Author Topic: Bentley Jones Teases “So Much More” Remix  (Read 16681 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Bentley Jones Teases “So Much More” Remix
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 10:45:18 am »
Transformed was so gud tho

It was a great kart racer.

But I don't like SEGA's driving games cause they're kart racers. I also hate powerups, I like pure driving mechanics.

Also not enough variation in the IPs.

Either go all Sonic or go all SEGA, not half hearted one way or the other.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 10:59:59 am »
But I don't like SEGA's driving games cause they're kart racers. I also hate powerups, I like pure driving mechanics.

I guess if you don't like kart racers you... won't like kart racers.

I agree with your second point. I much prefer if they focused the game on all of Sega and not be 50% Sonic shit and 50% Sega awesome. I like Sonic, but Racing Megamix sounds much better.
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 11:02:05 am »
I guess if you don't like kart racers you... won't like kart racers.

I agree with your second point. I much prefer if they focused the game on all of Sega and not be 50% Sonic shit and 50% Sega awesome. I like Sonic, but Racing Megamix sounds much better.

Yeah so that's my problem, I expected something from SEGA rather than something that's popular (Kart) racers, so once I saw the title I was disappointed.

Honestly I'd have no issue if it was completely Sonic, there's a lot of awesome zones and characters you can explore in the Sonic universe. However if you try to cater to the universal SEGA fanbase and Sonic fanbase, one of them is unfortunately going to be left unsatisfied.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 12:08:32 pm »
Not to mention how utterly creatively bankrupt they were for some stuff.

Instead of Green Shells, we have... a Green boxing glove.

GG's Sumo, no re.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 12:20:34 pm »
Not to mention how utterly creatively bankrupt they were for some stuff.

Instead of Green Shells, we have... a Green boxing glove.

GG's Sumo, no re.

Japanese version had Puyos for power ups.

This is why I really wanted SEGA Japan to handle it, they're more willing to embrace their legacy.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 12:59:07 pm »
There should only be Sega Japan, and teams to port all their stuff
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 01:08:17 pm »
There should only be Sega Japan, and teams to port all their stuff

Which team would develop Total War?

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 03:06:53 pm »

So a Sega Fanservice game without Sonic? That's even possible?It would sell like that?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 03:13:11 pm »
So a Sega Fanservice game without Sonic? That's even possible?It would sell like that?

I meant only one Sonic character instead of the seven we got in the original.

It was made worse because of the fact another 3 characters were from Sonic Team games. One development studio at SEGA had a representation of 50%, it really was an awful selection.

Very much came off as SEGA Europe being unable to accept their Japanese legacy and going with the safest possible bet.

Although wither it would sell or not is another matter entirely, I was willing to overlook the "karting" game style as long as they got the playable characters right, they didn't even. A better attempt in the sequel but still so many missed opportunities...

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 03:22:27 pm »
I meant only one Sonic character instead of the seven we got in the original.

It was made worse because of the fact another 3 characters were from Sonic Team games. One development studio at SEGA had a representation of 50%, it really was an awful selection.

Very much came off as SEGA Europe being unable to accept their Japanese legacy and going with the safest possible bet.

Although wither it would sell or not is another matter entirely, I was willing to overlook the "karting" game style as long as they got the playable characters right, they didn't even. A better attempt in the sequel but still so many missed opportunities...

Well, if you put likethat, Fighters Megamix commited the same cons.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 03:26:38 pm »
Well, if you put likethat, Fighters Megamix commited the same cons.

Fighters Megamix was an AM2 crossover, not Sega.

It was also a 3D fighting game that drew on characters primarily from 3D Fighting games.
SARS was a racing game that drew primarily from platform characters and random bits and bobs from every genre EXCEPT racing games.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 03:39:41 pm »
Transformed did a much better job in representing more than just Sonic and giving the SEGA racing past representation. We had the Hornet, the OutRun car (on the Wii U), and an OutRun course as well as the Hang-On arcade machine. Actually, I believe ASRT had LESS Sonic representation: the first game had 8 Sonic racers and 9 Sonic tracks while the second had 7 Sonic racers and 5 Sonic tracks (which in and of itself had more franchise variety).

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2015, 04:07:53 pm »
I don't get what you guys mean when you say there wasn't enough Sega representation. They hit all the key, major franchises with Transformed, stuff like Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead, NiGHTS, Space Channel 5, even brought out frigging Burning Rangers just for fun. I can kind of understand not liking how much Sonic Team rep was in the game, but if it was JUST Sonic being represented, then we'd get people complaing about no Ristar, no NiGHTS, etc.

It would be cool if they hit some of the more recent Sega givings, Hatsune Miku, Madworld, and Bayonetta for example, or more obscure stuff like Vectorman, but for imo Transformed gave a very well-rounded roster that represented a good chunk of history (with the exception of Danica Patrick, I still don't understand why she was in the game).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2015, 05:12:06 pm »
I don't get what you guys mean when you say there wasn't enough Sega representation. They hit all the key, major franchises with Transformed, stuff like Panzer Dragoon, House of the Dead, NiGHTS, Space Channel 5, even brought out frigging Burning Rangers just for fun. I can kind of understand not liking how much Sonic Team rep was in the game, but if it was JUST Sonic being represented, then we'd get people complaing about no Ristar, no NiGHTS, etc.

It would be cool if they hit some of the more recent Sega givings, Hatsune Miku, Madworld, and Bayonetta for example, or more obscure stuff like Vectorman, but for imo Transformed gave a very well-rounded roster that represented a good chunk of history (with the exception of Danica Patrick, I still don't understand why she was in the game).

They are referring to SEGA's past racing games and how the first ASR didn't do a thing to represent the liked of Scud Race, Daytona USA, Hang-On, OutRun and others. Even Sonic Free Riders had more SEGA racing representation than ASR.

Having said that, I still like ASR but I think ASRT did "So Much More" with non-Sonic IPs and did a good job in representing SEGA's racing legacy. I still think ASRT needed a little more SEGA racing rep, like Three Seven Speedway and a few other classic tracks, but overall I think ASRT is the better game and a sequel done right.

The weapons... I wasn't so bothered with. I get that Sumo is making a SEGA All-Stars title, but I think they have the right to make the game their own in some areas.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 05:56:18 pm »
They are referring to SEGA's past racing games and how the first ASR didn't do a thing to represent the liked of Scud Race, Daytona USA, Hang-On, OutRun and others. Even Sonic Free Riders had more SEGA racing representation than ASR.

Ooooohhh, I must've been misreading stuff in that case.