Author Topic: Man I really want a new SEGA Racing Transformed...  (Read 9613 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Man I really want a new SEGA Racing Transformed...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 10:46:27 am »
Transformed took like 3 years to make if I remember right. Lets say if they started last year, then maybe in 2017 there could be a chance.

take this with a grain of salt since its tssz but it seems like as of May 2015 no sequel is in the works. 

http://www.tssznews.com/2015/05/29/steve-lycett-were-not-currently-making-anything-all-stars-related/

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 10:59:56 am »
I'm not hopefully, I think Sonic Boom has taken precedence over this.

Call me a cynic but SEGA doesn't roll (Pun absolutely intended) with multiple Sonic spinoffs (YES MORE PUNS) at once. We'll get another Sonic title in 2017 no doubt but if Sonic Boom continues to be successful I feel SEGA West would just stick with that franchise.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 11:30:38 am »

Call me a cynic but SEGA doesn't roll (Pun absolutely intended) with multiple Sonic spinoffs (YES MORE PUNS) at once. We'll get another Sonic title in 2017 no doubt but if Sonic Boom continues to be successful I feel SEGA West would just stick with that franchise.

Like I needed another reason to hate Sonic Boom...
Made by SEGA

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 12:09:17 pm »
I'd definitely purachase a sequel to this franchise.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 12:32:43 pm »

I think you're on the money with this one.  Sega's current strategy has no place for a game that celebrates their history as a developer of great/games. 

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 12:38:39 pm »
We don't know that, I don't really think Boom has anything to do with All-Stars game. Sanzaru Games doesn't develop those games, SEGA America wasn't the ones managing the project. It was a SEGA of Europe game.

That would be like pretending the reason there is no Shenmue 3 from SEGA was because they funded Alpha Protocol.

Offline Tempest

• Total Meseta: 0
  • To be this good takes AGES.
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 04:43:53 am »
I gotta disagree with story mode... I usually hate when they try to explain cross overs... There's just no good way to explain Ryo and Sonic in the same universe, just don't try.

I definitely agree with that. In fact, stories in racing games generally don't work. Look what the story did to F-Zero GX. For me, the story mode ruined the game despite the racing action and mechanics being so fantastic.

I'd like them to tone down the difficulty of a sequel. I like challenging games, but there's a big difference between making a game challenging and frustrating and on some of the harder difficulties in Transformed, the game was overly frustrating. This was compounded by players needing to complete the harder difficulties to unlock everything.

The flight and boat mechanics need tweaking as they definitely weren't as fun as the road sections.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 08:44:52 am »
I have pretty much no interest in another Sonic Kart Racer, but wouldn't be opposed to seeing them try again. I still want a Racers Megamix more than anything, basically an arcade racer in the vein of Daytona or Sega Rally, but with tracks and cars from all their games.

It'll never happen in a million billion years, so Mario Kart it is. Maybe they can win me over with their next attempt.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:33 pm »

I'd like more racing games from SEGA period. The Sumo stuff especially has been a lot of fun.

I still want a Racers Megamix more than anything, basically an arcade racer in the vein of Daytona or Sega Rally, but with tracks and cars from all their games.

That would have made a rad original Xbox game, but SEGA eventually decided to chase licenses and try to be EA. Their initial stab at being a 3rd party was probably the last breath that could have delivered that dream game.