Off Topic > Everything Else

Movies Of 2017

(1/14) > >>

Spock:
Which ones are you excited about?

I'm  definitely going to see Star Wars Episode VIII.

Not very excited about Beauty and the beast. Would rather see a different 80s or 90s Disney remake.

The new Pirates of the Caribbean sounds fun.

Barry the Nomad:
Off the top of my head, Star Wars Ep 8 and Wonder Woman, though I am sure there are more.

max_cady:
Wonder Woman, Star Wars Episode VIII, Logan, Guardians of Galaxy 2 and of course... The Justice League movie.

crackdude:
That new Thor actually seems it's going to be ok

Barry the Nomad:
Ahhh right, Logan and Justice League. I knew I was forgetting something.

I have probably said it before on the boards, but I am far more a fan of the X-Men movies and the DC movies than I am Marvel. Marvel movies are good, don't get me wrong! But they always felt too... safe? Villains are rarely memorable and I feel that they often get too bogged down by the interconnectedness. Like, I just want to throw on an adventure starring the titular character. I don't want to orient myself and recall five other movies that fall before and after the movie I'm watching. I think that's why I liked Doctor Strange so much. AntMan and GotG were also fun. Still, I feel that X-Men despite some really big missteps (namely X3 and the first Wolverine movie) are far more entertaining with some really stellar actors and iconic characters. I am a secret DC movies fan too, I actually liked Man of Steel (want a rating? 7/10) and really liked how BvS set up the whole fight. The Ultimate Edition gave Superman some much needed additional scenes, I loved the casting of Affleck and I think Wonder Woman stole every scene she was in. I also liked Suicide Squad in just how disjointed it was. I know, that should be a negative, but it reminded me of Mystery Men (a superhero team movie that I love) where you had all these characters with varying degrees of seriousness and insanity and they all worked off each other for a really eclectic adventure. I think future DC films are going to be better and enjoyed by the masses more, but I still like the foundation laid and just how many characters we have now in one cinematic universe. Now I just hope they keep utilizing them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version