Author Topic: Claymore - The Official Thread.  (Read 4426 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Claymore - The Official Thread.
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:34 am »
I thought I'd add this because I am so into the Manga at the moment.

I'll quote from the Wikia since I can't explain how amazing this series is to me.

What are Claymores?

Claymores are the titular characters of the series. Named after the swords they wield, they are half-human, half-Yoma hybrid warriors of the Organization. Normally, Claymores don't call each other by the name "Claymore"; instead, the humans gave them this name, alternatively referring to them as "silver-eyed witches/slayers."

Who's the main Character?

Well, there are a few characters that take this role, but the one you will "mostly" see and read about is Clare.

Clare is a female Claymore and the Organization's number 47 during her generation. She is the main protagonist of the series. She is the only known Claymore to have taken the flesh and blood of a fellow Claymore rather than that of a Yoma, making her a 3/4 human and 1/4 Yoma, as opposed to 1/2 human and 1/2 yoma like all other warriors. As such, she was considered as weak and was given the last rank of No. 47 in the 150th generation. Despite this, she is extremely powerful and is one of the first partially Awakened Beings.

The second character you will read about is Miria.

Miria was Claymore No. 6 of the 127th generation in the Organization, and currently the deuteragonist of the series. Her ability to move at frightening speeds, leaving after-images of herself in order to evade attacks and confuse her opponents, earned her the title "Phantom Miria" (幻影のミリア, Gen'ei no Miria)

What are Yoma?

Yoma are beings that feed on human flesh and blood. They can shape-shift into human form that allows them to live among humans. The Organization creates them by rounding up orphan boys and sending them to the North while the girls are sent to the East to become Claymores. They are created by combining the flesh of both a humanoid and an "Awakened" Asarakam, which forms a parasite with transfigurative abilities that is capable of infecting the brains of unsuspecting human hosts. The end result is a Yoma.

Yoma have strength and speed beyond humans and can regenerate damaged bodies at incredible speeds. Yoma in their true state have golden cat-like eyes, razor sharp teeth and claws, muscular, elongated limbs and torsos, purple blood and brown, purple, gray or green skin./left]

I'll add more if people are interested, but I am currently reading the Manga after watching the Anime and being "mostly" satisfied with it.

If I were to describe it, the fight scenes are like Dragon Ball Z, but the premise feels very similar to Highlander with a hint of "Heroes" in it.

I hope you enjoy this series as much as I do!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:30:28 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: Claymore - The Official Thread.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 02:59:53 am »
This has been bugging me about your signature for a while.  Personification is when you make an inanimate object seem human, like painting a face on a rock. 

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:07:02 am »
This has been bugging me about your signature for a while.  Personification is when you make an inanimate object seem human, like painting a face on a rock. 

Ah sorry about that. I'll change it then.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:20:31 am »

That's not the only definition. It also means to embody a quality or idea. This can apply to both people and objects.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 08:26:32 am »
It doesn't matter really, I needed to change it anyway. :P