Author Topic: Darkstalkers/Vampire 4 in the works.  (Read 2918 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Darkstalkers/Vampire 4 in the works.
« on: March 05, 2012, 09:50:29 am »
It looks like we'll be seeing a new title in the Darkstalkers/Vampire series pretty soon. From what I've read, it's been in development since last year, and it's being headed up by Yoshinori Ono (producer of Street Fighter IV).

I really enjoyed Vampire Chronicle on the Dreamcast, so I can't wait to see how this new entry turns out.

source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-05-darkstalkers-4-in-development-since-last-year-report

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Darkstalkers/Vampire 4 in the works.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:25:52 pm »
I've never really played much of the old DS/VS games, but I've heard nothing but great things. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how this pans out, I wouldn't mind getting into it. Hopefully they release Vampire Saviour (or whichever is the latest/best one) on PSN/XBLA before this hits too!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:31 pm »
I think they're releasing the PSOne version on the PSN as a PSOne Classic pretty soon. The PSP has a port of Vampire Chronicle called Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower.  You can download it off the PSN for cheap if you have a PSP or Vita.  It has all the characters from the series, and you can switch between the different gameplay modes of the first 3 games.  So it's essentially a collection of the entire series done up as a single game.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:58:31 pm »
Aaah, how I remember good ol'Night Warriors on the SEGA Saturn!

It's interesting because I do beleive that one of Capcom's headhonchos made the claim that converting these titles to 2D/3D style would be hard to do, since the Darkstalker characters undergo several transformations and such aren't too easy to with SF IV's engine... or so I've been told.

Still, if they go for classic 2D, they need to take a good long look at Skullgirls because that's how you should do a revamped 2D Darkstalkers game.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 08:26:54 am »
@Max_cady:
I'm pretty sure I read in one of the articles that they'll be using the same 3D engine as Street Fighter X Tekken.
I don't know that it would be much harder to pull off graphically than something like Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:06:09 pm »
I've never played any of the Darkstalkers games myself, but I do love playing as Morrigan and Hisen-Ko in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so I'm sure I'd pick it up if it came out!  :)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 08:03:04 am »
@CosmicCastaway:
The werewolf is pretty great too.