Author Topic: AvP trailer in Predator Commercial break!  (Read 8053 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
AvP trailer in Predator Commercial break!
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:37:30 am »
So last night the movie Predator came on TV and I thought to myself... 'This should be good for AvP sales!' Well low and behold half way though the movie a commercial break comes on.

It started with the Channel 4 logo seen though the heat vision of the Predator, then it says something like 'Now Channel 4 presents the most horrifying battle ever seen in a videogame' (honestly kind of missed that bit but it was along those lines) and then it showed a 1 minuite plus trailer of the AvP game.

It was a trailer that has released before on the internet, the 'Huter, Survivor, Prey' trailer...

Just thought it was really suprising... You rarely see commercials in the UK that last that long even for upcoming movies.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: AvP trailer in Predator Commercial break!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:46:19 am »
It took the number one, three and seventh spot in the UK charts for the 360, PS3 and PC version respectively. Something is working at least!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:31:05 am »
Fastest selling game of the year, says SEGA.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:42:52 am »
Wow.

I am sure SEGA thought it would be a great selling game, but not at that speed. The UK chart also had a heavy presence of SEGA games too, all three versions of AvP, both version of Mario & Sonic 2, both versions of Bayonetta, both versions of the actual Winter Olympics games and the PC version of Football Manager.

Wonder if AvP is going to be number one next week, only has to worry about SARS.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 05:57:50 am »
SEGA tweeted me back, when I asked if fastest selling was UK only and they said they were pretty sure its UK only.

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 09:49:58 am »
I hope this makes Sega realise that marketing a game= sales.

I'm sure when SASAR flops or does poorly they'll get the message.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 09:51:51 am »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
You're joking right?

Sega Racing is going to sell a shitton.
Made by SEGA

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 11:46:43 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
You're joking right?

I really hope so, I just have a sinking feeling when it comes to how well it will sell.
I don't think i've seen any ads on tv, none of my friends have heard of it and I don't think it's been covered nearly as much as other Feb releases.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 11:57:19 am »
You're joking right?

I really hope so, I just have a sinking feeling when it comes to how well it will sell.
I don't think i've seen any ads on tv, none of my friends have heard of it and I don't think it's been covered nearly as much as other Feb releases.
It's been the 2nd most downloaded demo on XBLA since the demo released, infact only 2 days ago was it pushed to 3rd by EAs ModernWarfare clone...

(AvP has been No.1 since it released)
Made by SEGA

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:05 pm »
Oh right!

I stand corrected!

Although Modern Warfare clone is horrendously innacurate for BFBC2.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 02:29:03 pm »
I hope this makes Sega realise that marketing a game= sales.

What are you, joking? A Sega Tennis game sold about two million copies before the pack in happened.

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 04:29:28 am »
Didn't this get discussed on the previous page?

2m is really good across 4 platforms for a tennis game.

At least I can only be pleasantly surprised by the sales when it comes out.

Offline ROJM_old

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:10 am »
So last night the movie Predator came on TV and I thought to myself... 'This should be good for AvP sales!' Well low and behold half way though the movie a commercial break comes on.

It started with the Channel 4 logo seen though the heat vision of the Predator, then it says something like 'Now Channel 4 presents the most horrifying battle ever seen in a videogame' (honestly kind of missed that bit but it was along those lines) and then it showed a 1 minuite plus trailer of the AvP game.

It was a trailer that has released before on the internet, the 'Huter, Survivor, Prey' trailer...

Just thought it was really suprising... You rarely see commercials in the UK that last that long even for upcoming movies.

Yeah they did it with Aliens on film4 last week too and that was on twice last week. They also showed the advert when the Accused was on. I suggest when they show Black Rain again on that channel they schedule the Yakuza 3 advert with it. They should of done this with Madworld and showed it on itv4 when they were showing the warriors and escape from new york instead of showing it nonstop in the middle of Smallville on e4 whose audience wouldn't "get" the game.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 04:56:16 am »
Quote from: "ROJM"

Yeah they did it with Aliens on film4 last week too and that was on twice last week. They also showed the advert when the Accused was on. I suggest when they show Black Rain again on that channel they schedule the Yakuza 3 advert with it. They should of done this with Madworld and showed it on itv4 when they were showing the warriors and escape from new york instead of showing it nonstop in the middle of Smallville on e4 whose audience wouldn't "get" the game.

That was some great advertising... It is a shame they werent smarter with MadWorld, or Bayonetta for that matter.
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM_old

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »
Its not too late with Bayonetta. since your buds with Sega now maybe you should suggest they advertise that game on the men and motors and ITV4 channels or whenever there's an action flick on. Same with HOTDOK when there were horror movies on.