Author Topic: Sonic 2 HD alpha demo.  (Read 3915 times)

Offline stevetheman90

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Welcome to the 'Fantasy Zone'! Get Ready!
Sonic 2 HD alpha demo.
« on: March 29, 2012, 03:10:10 pm »
So, I downloaded the game to my CPU and thought it was fun and nostalgic. It contains Well designed graphics and fun animation. Any one else like it or did any one hate it?   

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sonic 2 HD alpha demo.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 03:52:10 pm »
Can't play it, I'm a Macintosh. But I did watch the video. Very pretty, I like how it looks like the old Sonic art come to life complete with sharp edges and airbrushed looking colors.

However, I fear that the game will bring out a lot of bitching towards SEGA. I hope people can just enjoy the fan effort and not turn it into a "LOLZ SEGA failed but this is epic! SEGA should hire fanz!"

Because, to be honest the physics, character designs and stage layouts are 100% SEGA made. Even the art and music which is brand new, is based on existing art and music. Fans just replicated it. They did a great jog in doing so, but in the end its a copy. Just hope fans remember that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 03:57:58 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline stevetheman90

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Welcome to the 'Fantasy Zone'! Get Ready!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:19:57 pm »
I agree it should be taken as face value as a fan made game. It is free as well. Similar but off topic nice post on the main page its kool to hear "Starlight Zone" on the sax!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:28:16 pm by stevetheman90 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:37:57 pm »
Thanks! I'll pass your comments on to the band!

On the topic of Sonic 2 HD, great read on how shitty the development is and how we'll probably never ever see a completed game: http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/03/guest-editorial-in-which-i-rain-on-the-sonic-2-hd-parade/#more-7373

In the time they spent to make one zone, Sonic Team could make two full Genesis titles.

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:24 am »
"LOLZ SEGA failed but this is epic! SEGA should hire fanz!"

I agree with Barry SEGA should hire fans! ;D.

What I like about the Sonic 2 HD alpha Demo is that it brings me back from when i was a kid watching my brother play all the time. Also its kool to see a old game get updated like that. They should do this with more SEGA games.        "Shenmue" :P

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 07:27:48 am »
Problem is it took them over two years just to make this one demo. I think fans who make stuff like this are talented, but they often lack what is needed to work in a work environment. Thus why they would never work well at a company like SEGA. Deadlines and upper management would be the death of them.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 10:17:12 am »
Not to mention, you can't really have an ego if your going to work under others in a corporate environment, which was apparently a problem with one of the primary coders on this project.

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 12:31:08 pm »
Yea I can see your point there, your right. I think SEGA dose a good job making their fans happy anyways.  :D

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 05:43:22 pm »
Can't play it, I'm a Macintosh.

You can use something like Parallels Desktop to run Windows and play it :)
SEG4GES