Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 665802 times)

3raser

UPDATE: IT'S HAPPENING!!!

-----
Original post:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/05/28/shenmue-3-and-wii-u-exclusive-dreams/

http://n4g.com/news/303797/shenmue-3-is-finally-announced

I realize that people have made false announcements of this game for over ten years. It's just that the links are actual news and not forums websites. I'm not sure if it is official. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:25:08 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:58 am »
The second link is from April's Fools 2009.

The first one is being discussed in this thread: http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2552.0

It's cool to speculate. Especially when in comes to Shenmue III. But every single freaking year there are Shen3 rumours before E3. So don't get your hopes up. It's a shot in the dark.
SEG4GES

3raser

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 06:36:32 am »
The second link is from April's Fools 2009.

The first one is being discussed in this thread: http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2552.0

It's cool to speculate. Especially when in comes to Shenmue III. But every single freaking year there are Shen3 rumours before E3. So don't get your hopes up. It's a shot in the dark.

I understand why you might post something bad about the console design thread that I created. I honestly should have not created that thread. I will no longer post in it. This thread however, serves a purpose. The link you have does not discuss the link I gave. It only discusses voice actors for Shenmue III. You can correct me, if you like. I just do not appreciate someone who is trying to be rude who follows my every thread to see what they can post to make it unsuccessful. I hope you will understand and be reasonable about this.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:40:16 am by 3raser »

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 06:57:17 am »
3raser, Shenmue III is being discussed in the thread that crackdude posted. Read it thoroughly and you'll see that.

Crackdude isn't being an asshole. I'm quite sure of that. In any case, here's to a successful thread.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

3raser

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 07:27:32 am »
3raser, Shenmue III is being discussed in the thread that crackdude posted. Read it thoroughly and you'll see that.

Crackdude isn't being an... I'm quite sure of that. In any case, here's to a successful thread.

Crackdude was the only person that posted anything about a Shenmue III announcement in that thread. The link I gave was not being discussed in it whatsoever. Why debate rather to have two threads or not? It's not like the other is a sticky thread. Instead of everyone trying to start a debate, why can we not just use this thread for a simple Shenmue III topic? After all, it is quite different given the fact that it is not speaking of voice acting. I was speaking of Shenmue III as a more general term.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:29:22 am by 3raser »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 08:35:10 am »
What is there to say about Shenmue III? How it will probably never happen in our lifetime? :V

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 09:05:05 am »
Wow. Some of the people on here were being very rude to 3raser, even when 3raser tried to be kind to them. That's why I left sega forums. Too many rude people. Especially Clumsyorchid. Anyway, I still do not support Shenmue 3. I have to agree with TimmiT because if they wanted to make it, then they would have a long time ago. they already had the script for it when they were writing the first Shenmue.

3raser

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 09:09:13 am »
Wow. Some of the people on here were being very rude to 3raser, even when 3raser tried to be kind to them.

Thank you.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 10:18:00 am »
Wow. Some of the people on here were being very rude to 3raser, even when 3raser tried to be kind to them. .
Nobody was rude to 3raser. I just pointed out that the first link's content was already being discussed in another thread and gave my opinion. I'm not against the existance of this thread at all. I don't get 3raser's defensive attitude on this one really.

What an overall pointless discussion this is.
SEG4GES

3raser

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 10:49:33 am »
Nobody was rude to 3raser. I just pointed out that the first link's content was already being discussed in another thread and gave my opinion. I'm not against the existance of this thread at all. I don't get 3raser's defensive attitude on this one really.

What an overall pointless discussion this is.

You stated that you were not against this thread, then again you said it was pointless. I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Please stop posting useless arguments that do not make any sense anyway. I really hope you will not be hostile about this thread anymore. I just want this to be a Shenmue topic. Is that too much to ask?

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 11:13:33 am »
Alright guys lets try to steer this back on-topic...

Or at least to a topic less argumentative.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 04:53:36 pm by Ben »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 12:30:09 pm »
You stated that you were not against this thread, then again you said it was pointless. I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Please stop posting useless arguments that do not make any sense anyway. I really hope you will not be hostile about this thread anymore. I just want this to be a Shenmue topic. Is that too much to ask?
THIS discussion YOU are constantly feeding is pointless. Because THIS discussion has nothing to YOUR topic.

So either stop playing victim and talk about Shenmue or get the thread locked up and be a victim.
SEG4GES

3raser

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 10:04:12 pm »
THIS discussion YOU are constantly feeding is pointless. Because THIS discussion has nothing to YOUR topic.

So either stop playing victim and talk about Shenmue or get the thread locked up and be a victim.

I was attempting to talk about Shenmue this entire time. I'm sorry if you are angry with me. I was just trying to stay on topic, then every time that happened you would post how much you hated this thread. To finally start being ON-TOPIC, Shenmue III is an excellent idea. I think the creator has held off creating it for so long because he wants everyone to be in anticipation. If the script was already written, then why not make the game?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 10:09:07 pm by 3raser »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 05:31:37 am »
To finally start being ON-TOPIC, Shenmue III is an excellent idea. I think the creator has held off creating it for so long because he wants everyone to be in anticipation. If the script was already written, then why not make the game?

/thread

Actually, to be fair, a new Shenmue game now would probably cost about as much as a Yakuza game. Problem is that SEGA knows Yakuza games sell enough for them to make their money back, while for a new Shenmue game this isn't certain. Especially seeing how long it's been since the last Shenmue game.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:53:56 am by TimmiT »

3raser

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 06:16:31 am »

/thread

Actually, to be fair, a new Shenmue game now would probably cost about as much as a Yakuza game. Problem is that SEGA knows Yakuza games sell enough for them to make their money back, while for a new Shenmue game this isn't certain. Especially seeing how long it's been since the last Shenmue game.

That is very true. It's just that we have to keep in mind that a Shenmue game in the current era would be different than the Shenmue games in the past. The script had a better plot than the ones before, so at least classic Sega fans would want to buy it. The rest of the people who have not heard of Shenmue might think about it if the trailer and game case are both very appealing. At least most of the classic Sega fans would not be having debates about it any longer. They would all be glad it was released instead.