Author Topic: What are you watching lately?  (Read 17980 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you watching lately?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 05:32:39 pm »
I started watching the Teen Titans Go cartoon.

I was expecting the visuals to be similar to the original, albeit chibi form. So I'm not a huge fan of this art style but it serves it's purpose.

Two short stories per episode, kinda like the old school Dexter's Lab episodes. The pilot was kinda average, but these last two episodes have been pretty good. It's the Teen Titans from the original 2003 cartoon, with the original voice cast in quasi-slice of life sketches. It's a 100% comedy show. Some of the stuff I've seen is really hilarious and very meme-inducing.

It's for kids, but the humor can appeal to adults.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 08:55:03 am »
Nice. When does it air in Europe? I loved the original Teen Titans when I caught it on TV.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 10:59:44 am »
Orphan Black is pretty good.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 05:51:51 am »
Managed to finish the first 8 episodes of Game of Thrones.

Offline George

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2013, 04:30:02 am »
Managed? Its the best show on TV, you should be like "Thank you for allowing the great pleasure of viewing such great television, HBO!"

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2013, 07:11:39 am »
Managed? Its the best show on TV, you should be like "Thank you for allowing the great pleasure of viewing such great television, HBO!"

I've been renting discs of season 1 on DVD.

Offline George

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 12:08:53 am »
What you think of it so far?

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 02:46:45 am »
What you think of it so far?

Good stuff.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 04:02:07 pm »
Sonic X, the 3rd season (eps. 53 to 78).
Teen Titans...

Not much...

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 06:34:13 am »
Season 1 all finished. Those last two episodes make me more eager to watch season 2.

Offline George

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
Season 2 is a lot better and has a real 'battle' compared to the first one that seemed to be 'skipped' .

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2013, 10:06:21 am »

Offline George

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:00 pm »
Orphan Black has its ups and downs. But I think I like it, even if it is filled with unnecessary sex.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:20 pm »
I started watching that new Looney Tunes show... I have to say that I am quite impressed by it.

I guess I came in with an attitude, thinkin' that this was quite different from the original. This one is a bit different.

Imagine if the world of the Looney Tunes characters was set within the world of a Seinfeld episode. The characters, despite being animated walking talkin' animals, they have jobs, apartments, they have their schedules and their daily routines to deal with. It's a slice of life, but augmented by the fact that they are cartoons. It also has a bit of that Tiny Toons vibe that I really liked as in, the characters weren't invincible, they were flawed and they were prone to fail and dissapoint, which made them more reliable (in that context, if you liked Animaniacs I have this to say: BURN IN HELL!)

It works for the most part, I wasn't much of a fan of Lola's redesign, but I am growing attached to her quirky/creepy stalker, the original character was meant mostly for just eye-candy.
One of the oddest aspects is that Lola is obssessed with Bugs Bunny, but Daffy Duck, who for the most part is worthless, selfish, abusive and a freeloading prick, yet he has a completly serious and normal girlfriend. And Bugs is the straight man, through and through...

Offline max_cady

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:31 pm »
Sorry for the dp here.... but...

I've been watching a lot of toons lately. I've finished watching the latest Looney Tunes show and I picked up two new shows:

Teen Titans Go!: Don't be fooled by it's Tween presentation, it's actually quite funny and manages to surprise quite a lot along the way, especially good background humor.

Loonatics Unleashed: Yeah, I figured out why this show wasn't well received and cancelled. Simple, this would have been great in the early 90's, nowadays it feels like a relic of that era. It would've fit like a glove alongside Sonic Satam and Bucky O'Hare.