Author Topic: Gaming News  (Read 72526 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Gaming News
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2016, 01:25:33 pm »
Yeah, I reckon so. Bit like Nintendo with their handhelds.

Although, there is notable and somewhat worrying issue there too: https://youtu.be/4p0pI018jQ0

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2016, 08:24:32 am »
So...how about all this episodic BS? Y'know at first I was okay with it because I understood from an economic and development standpoint, it's a way to make a game that otherwise could not be made, but...it's just getting really old. Especially with Telltale, with the money and notoriety they have, does it make any sense nowadays to release all their games in seasons?? Plus, we have the new...Hitman...

One level. That's all you get out of this 'episodic experience.' One level. And sure, they plan to support that level with like additional challenges...but they're online challenges. What's gonna happen when the game is no longer supported? I tell you what, you're gonna have like six levels to play in with some bonus content in them if you're lucky. Plus, with that absurd 'online and offline saves' thing, it just sounds like the publisher or developer is essentially making a big scam of the online-only bullshit.

If there's anything I want dead in this industry, it's online-only bullshit.

Offline Tad

« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:03 pm »
Episodic gaming is fine. Despite bringing it into popularity, Telltale have certainly dropped the ball with it since. They've struggled to meet deadlines, clearly rushed some though and released some in a buggy state. Life is strange and King's Quest however have been great.

Square-Enix seems to have seen the success of Life is Strange and thought it was because of its episodic format which wasn't the case at all. They've now pushed hitman and FF7 in that format because of it too.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2016, 07:01:45 pm »
No, yeah, I totally think episodic gaming as a format is fine. There's a lot of reasons to do it, more time to develop certain aspects, allowing later episodes to be bigger and fancier thanks to money made off earlier episodes, hell for some game's cases, being episodic is the only way they can get off the ground. I sincerely wonder what happened to Telltale. The pioneers of the episodic, digital format, the ones who single-handedly brought adventure games back to the mainstream, now release buggy, unfinished interactive stories. I used to ask kinda regularly, "when's Sam and Max season 4?" but now I honestly want someone else to do that. Sam and Max in modern Telltale's hands scares me.

Offline Tad

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2016, 01:36:07 am »
It started to go downhill for Telltale after TWDS2/TWAU. They just started juggling too many projects and not focusing on one. That's not to say what they've put out isn't good, but you can see in some episodes the writers were clearly stretched thin. I've enjoyed what they've put out as a whole, but it would be nice to see them implement more Point 'n' click styled puzzles once in a way like Sam & Max had.

People seem to think adventure games faded way due to the other genre's, but I really disagree. Adventure games have always been story rich and have a really absorbing world because of it, I think what really did the genre harm was some of the awful illogical or just plain unfun puzzles. Even the widely considered brilliant games like Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Monkey Island has some really bad puzzles in there.

Broken Age is a clear example of this. The first part was praised for good puzzles, compelling story and an interesting world. Part two however, had some really cheap puzzles that left you wandering around for ages aimlessly - that's not fun for anyone!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 01:38:51 am by Tad »

Offline Tad

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2016, 01:36:57 am »
Indieformer Kickstarter highlights: https://youtu.be/5en_sfBKnKQ

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2016, 10:43:49 am »
It's been doing the rounds for a while now, but more rumours are circulating that Sony are going to release a Playstation 4.5.

It'll basically allow all of PS4's current games to work, but with an extra hardware boost for 4k.

There's no way games will do 4k on the PS4 imo . I think its more do with the VR and I can see PS VR make the 32x seem like a great idea
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2016, 09:35:03 am »
Console versions of Five Nights at Freddy's will happen, says creator https://t.co/4egAXRMQIb

Offline SonicFan4Life

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Boredbro.com - Sonic Fan Games Online
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2016, 05:02:50 pm »
Console versions of Five Nights at Freddy's will happen, says creator https://t.co/4egAXRMQIb

Well I don't know what to say lol. I thought the series was about dead finally. LOL, i guess they should just sell it in a pack of all 4 games for $10 lol.

Offline Tad

« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2016, 12:18:23 am »
Most likely, yes. I know people like to roll their eyes at this series (I'm not a fan myself either), but I don't think the abusive way people go about that is right. The series seem aimed at young adults just like Goosebumps etc.

Offline Tad

« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2016, 04:11:49 pm »
Disney Infinity discontinued as company exits console publishing business https://t.co/AAw7vsMUvU

Offline Tad

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2016, 10:11:42 am »
Anyone else see the Yooka-Laylee update?

Link: http://www.playtonicgames.com/raising-the-curtain/

Some really interesting stuff and the project seems to be going really well.

I have to say too, on twitter, the team there are brilliant. They're all friendly and willing to have a laugh and are leaving little bits for us to stay interested.

Offline Tad

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 08:14:40 am »
Gog.com are shortly releasing GOGConnect. It's software that allows you to merge your steam library into your GOG one.

That's pretty sweet if you ask me.

Offline Tad

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2016, 12:13:08 pm »
The Steam Sale has started!

Offline Tad

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2016, 11:05:53 am »
Anyone played Inside yet?

It's apparently a fascinating game, but you can't really talk about it as it ruins what it's about.