Author Topic: Ryu ga Gotoku 4 NEW Trailer  (Read 19090 times)

Offline NiGHTS

• Total Meseta: 2
Ryu ga Gotoku 4 NEW Trailer
« on: February 19, 2010, 12:37:12 pm »
[youtube:phqs59hx]Jf1d_haG3Rk[/youtube:phqs59hx]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Ryu ga Gotoku 4 NEW Trailer
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 12:48:21 pm »
Ah, but can you assist store owners in straightening out their signs?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 12:49:09 pm »
Thank you you handsome Nightopian, you shall be rewarded gracefully for this kind act.

[spoiler:115emxxb]Yeeeah only getting a mention on the front page![/spoiler:115emxxb]

Offline east of eastside

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:12:27 pm »
fuck yeah.

take that space marine gamers.
 :|

Show Yakuza love and pick up a custom banner here:
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=313960

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:02:52 pm »
Quote from: "east of eastside"
fuck yeah.

Yeah take that! now you can all ignore this game and continue to play your space marine games while we do not get Yakuza 4! THAT'LL TEACH EM!
Made by SEGA

Offline east of eastside

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:34:02 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
fuck yeah.

Yeah take that! now you can all ignore this game and continue to play your space marine games while we do not get Yakuza 4! THAT'LL TEACH EM!

do you not think that stigmatizing a mainstream genre is a good tactic to encourage interest in a niche game? maybe not.

whatever helps sell the franchise..  I just thought some reverse psychology might entice those kind of on the fringe of interest, rather than alienate those who probably wouldn't buy, but I realize that is a gray area not easy to define.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 02:39:59 pm »
fuck yeah.

do you not think that stigmatizing a mainstream genre is a good tactic to encourage interest in a niche game? maybe not.

whatever helps sell the franchise..  I just thought some reverse psychology might entice those kind of on the fringe of interest, rather than alienate those who probably wouldn't buy, but I realize that is a gray area not easy to define.

But your preaching to the choir! Pretty much everyone here is interested in the Yakuza series to some degree!
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »
More games should let you bash peoples heads in one second and fondle a woman the next and change a diaper the next.

Of course in America if you mix any of these together you will go to jail, but this is Japan we are on about.

Offline east of eastside

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 03:51:04 pm »
But your preaching to the choir! Pretty much everyone here is interested in the Yakuza series to some degree!

I was going to put "preaching to the choir" somewhere in an alternate version of my response.  :lol:

There's nothing wrong with taking a jab at a mainstream genre that I hate that suppresses my beautiful little artistic game to a tiny little niche???  :mrgreen:

Let me ask you this...

In Bayonetta Chapter 6 (maybe 5, crap memory..) after she fights her "double" there is a Cherub statue wearing a halo and she comments:

"he's got a cute little halo, shows how seriously they take their religion around here."

I would guess you noticed that..  Is that not a direct jibe at mainstream gaming (space marine  :P ) in the form of an in-joke by the game creators?

Religion?  Equating gaming as a religion and space marine games as a heretical affront against them?

Now that is right in line with my thinking and from the very game creators themselves, my friend.  :mrgreen:

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 02:27:30 am »

Not me , The Yakuza series is fast running out of idea's , and is getting boring and tired , I thought Yakuza III was a massive setp backwards .
 I've seen nothing new in Yakuza IV , and only doing what Shenmue did over 10 years ago - Lets put in Weather effects , let take to the roof tops  :shock:
SEGA will fast kill of the Yakuza Team , you can not do FIFA style yearly updates for what is in-effect a  30+ RPG.  Its a sure fire way to lead to staff leaving , lack of anything new to the series .

I wouldn't say too much , but the Yakuza Team and people like Masayoshi Kikuchi  are the real talent , when it comes to the consumer teams
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:08:14 am »

I hear you brother.

I like how they've introduced three new fighting styles with Kazuma to keep things a bit more fresh, the cop kid is probably going to be enjoyable a bit (Since his based completely on counters) and adding the depth to Tokyo in almost all areas is going to be a blast to play through. Going to be enjoyable to track down those thugs on the rooftops!

Just hoping Kazuma still appears a decent amount, going to want to crack some skulls with him, but then the big guy seems to have the more brutal heat move!

Offline Sharky

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:57:04 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"

Not me , The Yakuza series is fast running out of idea's , and is getting boring and tired , I thought Yakuza III was a massive setp backwards .
 I've seen nothing new in Yakuza IV , and only doing what Shenmue did over 10 years ago - Lets put in Weather effects , let take to the roof tops  :shock:
SEGA will fast kill of the Yakuza Team , you can not do FIFA style yearly updates for what is in-effect a  30+ RPG.  Its a sure fire way to lead to staff leaving , lack of anything new to the series .

I wouldn't say too much , but the Yakuza Team and people like Masayoshi Kikuchi  are the real talent , when it comes to the consumer teams

While I do agree the Yakuza series is going to be over milked if they don't make other games between sequals. It isnt a series I want to see end, I would much rather it took off in the West and we got one every 2 or 3 years.
Made by SEGA

Offline east of eastside

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 09:18:18 am »

Is there little chance Yakuza Team would work on Shenmue?  Does AM2 have a consumer division anymore?

While I do agree the Yakuza series is going to be over milked if they don't make other games between sequals. It isnt a series I want to see end, I would much rather it took off in the West and we got one every 2 or 3 years.

That the Yakuza engine be modified and Shenmue be the "other game in between" would be nice.. Any realistic chance of that?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 10:39:43 am »

In little over 5 years , we've had (well about too) 5 Yakuza games , that insane , when  each game is like a 20 to 30 + Hr RPG, and not even a single issue game like (FIFA) .
It's a sure fire way to limited new idea's , really improve the series , and kill the Staff/Team and see them leave SEGA. The staff working on The new Monkey Ball or VAL II have had more development time , its madness imo .
It's going the way of Sonic , even to the point of introducing new playable characters , in a effort to hide the lack of anything new.

I know its a great series for SEGA in terms of marketshare in Japan , but the Team got to be given 2 to 3 years development time , for each new Yakuza game .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 12:06:47 pm »

In little over 5 years , we've had (well about too) 5 Yakuza games , that insane , when  each game is like a 20 to 30 + Hr RPG, and not even a single issue game like (FIFA) .
It's a sure fire way to limited new idea's , really improve the series , and kill the Staff/Team and see them leave SEGA. The staff working on The new Monkey Ball or VAL II have had more development time , its madness imo .
It's going the way of Sonic , even to the point of introducing new playable characters , in a effort to hide the lack of anything new.

I know its a great series for SEGA in terms of marketshare in Japan , but the Team got to be given 2 to 3 years development time , for each new Yakuza game .

I agree, I would like to see at least 1 game released from that team between each Yakuza release... Maybe Nagoshis so called 'western game' he talks about every so often but never shows will be that game to  punctuate the Yakuza releases.

East of Eastside, no, I think its unlikely and I would not be very happy with it. For Shenmue, AM2 or nothing.
Made by SEGA