Author Topic: Sega Forever  (Read 21512 times)

Offline NiGHTSDrEAMS

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sega Forever
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 09:48:12 am »
They'd be crazy to do that. It's not really for me, but there's no point ignoring that it can make a lot of money and it has it's place. Sega have a rich history of arcade games and that of kind play style fits well with mobile gaming. Of course, I'd prefer they push these onto PC and console, but maybe down the road they will.

True that they can make money off mobile app's and that because they are a giant arcade gaming company but they should stay away from their classic library and focus on making specific games for mobile app's. When they keep pushing their old games (which believe me I dont have a problem with I can play them a million times and never get tired.) it gives off an image that SEGA can't come up with new ideas for games. But I 100% agree that they should stick to PC and console gaming, espically because they make majority of their money off the Total War games and Warhammer as well as FootBall Manger (PC games) <---- This is where their market is at!  :-D [size=78%]       [/size]

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 07:17:27 pm »

True that they can make money off mobile app's and that because they are a giant arcade gaming company but they should stay away from their classic library and focus on making specific games for mobile app's. When they keep pushing their old games (which believe me I dont have a problem with I can play them a million times and never get tired.) it gives off an image that SEGA can't come up with new ideas for games. But I 100% agree that they should stick to PC and console gaming, espically because they make majority of their money off the Total War games and Warhammer as well as FootBall Manger (PC games) <---- This is where their market is at!  :-D [size=78%]       [/size]

Sega can still churn out good games.  They just ran Sonic into the ground and ignored all of their other franchises hoping they'd be just fine.  It backfired and now they are giving their older IPs another shot. 
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2017, 05:32:54 am »
Sega can still churn out good games.  They just ran Sonic into the ground and ignored all of their other franchises hoping they'd be just fine.  It backfired and now they are giving their older IPs another shot. 
What timeline have you gone through?
SEG4GES

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 08:27:22 pm »
What timeline have you gone through?

The timeline where Christopher Walken rules the universe and string theory is a term only used to describe the effects of different cheeses.
Be like water.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 10:58:53 pm »
In case some of you didn't know...
The next SEGA Forever game is from a Dreamcast's game franchise.

Spoiler alert :
It's.....
Virtua Tennis Challenge :(

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 12:43:09 am »
In case some of you didn't know...
The next SEGA Forever game is from a Dreamcast's game franchise.

Spoiler alert :
It's.....

They need some good dreamcast titles, but Virtua Tennis is ok.  will it work with the controls though?  That's the real question. 
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2017, 02:45:15 am »
Why the long face? Virtua Tennis is amazing!
SEG4GES

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2017, 02:54:25 am »
Why the long face? Virtua Tennis is amazing!

Because it's not a new mobile game, it's already released years ago (just like Sonic 1) and I'm sure you guys already had it (at least... I had it).
It's just a re-branding old mobile game with SEGA Forever logo.

I could guess what's next SEGA Forever release after this : Re-branding of Chuchu Rocket, Crazy Taxi Classic, Jet Set Radio, Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Sonic 4 Ep I-II, and Super Monkey Ball 1-2-Sakura Edition.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:59:58 am by Berto »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2017, 05:34:09 am »
Well..yea. At first Sega will go through the games it has already done before. I'm sure other games will eventually come tho. Not in a rush
SEG4GES

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 09:13:03 am »
i don't care if Chu Chu Rocket is rebranded or not, that is the one I will probably play the most.  That or Columns or Sega Swirl.  Yeah remember Sega Swirl?  It was like Candy Crush before Candy Crush but without the microtransactions.  :p
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:29:41 am by Shun-Di »
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 11:42:58 am »
I can see Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Chu  Chu Rocket, Virtua Tennis and Crazy Taxi appearing soon. Mainly because there's versions of these games already out there on mobile.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 06:25:40 pm »
I can see Sonic 2, Sonic CD, Chu  Chu Rocket, Virtua Tennis and Crazy Taxi appearing soon. Mainly because there's versions of these games already out there on mobile.

Crazy Taxi is also available for free just like the 5 genesis games.
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 02:34:02 am »
I want my mobile SA2 tho
SEG4GES

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2017, 02:49:21 am »
I want my mobile SA2 tho

Same here.  Just look at how many people downloaded it off PSN.  :D  Money in the bank. 
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2017, 03:28:31 am »
I did. Then got it on steam as well..

Actually waiting for it to come on retrocompat for Xbox One
SEG4GES