Author Topic: Favorite SEGA Genesis Games!  (Read 28997 times)

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Favorite SEGA Genesis Games!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2017, 10:44:51 am »
Aladdin

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Phantasy Star 4

Landstalker

Gunstar Heroes

Revenge of Shinobi

So far that's what I've played...yet to explore more on Genesis. But its still an awesome system nonetheless.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2017, 05:18:18 pm »
No one mentioned Mortal Kombat? Maybe it's because it was not as good on the Genesis as it was on the SNES, but still worth playing.

Offline Asha

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2017, 11:00:55 pm »
No one mentioned Mortal Kombat? Maybe it's because it was not as good on the Genesis as it was on the SNES, but still worth playing.
To be honest, I think these games didn't age well. There's better fighting titles on both consoles.

By the way, everyone should play the Misadventures of Flink. It's a fun platformer and one of the prettiest Genesis games ever made.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2017, 02:32:27 am »
By the way, everyone should play the Misadventures of Flink. It's a fun platformer and one of the prettiest Genesis games ever made.

Yeah, I've played it. It's a solid platformer.
The thing is ... Misadventures of Flink was only released on Europe.
The North American version was being upgraded as a SEGA CD game, so the genesis version didn't exist.

Good : Misadventures of Flink's weakness was its music, too generic. On SEGA CD version, the music's been remade a lot lot lot better.
Bad : Limited fan base. SEGA CD's owners' only a small fraction of  Genesis owners.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2017, 02:04:26 pm »
Yeah, I've played it. It's a solid platformer.
The thing is ... Misadventures of Flink was only released on Europe.
The North American version was being upgraded as a SEGA CD game, so the genesis version didn't exist.

Good : Misadventures of Flink's weakness was its music, too generic. On SEGA CD version, the music's been remade a lot lot lot better.
Bad : Limited fan base. SEGA CD's owners' only a small fraction of  Genesis owners.

But there's alot of Sega CD games that are decent that I think everyone should play like Shining Force CD and Final Fight CD just to name a few.  :D  yes, not everyone owns a Sega CD and finding one sold seperately is a pain, most Genesis owners shouldn't be expected to buy another Genesis on top of paying for the CD add on.  I own 3 Genesis consoles and still a Sega CD (with Genesis included) cost 100 bucks.  I asked if I could get it seperate but nope.  I asked about a trade in for one of my model 2 Genesis consoles.  Nope.  I passed on getting a Sega CD and went straight to emulation instead.
Be like water.