Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 236247 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #660 on: November 14, 2017, 03:39:54 pm »
That's 1991/2 . I don't want to play games that I played to death in the past and to be quite frank never were a match for Mario IV or Quackshot   I really love to see the Sonic series go back to Sonic Adv and use that style myself .

Sonic Mania to me, it what the Mega CD game should have been like, with full use of the ASIC chip. Back then, that would have been ace, but not for me today sorry.

Glad to know not everyone felt this way about it. I thought Mania was fantastic, the biggest sell for me was the nostalgia factor. Brought me back to playing Sonic for the first time when i was 3 years old in 91. Not sure why anyone wouldn't want to have that feeling again.

Forces on the other hand, fun, but forgettable overall.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #661 on: November 15, 2017, 02:07:46 am »
Brought me back to playing Sonic for the first time when i was 3 years old in 91.

And I was a teenager who already though even back in 1993 that Sonic was too simple and way overrated and Mario IV, Quackshot the much better games (though the Sonic games were fun) . I still have my MD and Mega CD even have the Sonic Jam I really don't need Mania to remind me of the classic Sonic I can just play them in their original form on the original hardware; that's not to show off or been cool, I've never sold off my launch SEGA Hardware and kept them all, long before this retro fad 

To put it into context, If SEGA made a new OutRun or Powerdrift game I want to it to use current tech and be in full 3D, rather than it to be made in a cool retro Sprite scaler look.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:14:38 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #662 on: November 17, 2017, 04:18:45 am »
Just something I edited for the Facebook group.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #663 on: November 17, 2017, 05:09:03 am »
Overrated doesn't mean a game is rubbish or bad. Case in point.. Sonic Adv II, not a bad game at all, but one that was vastly overrated at the time and was reviewed at the time when Sonic and Sonic Team had a lot a street cred.

Another game that was vastly overrated was Donkey Kong Country on the Snes and was very much like Sonic where people loved it more for its simple gameplay and ace gfx.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Berto

« Reply #664 on: March 01, 2018, 06:59:41 pm »

Offline Berto

« Reply #665 on: March 04, 2018, 08:44:03 pm »
I want to know how that Pocket Gamer dude has a job, seriously wtf. He's a god damn disgrace.

His job is not just as a writer / reviewer btw.
He's an EDITOR !

Glen Fox heads up Pocket Gamer as our new Editor
 http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Other...ws.asp?c=71540

Remember him ? Pocket Gamer Editor who gave Sonic Mania 6 of 10 and said this, ""Poor butt hurt Sega fans. Don't they realise that Nintendo is riding high on the Switch wave while Sega is hiring modders to make games for them now because they're so past it? And look at the embarrassing Sega Forever! I'd go so far as to say that anyone who likes Sonic is a moron."

Apparently, he's not an Editor on Pocket Gamer anymore.
He's now on ............. Nintendolife (one of my favorite gamesites, damn it).

"He insists on ignoring the best games so he can focus on finding the good in the universally loathed or ignored."

Yeah, sure Glen. I believe you.
I hope you'll find the good in the game you loathed too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2018, 02:42:23 pm »
Oh god, Nintendolife is getting worse and worse.