Author Topic: Recommend TV series here!  (Read 26895 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Recommend TV series here!
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:20:13 am »
Recommend TV series to download!

Survivors

This is probably my favourite TVs series on at the moment! Its fantastic!
Make sure you get the 2008/2010 remake not the original from the 80's.

Story:
The end of the human race, a virus has killed 99% of the population of the world, the story follows a few survivors that group togeather to survive... But there is many story archs, factions, a shady government and a mysterous cloud moving its way closer to england... (where the series is set.)

Series 2 is almost finished, (Which is shaping up better then the first series) do yourselves a massive favour and download this. It's brilliant!

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4fizCG5p_c

--

Being Human

Easily my second favourite TV series running these days. its got comedy, horror... its action packed and doesnt take itself too seriously.

Story:
Vampires, Ghosts and Werewolves do exist, but they keep them selves a secret from humanity, however they live among us... work among us and try to survive the daily day to day grind. Just like we do.

The story follows a Vampire that has gone cold turkey and refuses to drink blood and in other vampires eyes, even worse he has made best friends with a werewolf.

It sounds a bit far fetched I know but it is made so well it's almost believeable!
This series is also coming to the end of series 2. Which is much better then the first series.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_MjpEdx8k
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Recommend TV series here!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 01:03:24 am »
Shamelessly stolen from a SegaNerds thread. You know the drill;

The Sopranos

Probably my favourite TV series, following the life of New Jersey mobster Tony Soprano through his family and his 'business'. Brilliant series with great acting and writing. One of the first TV shows that rivalled hollywood in terms of talent and quality of production, and one of the best shows of all time. Some people don't like Season 1 all that much, so if you are unsure, I would probably suggest starting with Season 2. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XvykB9EK0E

DeadWood

Set in the Mining Camp of Deadwood, not recognised as a part of any state of the USA and therefore without law. It follows a number of characters including Saloon owner Al Sweardgen, former Sheriff Seth Bullock and a number of real historical figures and events like Calamity Jane and 'Wild' Bill Hickock. Very well written and even if you don't like westerns, you will likely find something to like in this series, it pulls no punches when it comes to violence and language.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=B909njPoX7k

Rome

The most impressive costume and set design I have ever seen for a TV show, Rome centers on the Rise and Fall of Julius Ceaser, and (in season 2) Antony and Cleopatra. The story is told through two Roman Soldiers (played by Ray Stevenson and Kevin McKidd) covering their personal lives as well as the Roman Empire itself. While the acting and writing is of course great, the show is worth watching for the spectacle alone, the battles and recreation of Rome and other cities is really fantastic.

The Wire

Only cop show I've ever bothered to watch, and one of the best written, acted and directed shows I've seen. Brilliant series exploring the entire city of Baltimore. Really huge scope and detail, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

[youtube:1c912l5i]ZbhH0JmMFzo[/youtube:1c912l5i]

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 01:27:53 am »
Dexter

Dexter is a forensic expert in blood patterns who works with the Miami Police Department. He is also a serial killer, who kills people that the police can't bring to justice. He has to hide his double life from his sister, his girlfriend and his co-workers. He is intrigued by a killer who has found a way to kill girls without leaving blood behind. (Season 1)
The Shield

A drama series about a police department that suffers from corruption. Inspired by Los Angeles' Rampart Division scandal. The series is set in a tough, morally ambiguous world in which the line between good and bad is crossed every day. It focuses on the tension between a group of corrupt but effective cops and a captain torn between bringing them down and his own political ambitions.
V

Show Description: “V” is a re-imagining of the 1980’s miniseries about the world’s first encounter with an alien race in which the aliens call themselves The Visitors, and have a seemingly friendly agenda that may or may not be a cover for something more malevolent.

Stealing descriptions ftw.

I'll add more later.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 03:56:28 am »
 LOST is the best. Don't need anything else.

T+

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 04:09:01 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"

T+
You are crazy, lost stopped being good after series 1... and that was just a series full of 'potential to be good'... now there just dragging it on!
Made by SEGA

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 04:20:29 am »
You probably watched Band of Brothers. The Pacific is coming this March. Ooooh

Also, The IT Crowd.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 04:41:01 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
You probably watched Band of Brothers. The Pacific is coming this March. Ooooh

Also, The IT Crowd.
I have ineed watched Band of Brothers, I loved it. Very good series and I'm looking forward to The Pacific too.

But I would really like a series like this that also featured other nations... Britian for example, Russians or maybe even the French Resistance.

Theres only so many times I want to watch the American campaign.

The IT Crowd is brillant, one of my favourite new comedies.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 05:05:05 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "STORM!"

T+
You are crazy, lost stopped being good after series 1... and that was just a series full of 'potential to be good'... now there just dragging it on!

HAHAHA! Bakachin!! There is nothing better than LOST on the TV. We are on the final season and the series still hot hot hot!!!

Maybe V could be a good series too, since I've seen the original when child, and that was pretty good.

The truth is that I have no patience anymore to watch series; who wants to wait 1 week or more to a new episode? Oh hell...nope.

T+

Offline Snowcat

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 05:06:04 am »
The Peep Show
The American Office (I think its a little bit more relatable to a regular workplace then the english version)
Scrubs (not so much the newer season... pre season 5 is the best stuff)
and Spaced (why not)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 09:28:36 am »
Monk, Frasier and RENO 911 (avoid the movie and some of the first season though).

Offline MetaKraken_PSN

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 09:34:04 am »
Silent Library
True Life
The Buried Life
Pokémon
Spongebob Squarepants
1000 Ways to Die
Syfy horror films

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 09:56:41 am »

Clone High: It's an animated series that only lasted one season. It's about a future highschool where all the students are clones of famous historical figures.  The whole thing's a parody on teen-drama cliches and is hilarious

30 Rock: A behind the scenes look at a fictional sketch comedy on NBC.  It's really well written, and doesn't shy away from taking jabs at NBC, or pretty much anybody else. Lots of guest appearances too.

Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law: A defense attorney that takes cases for various Hanna-Barbera characters. Stephen Colbert is hilarious in it.

Flight of the Conchords: Very funny show about a folk-parody band trying to make it in New York City. The BBC radio series is very good too.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 10:03:22 am »

Offline Ulala5

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 12:11:08 pm »

Quite old but one of my fav series, too bad i had to search all the episodes because the italian TV suck and stopped it half to the second season.

And Spaced because i love Simon Pegg  :mrgreen:
Go Go Channel 5

[Xbox Gamercards

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »
One show which I'm enjoying a lot these days is Human Target.

It's about a security officer named Christopher Chance who works for a security firm. What he does is assume the identity of another person to protect his client(sometimes without the client's knowledge), expose the threat and neutralize it.

Chance is joined by team buddy Guerrero played Jackie Earle Haley(the actor who played Rorsasch from Watchmen, how cool is that!?) and Winston, his boss.

I'm three episodes in and I'm gonna watch the forth one right now.