Author Topic: What does Sega of Japan consider as their major products?  (Read 17031 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: What does Sega of Japan consider as their major products?
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2015, 02:13:15 am »
It's just badly written. Every story has conflict and characters that even if you don't particularly like, you can get behind and support in some way. GoT though...is just bad. 95% of the characters are horrible and the rest usually get killed off sooner or later. That type of entertainment gets draining and loses its effect if the writers keep hitting the same emotional well. The viewer/reader etc will eventually just stop caring thus stop watching.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:07:52 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 04:46:33 am »
Calm down mr hipster
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2015, 07:09:33 am »
Hipster? I'm too old to care for such things lol

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2015, 07:27:26 am »
;)
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2015, 08:02:50 am »
It's just badly written. Every story has conflict and characters that even if you don't particularly like, you can get behind and support in some way. GoT though...is just bad. 95% of the characters are horrible and the rest usually get killed off sooner or later. That type of entertainment gets draining and loses its effect if the writers keep hitting the same emotional well. The viewer/reader etc will eventually just stop caring thus stop watching.

I can dig it. I stopped watching it for a similar reason. I actually like that main characters get killed off, it means the show is more tense knowing 'oh that guy is too popular to die'. I disagree that characters aren't likeable, I found a lot of them enjoyable and compelling.

As I said though, I stopped watching after S3 and have no real desire to return so...

We're also getting kind of off topic here. Golden Axe I feel would be more at home with a 90's era style adventure TV series (Besides, I really, REALLY doubt Sega is going to make anything big budget with these ideas).