Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 238509 times)

Offline segafan1984

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #60 on: January 01, 2016, 08:17:03 pm »
An anniversary should be a time for celebration, but all I see is fear and desperation for Sonic's future. I can't be the only person that get's that impression. I know several people that are clinging onto Sonic's 25th anniversary in hopes that Sonic can make a comeback after how rocky things got in recent years.

I think people are getting tired of Sonic Boom at this point. I think a lot of them want either C.Sonic or M.Sonic back and they're clinging onto the 25th anniversary game in hopes for the next main series title (we know that Fire and Ice is also coming out but it will be greatly overshadowed by the anniversary game)..

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2016, 10:43:06 am »
I'm not a fan of Boom as I've said before. The character designs are just bad and although it's harmless fun, I don't particularly like how the TV show has turned everything into a comedy.

Boom is targeted at little kids and that's all. This, I feel, is a silly move by SEGA. Surely making a strong title like Sonic for everyone would be better?

Even if the 25th isn't that good, I don't think I fear for its future as such. I just wish SEGA would stop messing around where it isn't needed and changed what did.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2016, 10:45:51 am »
Im not sure if Fire and Ice is gonna do well for the 3DS. The audience that watches the tv show is I imagine kinda young. A mobile game like sonic dash 2 suits a lot better for them.

Personally im not interested in that game at all. Even if it ends up being a fun game to play, im not sure if i wanna play a sonic boom game. Sure i'll watch a few episodes, but ive got no connection with the series whatsoever.. This is just me, but I feel like they may have made an estimation error. A regular looking sonic game would get a lot more interest on a platform with enthousiasts. Its kind of sad really. The only 2d sonic game the 3DS got is that average 3DS version of sonic generation. Every other nintendo handheld got decent games in comparison. Wish they would just go back to making things like the sonic advance games but then in 2.5D

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2016, 12:59:55 pm »
I'm not a fan of Boom as I've said before. The character designs are just bad and although it's harmless fun, I don't particularly like how the TV show has turned everything into a comedy.

Boom is targeted at little kids and that's all. This, I feel, is a silly move by SEGA. Surely making a strong title like Sonic for everyone would be better?

Even if the 25th isn't that good, I don't think I fear for its future as such. I just wish SEGA would stop messing around where it isn't needed and changed what did.

because the games have been slipping in sales and public interest waning over the years.  Boom is a smart attempt to tap into a huge market of kids sitting at home who have no idea who the character even is.  It's just a shame the game tie ins were so terrible. 

Offline Tad

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2016, 01:13:10 pm »
I wouldn't say it's a smart move as such. If they wanted to start afresh with Sonic, they didn't need to force a half hearted soft reboot. They could have just relaunched Sonic with new life in a tv show and better games.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Boom more of a SoA idea anyway?

Seems like SoJ/Sonic team are just ignoring it. It's been a while since I've agreed with SoJ *jumps to cover*
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:18:05 pm by Tad »

Offline segafan1984

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2016, 01:45:53 pm »
I don't think they're ignoring it. They're just not pushing it as much as SoA.
Also, personally I don't mind the Boom designs that much anymore as long the designs are not permanent. Amy, Shadow, and Tails looks pretty much the same. Sonic is okay (it looks better then what we would've had if they used one of the earlier designs). It looks almost like his modern self but with blue arms, a brown scarf and sports tape. Eggman has the best design, and Knuckles has the most drastic design out of all the characters.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:53:32 pm by segafan1984 »

Offline Tad

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2016, 02:03:34 pm »
Yeah, but most of it is pointless. The sports tape just looks dumb too. Why? Just why?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2016, 02:18:05 pm »
Johnny confirmed Crush 40 is writing songs for the 25th anniversry game. Well there goes that classic theme people were assuming

he says "Might" but surely something like songs was decided on a long time ago and he just doesn't want to be the one spilling the beans officially.

https://twitter.com/MykonosFan/status/683379237282168832

Offline segafan1984

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2016, 02:22:19 pm »
I'm happy with either an 2D 'classic' theme game or full 3D game.  :) 

Offline Tad

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2016, 02:31:06 pm »
Johnny confirmed Crush 40 is writing songs for the 25th anniversry game. Well there goes that classic theme people were assuming

he says "Might" but surely something like songs was decided on a long time ago and he just doesn't want to be the one spilling the beans officially.

Good to hear. Crush 40 do a great job at setting the tone.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2016, 02:32:20 pm »

Might gives me the feeling that their contribution would be very small then. Since the game has probably been in development for a while. Unless music is usually done in the final stage.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2016, 02:35:04 pm »
I don't know why people are surprised that a Sonic cartoon is different from the mainland series. This has always been the case since the conception of Sonic the Hedgehog. For example those Saturday morning cartoons they had when we grew up where not like the games, it had different characters and all that. Sure the designs where still Sonic, but it was its own universe. Move forward and so did Sonic X. The only difference is this time they allowed SOA to make games based on these properties and they failed.

If those games didn't come out, I'm sure no one would care like they didn't care about Sonic X. Lets be honest, the Sonic Boom TV show is better than Sonic X.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »
Might gives me the feeling that their contribution would be very small then. Since the game has probably been in development for a while. Unless music is usually done in the final stage.

Music is usually decided on early on as it sets the tone of a game. I think Johnny is just teasing/not wanting to spill the beans.

I mean SEGA did announce a Sonic Adventure music concert, Crush 40 obviously going to play a big role in the 25th anniversary game.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2016, 02:48:00 pm »
I don't mind Crush 40, whatever, but I kinda want a new group to take over the Sonic music and have them debut on this. But we shall see. Its all about the finished product in the end.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2016, 02:54:30 pm »
Music is usually decided on early on as it sets the tone of a game. I think Johnny is just teasing/not wanting to spill the beans.

I mean SEGA did announce a Sonic Adventure music concert, Crush 40 obviously going to play a big role in the 25th anniversary game.
Thanks for the clarification.

I don't mind Crush 40, whatever, but I kinda want a new group to take over the Sonic music and have them debut on this. But we shall see. Its all about the finished product in the end.
Tomoya ohtani has played a major role in all recent games. Im pretty confident he will be in this latest game too. He's also done a much better job than crush 40 in capturing that sonic music sound.