Author Topic: Yakuza 5 heading West.  (Read 23519 times)

Offline Jumbomax

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
Re: Yakuza 5 heading West.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 07:41:17 pm »
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!! So excited!

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 08:35:11 pm »
Seems like were back on we were before, the samurai spin-off is ignored :-(

Sony should of stepped in for a partnership way back in 2008 for Kenzan.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 03:39:45 am »
So a NeoGAF member posted this from the PR contact list from Sony's press site:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=142109689&postcount=689

Note the "Yakuza franchise (Y5 and Y0)".

He writes for Gematsu as Sal Romano. There was a later post in that same topic where he writes about Sega PR getting back to him and says "sorry that was a mistake blah blah" but...

=)
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 04:20:07 am »
He writes for Gematsu as Sal Romano. There was a later post in that same topic where he writes about Sega PR getting back to him and says "sorry that was a mistake blah blah" but...

=)

Mistake, ehh? We really gonna accept that? Hell no!!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 06:58:32 am »
Hell of a specific mistake to make!
Made by SEGA

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 07:07:16 am »
Well, they're not lying about it being a mistake. Obviously they didn't intend to announce it yet if Yakuza Zero really is being localized. :V

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 07:39:34 am »
It'd make sense for SEGA to start publishing Yakuza 0 after Yakuza 5 is out of the way. A lot of things that was holding that title from coming over (Biggest in series, Haruka dance segments, SEGA's restructuring issues.) isn't present in Yakuza 0. If they were happy enough from the sales of Yakuza 3 and 4, however little they might have been, than I don't see any reason why they wouldn't greenlight the sixth installment to be localised, especially after SEGA Sammy's recent comments that next generation consoles are doing favorably in the West.

I mean, it's not a foregone conclusion, they'd/Sony still would want to see some good sales from the fifth game but it's not as far fetched anymore.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2014, 08:05:26 am »
SEGA is listening. Never gave up hope!

Sony is listening.

Either way I'm excited for this. Would re-buy a PS3 if I'm not back home by the time it comes out.

Looked up the trailer, it's quite good. Comments never fail to be wonderful too:

« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:48:56 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 08:56:45 am »
So if Sony hadn't stepped in Y5 wouldn't get translated....and people are happy about this? Have to see how it sells..but this is similar to the BAY2 situation. Would the ones who can't read japanese ever have gotten to play it if they had to wait for Sega..and Sega alone?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 09:04:55 am »
So if Sony hadn't stepped in Y5 wouldn't get translated....and people are happy about this? Have to see how it sells..but this is similar to the BAY2 situation. Would the ones who can't read japanese ever have gotten to play it if they had to wait for Sega..and Sega alone?

We are fans of the game, so we don't care who translates it so long as we can play it. But I agree, we should be thanking Sony not Sega.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2014, 09:07:40 am »
We are fans of the game, so we don't care who translates it so long as we can play it. But I agree, we should be thanking Sony not Sega.
But i'm really talking about the next time..you all get Y5 ..yay..so what about the next YAKUZA game..what if Sony doesn't step in with that? And sega carries on doing what they have been doing? It means the situation hasn't really changed..or been addressed..

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2014, 10:03:23 am »

I don't think SEGA would have but I'd be interested to see how the deal went down.

Is Sony alone responsible for it? Did SEGA try to push Sony to be more active in promoting this franchise in the West as they are in Japan? What's Sony's profit split and what are their plans for the rest of the series? Is Yakuza 5 the only one they are looking to bring over or is SEGA looking to take responsibility for that once Yakuza 5 has been released? If this sells well do we get retail discs next time round? Is this just another title to beef up SEGA's digital revenues? So many questions.

Either way it's good to see the series has another chance, perhaps it's last one. Hopefully it gets some good marketing behind it now that Sony is more involved.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 11:09:44 am »
I think it's great.  Sony's brand is much stronger than Sega's these days, especially in the west.  The game might even do better this way. 

Offline Trippled

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 11:23:04 am »
In the beginning of SEGA 3rd party life, we saw the console holders supporting SEGA, then we had Sammy backing things, but then they also backed out. Come on Nagoshi, remove your pride and let Sony help you in the west!

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 11:40:41 am »
Honestly i'm just as grateful towards sony as I was towards nintendo with bayo 2. I can finally enjoy a new yakuza game. I played 3 and 4 straight after each other but  felt fatigued at the end of 4 tbh. But after such a long break I couldnt be more excited! Hope Sony does this for 0 as well. Not sure if ishin is still gonna be localized since reception wasnt that great for the game from what i've read