Author Topic: Trouble with the forums at Sega.com  (Read 30159 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Trouble with the forums at Sega.com
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:33 pm »
not yet. George needs to buy me that SEGA Pluto first.

have nux buy it for you, hes loaded!

3raser

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 12:23:30 am »
I hate to hear that this "Clumsyorchid" has been causing people so much stress. I do not know why people suddenly started talking about a "Sega Pluto". All of this is still interesting though. I had no idea things were that bad at sega.com

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 06:11:35 am »
You are not alone. clumsyorchid issues me many different warnings. All for personal attack, when all I did was express my opinion and help other people out with their problems with sega products. He eventually banned my account. I tried creating another one, but it was also banned because he had my ip. I asked cochrane (another admin) to give me my account back. He then told me that if he did, clumsyorchid would ban him too. It's very sad that clumsyorchid even still works for sega.

Wha? I never knew Cochrane helped people out myself (I've asked for his help a few times but he ignored me), but if I post a video that "may" appear offensive despite putting up the same video two weeks before that, I get a warning from him. I thought it was okay to post since I did it previously.

And wow...Cochrane banned? He's their most effective mod out of all of them!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »
Wha? I never knew Cochrane helped people out myself (I've asked for his help a few times but he ignored me), but if I post a video that "may" appear offensive despite putting up the same video two weeks before that, I get a warning from him. I thought it was okay to post since I did it previously.

And wow...Cochrane banned? He's their most effective mod out of all of them!

I'm sorry he ignored you. I can not give you proof of what happened, but I can give you the exact quote of what Cochrane told me, rather you believe it or not.

Cochrane: "If I gave you your account back, Clumsyorchid would ban me. Sorry."

He has helped many people on the forums. He does a good job of it. I guess maybe he might have been busy with something else, when you wanted his help. He might be strict on some people, but at least he did not do what Clumsyorchid did to me.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2013, 05:55:57 am »
I'm sorry he ignored you. I can not give you proof of what happened, but I can give you the exact quote of what Cochrane told me, rather you believe it or not.

Cochrane: "If I gave you your account back, Clumsyorchid would ban me. Sorry."

He has helped many people on the forums. He does a good job of it. I guess maybe he might have been busy with something else, when you wanted his help. He might be strict on some people, but at least he did not do what Clumsyorchid did to me.

I see. I believe you but Cochrane does annoy me now and again despite his best intentions.

I recall someone at SEGA was warned by MomonPSO (who I hear is strict), and they commented to Cochrane/Ignolme about it, they tried to help but the member was annoyed at being warned over something apparently small.

3raser

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2013, 06:17:26 pm »
It sounds like most of the members are hostile. There are many different problems that I have with the website as well, but nothing with administrators. I think Sega should definately consider improving their website in many different ways. Making it more like this website would be more understandable.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2013, 07:50:55 pm »
Personally I think company websites shouldn't have forums. Keep the community tied to the blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

3raser

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2013, 08:37:48 pm »
Personally I think company websites shouldn't have forums. Keep the community tied to the blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

That's actually not a bad idea.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2013, 09:39:31 pm »

I think forums are good to provide support, but other then that, i agree. Although it would defnitely be sad to see the forums go though! So many good memories.

3raser

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 10:17:17 pm »
I think forums are good to provide support, but other then that, i agree. Although it would defnitely be sad to see the forums go though! So many good memories.

You could say that about Sega itself. So many good memories of great consoles, but all of that is completely gone forever. Not attempting to start a different topic. I'm just saying it's true.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 06:23:52 am »
lol Not twitter! The worst kind of fans appear on outlets such as that!

At least the forums at SEGA retain 90% of the idiots/weirdos where the genuine fans ignore them, lol.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2013, 07:21:18 am »
I have never liked the SEGA forums. Way too many boards (I count 40+!) and many of them are junky and inactive. The admins are pretty mean, and quick to ban members who actually have coherent opinions. Don't dare get into a debate, because an admin will read it as an argument and ban you. :P

Also, as noted, there is a huge Sonic presence... to a fault. I love me my Sonic, but it's just too much over there. A lot of junk posts like "is cream the rabbit cool??" or "where is shadow???"

Really, SEGA should just save themselves the server space and work and close the official forums. Let fan sites take care of the forum side of things and leave the official site to advertising the games and the blog posts.
The problem is that they dont know how to cater to their fanbase if it isn't Sonic. Its not like the SOJ website where there is an attempt to make Sega the unifying brand despite what franchise/game you are into. sega.com only caters to bitter genesis sonic fans. There's hardly any links to the arcade website and there is zero attempt to create mini communities of fans of series that are kept going by Sega and have been released here. maybe they should take a leaf from this place and do a linkage to another forum like you do with kori's HOTD forums but on a larger scale since they actually have and sponser the other websites to FOOTBALL MANAGER and COH for example.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2013, 07:40:53 am »
I agree with the "There's hardly any links to the arcade website and there is zero attempt to create mini communities of fans of series that are kept going by Sega and have been released here." statement. I don't want to toot my own horn, but SEGA Amusements wasn't getting any online presence when it came to social network support until, for like a week, I aggressively urged people to follow them. Now they have over 700 followers when before they had less than 50.

@SEGA could have, and should, helped their own comapny out by urging people to follow @SegaAmusements on twitter and facebook. :P

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2013, 09:58:28 am »
That's the problem. I'm very glad that you as a Sega patriot took it upon yourself to do that. Because Sega amusements USA has been totally ignored by Sega.com for over  a decade now. And remember when Sega owned gameworks? Same thing again. Geez the amount of things that was on that site too. Sega.com is just a reflection of some bigger problem, that the company isn't being run properly. Sega isn't a brand name where all sega fans are being drawn to. Its effectivly a house which has different franchises under it, some bigger than the company itself and whose fans do not interact with each other. There is NO collective. Sega isn't building on its audience like EA and Capcom do. They are just relying on people who are fans of a particular franchise they create, co create or acquire and leave them to it instead of getting them together as a sega consumer/fan in general. And the website can make a big difference to change that if the people felt that they were part of a bigger base. But the fact that they dont give a toss, most of these fans stay where they are and if they dont some come here. All i'm saying when you consider the ammount of fans tied to TOTAL WAR, SONIC, SHINING FORCE and now COH, that website should be over the top busy then it is. Neogaf and this place has more activity than Sega.com has ever had in a long time.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2013, 11:30:27 am »
Ever since SEGA left the console business, I've thought as the arcade games as the next best thing (and sometimes a better thing) than a console. I mean, I'd take an hour on a sit-down After Burner Climax machine to all of the 32X library.

It would be awesome if SEGA.com threw more attention towards SEGA Amusements. Make a blog post about a new arcade game, tell people to get off their couches and try out new SEGA hardware in the public space. A little collaboration is VERY easy and really pays off. Why not give a SEGA Amusements staff member access to the SEGA.com blog and allow them to post when something important related to SEGA Amusements is happening? Like when Japanese arcade machines appear in the US, or highlight a unique arcade unit and tell people where they can find it, or announce stuff like Dream Raiders?