Author Topic: Games that need HD releases  (Read 16312 times)

Offline MykonosFan

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Games that need HD releases
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 10:35:20 am »
There are a lot that could use PC ports... Being able to access most of SEGA's back catalogue on PC (legally) would be sweet... I really hope the ports get the kind of due attention that M2 ports have gotten... They don't need new content, just be as faithful as possible or better!

My top games I'd love to see on PC would be:
1. Both Shenmue games.
2. Skies of Arcadia
3. Jet Set Radio Future
4. REZ HD
5. VANQUISH
6. Bayonetta
7. Virtua Fighter 5
8. Guardian Heroes
9. Panzer Dragoon Saga and Orta
10. Shining Force 3 (All parts.)

Honours: Sonic Colours, Condemned 2: Bloodshot, Chrome Hounds.
You pretty much nailed anything I could've named. I would also hope for some Yakuza titles and Sonic Unleashed. While Yakuza at least has a slight chance someday, Unleashed is a pipe dream with the reception that it got, I fear.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »
You pretty much nailed anything I could've named. I would also hope for some Yakuza titles and Sonic Unleashed. While Yakuza at least has a slight chance someday, Unleashed is a pipe dream with the reception that it got, I fear.
You can play the Unleashed mod on Generations PC version. It's literally the same levels on the Gens engine.
SEG4GES

Offline MykonosFan

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 02:41:55 pm »
You can play the Unleashed mod on Generations PC version. It's literally the same levels on the Gens engine.

I have and it was great, I'm just one of the weirdos that likes the Werehog levels and hub worlds too.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 07:36:41 pm »

I have and it was great, I'm just one of the weirdos that likes the Werehog levels and hub worlds too.
You are weird!

The Werehog gameplay is pretty satisfying, I just found the levels too damn long
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 08:56:14 pm »
You are weird!

The Werehog gameplay is pretty satisfying, I just found the levels too damn long

Werehog was fun, for about 8 mins, but then the stages went on for what felt like 20-30 mins and they didn't have a timer because they knew that if they told you how long you've been playing you'd be pissed off, lol

I actually liked what felt like elements lifted from Ristar for the werehog as well. Wish Sonic Team mentioned that aspect in interviews, because it couldn't have been a coincidence.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 09:33:14 pm »
If they were making Sonic Unleashed again, SEGA would need to start from scratch. I found that Sonic Unleashed was the third worst Sonic title of all. Unresponsive controls, terrible level design, and a poor camera angle are just the beginning of the problems in that awful adventure. It did have a great nostalgia to it though. Maybe it could work if someone made a game LIKE it. Just not an HD version of the same awful experience.

Offline MykonosFan

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 10:30:13 pm »
You are weird!

They definitely are. If you sink a lot of time into messing around in them, you can find the fights you can skip which can really lower the time spent in levels. I've gotten Dragon Road Night down to about 2 1/2 minutes.
...that said, no sane person should be expected to find skippable fights to avoid spending 15+ minutes in a level. That any stage in the game could go on for more than 5 or 6 minutes is still insane to me. Not to mention Eggmanland. Yikes.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 11:25:43 pm »
Sega could use a racing game that does not include any type of cartoon dog.
Sega also does not need another moronic racing game about a blue hedgehog.
They could make an HD version of Out Run.
That would be fun.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 10:27:35 am »
Sega could use a racing game that does not include any type of cartoon dog.
Sega also does not need another moronic racing game about a blue hedgehog.
They could make an HD version of Out Run.
That would be fun.
They already did. It was Outrun Arcade, released on PSN and XBLA.
Only gripe I had with it, is it didn't have the SP tracks
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 10:51:13 am »
They already did. It was Outrun Arcade, released on PSN and XBLA.
Only gripe I had with it, is it didn't have the SP tracks
I wouldn't need those tracks. I might try that one out. A brand new racing game is what would attract. Still, it's something that I highly doubt.

Offline MykonosFan

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2015, 11:23:41 am »
I wouldn't need those tracks. I might try that one out. A brand new racing game is what would attract. Still, it's something that I highly doubt.
Good luck, it was de-listed quite some time ago.

:( I wish I had bought it when I had the chance.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2015, 06:06:28 pm »
Yea, you can't get it anymore.

But you can torrent Outrun 2006 for the PC and play it in HD. It's the same thing.
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2015, 11:40:49 pm »
Ecco The Dolphin and Vectorman would be very fun to see in HD.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 01:11:22 pm »
I know it doesn't quite fit the category, but a re-release of Resonance of Fate for PC might do well. It's initial release was awful as it went up against Final Fantasy.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 01:42:27 pm »
I know it doesn't quite fit the category, but a re-release of Resonance of Fate for PC might do well. It's initial release was awful as it went up against Final Fantasy.

I think that's a great idea. It seems to be a game that the PC crowd would really embrace, as by all accounts its combat system is extremely satisfying. It has a steep learning curve but is very gratifying once you get it.