Author Topic: Movies Of 2017  (Read 37056 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Movies Of 2017
« on: November 21, 2016, 05:47:12 pm »
Which ones are you excited about?

I'm  definitely going to see Star Wars Episode VIII.

Not very excited about Beauty and the beast. Would rather see a different 80s or 90s Disney remake.

The new Pirates of the Caribbean sounds fun.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Movies Of 2017
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:35:21 pm »
Off the top of my head, Star Wars Ep 8 and Wonder Woman, though I am sure there are more.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 02:46:16 am »
Wonder Woman, Star Wars Episode VIII, Logan, Guardians of Galaxy 2 and of course... The Justice League movie.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 05:08:03 am »
That new Thor actually seems it's going to be ok
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 09:25:15 am »
Ahhh right, Logan and Justice League. I knew I was forgetting something.

I have probably said it before on the boards, but I am far more a fan of the X-Men movies and the DC movies than I am Marvel. Marvel movies are good, don't get me wrong! But they always felt too... safe? Villains are rarely memorable and I feel that they often get too bogged down by the interconnectedness. Like, I just want to throw on an adventure starring the titular character. I don't want to orient myself and recall five other movies that fall before and after the movie I'm watching. I think that's why I liked Doctor Strange so much. AntMan and GotG were also fun. Still, I feel that X-Men despite some really big missteps (namely X3 and the first Wolverine movie) are far more entertaining with some really stellar actors and iconic characters. I am a secret DC movies fan too, I actually liked Man of Steel (want a rating? 7/10) and really liked how BvS set up the whole fight. The Ultimate Edition gave Superman some much needed additional scenes, I loved the casting of Affleck and I think Wonder Woman stole every scene she was in. I also liked Suicide Squad in just how disjointed it was. I know, that should be a negative, but it reminded me of Mystery Men (a superhero team movie that I love) where you had all these characters with varying degrees of seriousness and insanity and they all worked off each other for a really eclectic adventure. I think future DC films are going to be better and enjoyed by the masses more, but I still like the foundation laid and just how many characters we have now in one cinematic universe. Now I just hope they keep utilizing them.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 12:19:16 pm »
The new Star Wars film and that's probably it at the moment.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 01:27:05 am »
Not very excited about Beauty and the beast. Would rather see a different 80s or 90s Disney remake.

I'd rather see The Little Mermaid remake than Beauty & The Beast.
How they'd apply all of those things under water and how they make the fishes dance.
Also : Emma Watson in clam bikini.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:35 pm »
Will live-action Aladdin be a real movie?

Offline Tad

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 11:17:15 am »
Rouge One is coming out soon, right? There's been literally no advertising or anything here in the UK to promote it.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »
There's also a brand new Transformers movie coming out... And that's all I have to say about it. I have no desire to watch another Transformers movie.

I'm looking foward to that Kong Island movie... And there's that new Mummy movie... with Tom Cruise. I saw the trailer a short while back... I don't know what to make of it.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 12:41:14 am »
Rouge One is coming out soon, right? There's been literally no advertising or anything here in the UK to promote it.
To my knowledge, it is only being released in the U.S. and it is not at all a big deal whatsoever. I don't know if it will be released on DVD or not there.

Will live-action Aladdin be a real movie?
Yes, but it will take them a lot longer than Beauty and the beast as they still don't know who they want to pick as the role for Jasmine.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 07:33:41 am »
lol, what are you talking about? Rogue One is a major motion picture being released internationally. It is breaking ticket pre-sale records for 2016 and has the potential to be the top earner of the year. Of course it will receive a home video release. There are tv and print campaigns running and a strong social media presence, not to mention Star Wars alone has a huge built in fanbase that don't need much marketing to convince them anyway.

Offline Tad

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 11:23:36 am »
Yup, just seen it's out on the 15 of dec here in the UK. Just looked at the second trailer, looks good too.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 04:25:48 pm »
Not sure if I can trust the Aladdin thing either. It would be very easy to find an actress to play Jasmine. Hell, I would do it for free.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 06:31:57 pm »
Aladdin was just announced in October, so I don't think Jasmine is holding it up. They likely don't even have a final script.