Author Topic: Dick Tracy  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Grounder

• Total Meseta: 0
Dick Tracy
« on: November 02, 2011, 11:32:29 pm »
Based on the Warren Beatty film. Yeah, the movie might not have been that great, but I thought this game was awesome! I liked how there was also stuff in the background that you could shoot at, and it had really fitting music too. I own both the Genesis and SMS versions of the game. The latter was developed by Blue Sky Software according to Wikipedia, but of course you can't always trust Wikipedia.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Dick Tracy
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:22 am »
Thanks for mentioning this one Grounder.  8) Awesome game. Oh, and kudos to you for bringing up some quality titles in the otherwise quiet Classic SEGA forum. Usually I'd frown on so many topics being posted at a time, but all the ones you've made are totally worthy of discussion. ;)

From '91 to '97 the Genesis was the only console I owned, and I actually had quite a small collection. Only about 20 games. All the Sonic titles, all the good Disney titles, TMNT Hyperstone Heist and some random ones from garage sales. Dick Tracy was one of my most played games in that ara, after Sonic and TMNT.

The game played like part sidescroller in the vein of Shinobi, part shooting gallery. There were some awesome moments, like the car chase and the boss fights. Colors were bright and well implemented, music was awesome. I will always have this one stuck in my head (at 50 seconds in):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zZ2xXUvn6w

This one definitely got a lot of play on car trips with my Nomad.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
Re: Dick Tracy
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:52:40 pm »
Awesome game! Leaps and bounds better than the NES version, in my opinion. Genesis really had some fantastic movie licensed titles, like Batman, True Lies and Demolition Man. Hehe. Demolition Man is incredible to me. The sound quality really stands out for me. Hearing Stallone say "Send a maniac to catch one." and "Heads up!" makes me laugh every time. It's just awesome.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q