Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown  (Read 7486 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »
[youtube:3gk1gn40]VG_MpIipsEE[/youtube:3gk1gn40]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:49:41 pm »
So this is basically what Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned was I assume?

So... How long before this comes to the home consoles? Will it ever come?  :cry:

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 10:53:50 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
So this is basically what Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned was I assume?

So... How long before this comes to the home consoles? Will it ever come?  :cry:

Shoryuken are already calling Sega Whores and Dream-killers, even though we haven't heard anything about the game apart from the trailer yet.

I personally think THIS is the reason we never got VF5R, why port that game, when they can wait a little longer and give us the superior VF5: Final Showdown?

Offline Robbie Rimes

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:27 am »
Subtitle should have been "Final Countdown", for obvious theme song and magic reasons. I am boycotting this game until a name change occurs.

Offline Snowcat

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 05:27:54 am »
Interesting.... :/ I doubt ill ever get to play it :'(

*goes back to VF5*

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 05:53:15 am »
Quote from: "Snowcat"

*goes back to VF5*

Why wouldn't you get to play it?

Geez, Sega ports every single Virtua Fighter game to console except for ONE and all of a sudden everyone thinks Sega is purposely with-holding VF from the world for shits and giggles...

Think about it, if Sega knew they were making this game, why would they port VF5R, only to have this game released soon after then either not port it and have the inferior version on console, OR port it and have everyone 'FUCK U SEGA Y R U MILKING THE SERIES!?'

Anyway, sorry Snowy, don't take that personally, I just get annoyed with people acting like Sega hates it's fans because one Virtua Fighter game didn't get ported.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 06:08:45 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Quote from: "Snowcat"

*goes back to VF5*

Why wouldn't you get to play it?

Geez, Sega ports every single Virtua Fighter game to console except for ONE and all of a sudden everyone thinks Sega is purposely with-holding VF from the world for shits and giggles...

Think about it, if Sega knew they were making this game, why would they port VF5R, only to have this game released soon after then either not port it and have the inferior version on console, OR port it and have everyone 'FUCK U SEGA Y R U MILKING THE SERIES!?'

Anyway, sorry Snowy, don't take that personally, I just get annoyed with people acting like Sega hates it's fans because one Virtua Fighter game didn't get ported.
ALot of users have been waiting for a new port to 'get it right'. First of all the PS3 port had no online, 360 port had it but was still missing 'extras' that people love in those console ports from arcades.

I think this is SEGA's time to get it right. Will they port it? They know fans want it, they have the characters on SASASAR and this announcement? I will not be shocked.  :afroman:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 07:44:19 am »
I want that weird black and white la la land in the trailer as a stage! It looks cool!
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 07:30:13 pm »
I'm not much into VF5, but I would like to. What are the differences between the Xbox version that's in stores now and this one?
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 07:45:34 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
I'm not much into VF5, but I would like to. What are the differences between the Xbox version that's in stores now and this one?

Short answer: A lot.

Longer answer: 2 more characters added in R (Jean and Taka), shitload of new stages, modifications to existing stages, lots and lots of new moves (including low wall specific throws) balancing changes, lots and lots of new costumes/items, and from the looks of Showdown, there will be some new juggle/combo mechanics. Also, lots more music.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. Basically it's pretty much a full sequel with R, Showdown should be even more new stuff.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 07:59:54 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Short answer: A lot.

Longer answer: 2 more characters added in R (Jean and Taka), shitload of new stages, modifications to existing stages, lots and lots of new moves (including low wall specific throws) balancing changes, lots and lots of new costumes/items, and from the looks of Showdown, there will be some new juggle/combo mechanics. Also, lots more music.

Thats about all I can think of at the moment. Basically it's pretty much a full sequel with R, Showdown should be even more new stuff.
You're actually getting me excited!
SEG4GES

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 05:59:25 pm »
Sega needs a good plan to release it on consoles again. It needs online mode on both versions(PS3&360), updates like they does on the arcade version, and whatever else.

But after the big fail that Tekken 6 was, I doubt Sega has any plans to bring VF to consoles again...

However, if there is any plan to release it on home consoles again, I hope they do it before the announcement of VF 6.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 06:27:31 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
Sega needs a good plan to release it on consoles again. It needs online mode on both versions(PS3&360), updates like they does on the arcade version, and whatever else.

But after the big fail that Tekken 6 was, I doubt Sega has any plans to bring VF to consoles again...

However, if there is any plan to release it on home consoles again, I hope they do it before the announcement of VF 6.

If they do port it, I have no doubt it would go to both PS3 and 360 with equal netcode and features, this isn't the beginning of the generation anymore, there would be no reason for them to not include netcode.

As for Tekken 6, don't forget that was probably hurt by the horrible netcode it had as well. and I thought I heard somewhere it shipped 2.5 million, even if it didn't sell all that hot.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 06:37:09 pm »
Bandai Namco shipped 2,5 millions copies and sold 200k... completely LOL!!!

Even in Japan, where Tekken 6 still having better sales on the arcades than VF5 the game failed huge on the consoles!!

Very good! I hope to see Bandai Namco going bankrupt soon!