Author Topic: SEGA reveals Daytona 3 Championship USA for arcades!  (Read 30311 times)

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: SEGA reveals Daytona 3 Championship USA for arcades!
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 03:12:49 pm »
*It's bad because it's good*

Retard 101 by Team Andromeda.

Aren't you the one that shits on Yakuza on a daily basis and then says that Assassin's Creed is the shit? That is some grade A terrible taste.

The game is looking pretty legit for a Daytona USA and on the arcade first and foremost at that. All the steps in all the right directions. No one's settling, you're not speaking for anyone here.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 03:32:26 pm »
LOL, maybe it's because not everyone is a joyless, cynical, burnt-out stick in the mud. At least we can count on you to come shambling in to try and throw a ratty old wet blanket on the forum. Oh, it'll be a nice arcade game - what a disappointment?

It's not Am#2 and it's not even Sega Japan . It's not the Daytona USA most would be hoping for . You lot in the end will see who's right  it be a nice game its own right like Daytona CCE but just like that game it not be the Daytona USA game people were hoping for . Just like Sega Rally 3 wasn't and isn't the Rally sequel many had hoped for .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 03:43:23 pm »
*It's bad because it's good*

Aren't you the one that shits on Yakuza on a daily basis and then says that Assassin's Creed is the shit? That is some grade A terrible taste.

The game is looking pretty legit for a Daytona USA and on the arcade first and foremost at that. All the steps in all the right directions. No one's settling, you're not speaking for anyone here.

I don't call Yakuza sh8t I just say its more of the same and how the Team and the game needs more time because like AS and COD the yearly sequels are making the series a bit stale (and the COD and AS teams have 3 or more team given 2+ years for their updates) .

You seem to miss the point about it being legit . Sega Rally III was legit , but it wasn't AM#3 or SEGA Japan and its showed in the gameplay it didn't feel or play like SOJ Arcade Rally game  . The House of the Dead: Overkill wasn't AM#1 or SEGA Japan and its showed . They maybe good games, but fans of the series really want to the original teams and SOJ to be produced the sequels instead of being outsourced to a Western studio.

One needs to be really careful when working with classic SOJ IP and sadly its not AM#2 or Makoto Osaki-san project which most Daytona USA fans would really be hoping for   
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »
It's not the Daytona USA most would be hoping for .

Note that TA's nickname for himself is "most". :D Actually I think most of us don't expect the same staff from 20+ years ago to still be in place, in the same positions.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 04:08:32 pm »
Note that TA's nickname for himself is "most". :D Actually I think most of us don't expect the same staff from 20+ years ago to still be in place, in the same positions.

I rather see the same 'studio' make the games and the AM#2 team would be the ones that I like to see make the true sequel to Daytona . Yes there's great staff in SEGA Amusements, but I would rather AM#2 make a sequel to Virtua Fighter than for it to be outsourced to SEGA Amusements to make.

It's be a nice game but so was Grid and Rally III , but it will not be the Daytona USA the SEGA die-hards would be hoping for (think Daytona USA CE)  . SOJ involvement with this game is little more than IP rights, access to old source code and helping with the music. 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Centrale

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2016, 05:46:59 pm »
It's be a nice game but so was Grid and Rally III , but it will not be the Daytona USA the SEGA die-hards would be hoping for

The Sega Die-Hards, huh? I'm just about sick of you insinuating that you're more of a "real" Sega fan than anyone else. Frankly you drive the level of discourse down around here.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2016, 11:31:44 pm »
The Sega Die-Hards, huh? I'm just about sick of you insinuating that you're more of a "real" Sega fan than anyone else. Frankly you drive the level of discourse down around here.

If people want to make out they're bigger fans that's up to them (and I sort of get sick of because you aren't jumping and down with joy and screaming from the roof tops for some SEGA games you can't possible be a fan or like the corp)

You will always get fans wanting the original studio to be making the game just like the Shinning Force die-hards who only want Camelot to make the games  (which I'm not one of)  I wouldn't say too much but even on this site you had people like Barry looking for the AM#2 logo;It's important to some fans of classic IP that the original studio is behind the game, while to others its not a big of a deal.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 11:43:39 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2016, 12:52:22 am »
Meh, if things really are as claimed by TA: not AM#2 involvement, relative if not almost zero participation of SEGA Japan etc., I cannot but agree with him (things that happens practically always) and see dampened my enthusiasm about the game.

Moreover, also just I had viewed the teaser trailer, after the initial excitement for the start of the song, the first doubts I had already arisen, not so much for the graphic quality, it seems to me, however, not outstanding, but because of the feeling of speed and related playability.

Anyway if one wants to find a title in which have put hands members of the AM#2 team, in addition to the games already available, can wait for the mobile RPG https://zero.soulreverse.jp/, sadly.

For what concerns Daytona 3, hopefully still be a good game, though developed in the west.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2016, 09:40:49 am »
8 minute cam footage via Arcade Heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Agyk42QNg

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2016, 10:15:53 am »
I don't care who developed it, it looks great. It has the right asthetic, birght and arcadey and the gameplay looks a faithful recreation of Daytona 1... My only concern is the lack of H-gear on the cab...
Made by SEGA

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »
Mmh..., actually after have seen the gameplay footage the game seems promising to me, in every way.

Having said that, I understand, however, the thought of TA, in fact even I for at least a decade I experienced the same feeling of "torment" about the gradual downsizing of the R&D departments of SEGA Japan. Now, I've come to terms with that and I try to take what good comes and enjoy it, but there is always a small woodworm in the mind.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2016, 11:43:26 pm »
Mmh..., actually after have seen the gameplay footage the game seems promising to me, in every way.

People need to know that being disappointed that AM#2 are not behind the game, does not mean that makes this Daytona  rubbish. SEGA Rally III was a nice game , but the purist would also hope that it was SEGA Japan behind the game, same here 
If another team other than Sports Interactive  was to make Football Manager then the die hard fans wouldn't like it as Edios found out to their cost . To some of the die hards it matters that the original studio is behind the game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2016, 01:17:44 am »

Having said that, I understand, however, the thought of TA, in fact even I for at least a decade I experienced the same feeling of "torment" about the gradual downsizing of the R&D departments of SEGA Japan.

AM2's "Soul Reverse" mobile/arcade project could take as much resource (maybe more) than this Daytona game. It's how it is these days

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2016, 10:07:23 am »
The teaser is cool, but the footage from the event itself looks awesome. High framerate, shiny cars. I gotta disagree with those on NeoGAF who say that 90s Arcade Racer is more of a Daytona sequel than this. TBH, I find 90's Arcade Racer to be a bit more like Cruisin' and Midway racers in that it is over the top overly designed in its aesthetics. Daytona has always felt a bit more dialed back and "stark" in the sense that you see a lot of the sky and not much on the horizon aside from some buildings, hills and crowds. Daytona does have moments of crazy design elements, like Sonic carved into a cliff and the slot machine, but overall I never thought of Daytona as that over the top franchise when it comes to environment design.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2016, 10:29:10 am »
DA-Y-TO-NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SEG4GES