Author Topic: SEGA Forum Shutdown - Feb 2nd  (Read 3635 times)

Offline itsstillthinking1999

• Total Meseta: 0
SEGA Forum Shutdown - Feb 2nd
« on: January 31, 2018, 07:08:17 pm »
From the Meme man himself aaron webber

"Hi everyone,

The SEGA forums will be shutting down on Vbulletin as of this Friday, February 2nd. This will mark the end of our time using Vbulletin.

I know it's sudden, and probably a bit of a shock for many - but please know we do not intend for this to be the ultimate end of the SEGA forums, and hope to migrate the database to a new forum software someday in the future.

As plans for the future crystallize, I hope to share more news with you soon via Twitter. I can't give any more details at this point in time, but please be patient as we work behind-the-scenes to set things up. There will be a period of downtime between the current shutdown and our hopeful next evolution of the boards.

Thanks in advance for that patience, and thank you all for an amazing eight or so years on the Vbulletin boards. Change is necessary sometimes - and this is one of those times. With any luck, what comes next will be even better!

I'm sure you'll have many questions, so please feel free to ask in this thread, and I'll respond to as many as I can today.

Yours in all things SEGA, Sonic, and dessert,
 Aaron"

Its the end of a era for many of us :( here is hoping many new memories will be made soon
Dreamcast for life!

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
Re: SEGA Forum Shutdown - Feb 2nd
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 08:06:02 pm »
It sucks. The forum was becoming a hideout for so much spam and it got in the way of the General Sega section there. So it was time.

Will miss it. It was my go-to place to talk about video games in general.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 11:14:39 pm »
I'll miss is it as well, been on there consistently for over 13 years. A lot of us grew up on there, haha. Hope to see some familiar faces on here or Discord.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 01:18:38 pm »

Offline itsstillthinking1999

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 06:16:49 pm »
This to me was much like PSO in 2007 when the last servers shut down. However like PSO it will live once again when its relaunched
Dreamcast for life!