Author Topic: What gifts did you get? - 2013 edition  (Read 11834 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
What gifts did you get? - 2013 edition
« on: December 28, 2013, 09:42:03 am »
Figured it would be fun to share what we all got for the holidays. Not sure why I initiated this, since I don't have a lot to share. lol

I received:

- shaving set with a great silver handle engraved with my initials, three blades, and shaving cream
- new winter gloves with iPhone friendly finger tips
- some mystery gift from my parent's
- Wolverine blu-ray unleashed extended edition
- some much needed kitchen tools
- extremely warm sweater
- lotta money

No games, but I never ask for games since I can't hold out until Christmas anymore. I might get some more 3D classics on the 3DS for myself.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: What gifts did you get? - 2013 edition
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »
My gifts:

1. Double Edged safety razor for shaving with 101 blades :D , I was always complaining about the shaving racket here in the US of A so a rather solid gift really. Means I can skip these awful razor prices. I'm a bit of a miser.

2. RayBan Wayfarers: I actually wanted some that were unbranded but made by the same company from Costco but my Mom said the price difference she got between those and these made it worthwhile, I'm not one for brand names but admittedly I'm slightly pleased because the Costco ones were tortoise shell while these are pure black. As such the more accurate sunglasses for my Sonny Crockett/Miami Vice fanboyship.

3. Two pairs of pajama pants, since I asked for them (this was actually all I asked for)

4. boxers

5. $200

6. Let me off at the top by Ron Burgundy, Ron Burgundy's (or Will Ferrell's) new book.

7. $50 gift card to my favorite pizza place.

8. $25 amazon gift card, $20 Steam card

9. a Monet, Agapanthus, print.

10. around $50 worth of candy/soda

11. Games purchased w/ gift cards: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition, Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, Rise of the Triad 2013, Shadow Warrior 2013 (+Viscera Cleanup detail: Shadow Warrior edition), Guacamelee, Castle of Illusion, Dungeons and Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, Rogue Legacy, Samurai Gunn, Max Payne 3 (this game sucks, I paid $4 and I want my $4 back), Left 4 Dead 2 (Valve's Christmas gift to Steam users, free of charge).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:56:13 pm by TaroYamada »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 05:14:06 pm »
a pair of pajama pants

My gifts:

1. Double Edged safety razor for shaving with 101 blades :D , I was always complaining about the shaving racket here in the US of A so a rather solid gift really. Means I can skip these awful razor prices. I'm a bit of a miser.

Nice. I've been shaving that way for a while now. It's much better then cheap disposable razors, and much less expensive then the expensive razors which are the alternative to cheap razors. My facial hair grows in thick, so it was always really bad with store bought razors, got irritated and bloody every time i shaved. Been a much better experience with double edged safety razors with blades that are known for being fairly sharp. Tempeted to try even sharper blades but damn would I need to be really careful, wouldn't want to make a mistake with those like i still do sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:15:48 pm by Will »

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:58:58 pm »
a pair of pajama pants

Nice. I've been shaving that way for a while now. It's much better then cheap disposable razors, and much less expensive then the expensive razors which are the alternative to cheap razors. My facial hair grows in thick, so it was always really bad with store bought razors, got irritated and bloody every time i shaved. Been a much better experience with double edged safety razors with blades that are known for being fairly sharp. Tempeted to try even sharper blades but damn would I need to be really careful, wouldn't want to make a mistake with those like i still do sometimes.

Mine are Astra blades, which I had been looking at. My mom must have seen them in the recently viewed on Amazon list or some crap. They are Russian blades and folks on the shaving forums seemed to say nice things about them, plus they were like $10 for a pack of 100, you can't beat that.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 06:12:07 pm »
Mine are Astra blades, which I had been looking at. My mom must have seen them in the recently viewed on Amazon list or some crap. They are Russian blades and folks on the shaving forums seemed to say nice things about them, plus they were like $10 for a pack of 100, you can't beat that.

Yeah, Astra is what i got. I got them cause of their price, and cause people were saying they were pretty sharp, and they are compared to junk store blades :) just thinking maybe i should try even sharper ones and see how that goes.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 10:28:54 pm »
1. A new pair of headphones/earbuds

2. A new sweater and backpack

3. Rayman Legends

4. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

5. A pair of Batman pajamas

6. $15 AMC gift card

7. $20 rechargable Visa

8. nearly $180

9. Superman T-shirt

10. Twilight Sparkle and Deadpool Funko figures

11. about $20 Regal Entertainment gift card

12. Spock t-shirt

13. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

14. Captain America plushie

15. candies

Offline Bartman3010

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 12:51:40 am »
My dad just gave me $500 since he tried to think of something to get me that wasn't video game related.

Sadly, most of my money did go to video games. But he did get me a filing cabinet, something I've waited years for, and its helping me save a ton of space.

I'm still holding out some money to see what I want to get. Until then, here's most of what I got with the money.

Wii U
Super Mario 3D World
Sonic Lost World
The Wonderful 101
Mario & Luigi Wii Remotes
NES Remix

3DS Downloads:
The Starship Damery
Mighty Switch Force 2
3D Galaxy Force II

I also went and bought myself something really neat that I hope comes intact in the mail.

There were also some clothes and gift cards thrown in there.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 06:51:06 am »
Welcome to the Wii U club! What's you're Miiverse name?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 08:04:06 pm »
Got myself

Xbox One Console
Dead Rising 3

Received

Kuerig coffee maker
Bunch of kcups
LA Kings Shirt
LA Kings Shirt Stadium Series
LA Kings Hockey Stick
LA Kings Jacket
Coffee mug
Chocolates
Work Bonus

Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 02:16:04 pm »
Technically the most expensive Christmas I ever spent money on since I obtained a profit on some Royal Mail shares (eases the pain of buying stuff, lol).

I got a coat, some gloves, aftershave (Victicious or however you spell that), £30 from the Nana that never visits (long story), more aftershave from my uncle, a watch, a scarf/hat combo and a jumper.

That's about it, but I spent a lot of money on my family. A TV, a DBZ Box Set (Frieza Saga), Breaking Bad Seasons 1 to 3 and probably a few trips to the restaurant.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 02:26:14 pm »
Ordered the AVGN plush as well as the Board James and AVGN volume 7 DVDs

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 06:08:09 am »
XBOX 360: Diablo 3
3DS: Etrian Odyssey, Untold
Blu Rays:  Simpsons Season 16, Iron Man 3, The Hobbit Extended Edition, Pacific Rim
CD's: GWAR -- Battle Maximus, Ghost --BC, Black Sabbath, 13
A Pin with a crab on it.  :)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 03:37:18 am »
Santa left these gifts under the christmas tree:

-Two new coats;
-An Android Tablet;
-A DVD player with an HDMI socket;
-New winter sneakers;

Offline Evander23

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 07:39:44 am »
I was 12 years old and I got a guitar, my parents bought it for me as a Christmas gift. It was a beautiful acoustic guitar, its neck was smooth, it had a big body, it looked great and I loved it! I was a kid, but I could already tell it was made out of some very strong material. I had to learn how to play it and my parents did their best to help me.