Author Topic: The Films of 2015: Ant-Man, Avengers, Star Wars, Bond, Terminator, Mad Max, etc  (Read 54446 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Scientology isn't a religion, it's a cult. And I'm not saying I can't enjoy Tom Cruise movies, The Minority Report is a favorite of mine, I'm just saying that it hinders my suspension of disbelief when watching movies with them, especially when its a whackjob like Tom Cruise.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Scientology isn't a religion, it's a cult.
I'm not sure this kind of bigotry is welcome on this forum, Barry.

EDIT: This is going to cause a thing, so I'll point out now that I'm joking. We can shit-talk them in another topic and discourse the morality of insulting them too. Can I also insult Jews for example if you can insult Scientology?

More importantly, can you enjoy the Simpsons (old episodes) knowing the voice actor for Bart is up to her ears in Scientology?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 09:04:16 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
I think the difference is that, whilst there are people who in this day an age would call older religious founders barbaric (Such as Christian Bale did recently with Moses) they were actually progressive for their times and genuinely looked out for their people.

Whilst the founder of Scientology has a lot of controversy surrounding him and his "church" has been linked with extortion, kidnappings and murder. His character just doesn't align well with faith founders like Buddha, Guru Nanak etc and more akin to the North Korean leadership except far less powerful.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Yeah, I don't think my insulting scientologists opens it up to being okay to insult jews. That's not a fair comparison in the slightest, joking or not.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Like I said, if we are going into this rabbit hole, let's take it elsewhere so I can continue to shit talk Will Smith here and not ruin the thread.
(Also, I don't like Scientology either, but I'm just playing devil's avocado).

Aki linked me to this the other day, and I'm really looking forward to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFfsTsdJfF8

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I'd prefer not to continue this conversation elsewhere, so I'm good. I come here to talk SEGA and general pop culture stuff, not politics, cults and religion. Let's veer this back to 2015 movies.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
Let's veer this back to 2015 movies.

I just did, talk about SLOW WEST Dammit!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Suicide Squad director posted the following photos:

The gun and I assume the collar says "I am the light, the way", assuming that is going to be his catchphrase or something?

Don't know whats up with this guy and tattoos.

From left to right

Adam Beach: Slipknot
Jai Courtney: Captain Boomerang
Cara Delevingne: Enchantress
Karen Fukuhara: Katana
Joel Kinnaman: Rick Flagg
Margot Robbie: Harley Quinn
Will Smith: Deadshot
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje: Killer Croc
Jay Hernandez: El Diablo
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:47:21 pm by George »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
So DC is really pushing the Grimdark thing aren't they? (only partially trolling here)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Well, this is a super villain ensemble cast. Being dark makes a ton of sense. Personally, I'm very excited 'bout this one. This is a super villain team-up movie. It's completely different from any superhero-related adaptation thus far.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
First official art of the good new Avengers movie:

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Terrible artwork.

Hype level to the max because of Russo brothers though.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
MCU art has always looked like school folders for young kids.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
^Agreed.^ I passed on an Iron Man 2 War Machine banner for $5 at a local theater years ago because it looked so cartoony.