Poll

Would you like Toshiba to merge with Sega?

Yes
4 (40%)
No
4 (40%)
Maybe
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 30, 2013, 11:30:46 pm

Author Topic: Toshiba!  (Read 42617 times)

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Toshiba!
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 11:32:56 am »
You are really just basing this on your own assumption no? What stops Sony from purchasing SEGA? Nintendo? Microsoft? Apple? It really just comes to your average run of the mill "I think X should purchase SEGA and release a new console/return them to their former glory!"

SEGA fans supporting an idea does not make it a viable platform or else we would have Shenmue 3, Skies of Arcadia 2 and a whole host of other titles. Then we come onto SEGA's "quality" issue, they released close to 4 titles that would be consider GOTY last year, 7 if you really enjoyed all their output. So why the need to merge with Toshiba?

any other company would not be as good for sega. toshiba would help out alot because they have links to japan and the us just like sega.

3raser

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 04:18:02 pm »
In this case I don't think it's such a bad thing, I mean in terms of not taking rumours seriously.

Toshiba...that's a name I haven't heard in awhile...what are their finances like since I haven't seen a TV from them in about 7 years. D:

Their finances are almost better than Sony and Nintendo's combined.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:20 am »
Their finances are almost better than Sony and Nintendo's combined.

nat really. they are better than both but not combined. sony has alot more than nintendo. you were right when you said that sony was competing with toshiba though.

3raser

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 03:10:33 pm »
nat really. they are better than both but not combined. sony has alot more than nintendo. you were right when you said that sony was competing with toshiba though.

True. I did say ALMOST. Not exactly. My point is that Toshiba has more money than Sony. They also have more money than Nintendo. If they were going to compete with the two, then they would only have to worry about Microsoft, but I'm not really speaking about a console. I'm speaking about Toshiba buying Sega to make PCs or maybe even publish games with them. It just sounded like a good idea to me.

3raser

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2013, 02:14:46 pm »
Bump

Offline pcm92

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2013, 02:19:14 pm »
wat more can be sed? u won the argyumint

3raser

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 02:20:31 pm »

*What
*said
*argument

3raser

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 02:21:17 pm »

A lot more can be said, but the reason I bumped it was because more people need to vote.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2013, 03:39:17 pm »
eraser i hope u realise that some of us here r not into eey sega console unfortunate there is to much deviation in the sega base such as sonic fans. id like this idea with freaking toshiba. but talking talking talking. but u see dear eraser we have talkes like this ever since dc stopped fabricating. and sega basically skipped a generation. and i cant tell u it might be the second generation skipping again

i hate it yeah allright?

but what ye gonna do
what ye wanna do?

nothing bro nothing bro
just to much bitch asses in the sega industry. i love sega ye know. and many games r the real deal. but when talking about taking initiative? well sega lost that long time ago

i greatly hope that all that i say bullshit( well it probably is the way i say it)
but i mean i hope u get the message.

3raser

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 04:19:35 pm »
eraser i hope u realise that some of us here r not into eey sega console unfortunate there is to much deviation in the sega base such as sonic fans. id like this idea with freaking toshiba. but talking talking talking. but u see dear eraser we have talkes like this ever since dc stopped fabricating. and sega basically skipped a generation. and i cant tell u it might be the second generation skipping again

i hate it yeah allright?

but what ye gonna do
what ye wanna do?

nothing bro nothing bro
just to much bitch asses in the sega industry. i love sega ye know. and many games r the real deal. but when talking about taking initiative? well sega lost that long time ago

i greatly hope that all that i say bullshit( well it probably is the way i say it)
but i mean i hope u get the message.

I'm not saying that there should be a new console. All I wanted for Toshiba to do is to make Sega sponsored laptops. If Toshiba buys Sega, then they can make better games. This thread is NOT a console discussion. At least it was not supposed to be. If you think Toshiba might buy Sega to make consoles, then you can comment that. It was just not intended as a console discussion whatsoever. I do not know why so many people thought it was.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 04:21:53 pm by 3raser »

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 05:11:14 pm »
I'm not saying that there should be a new console. All I wanted for Toshiba to do is to make Sega sponsored laptops. If Toshiba buys Sega, then they can make better games. This thread is NOT a console discussion. At least it was not supposed to be. If you think Toshiba might buy Sega to make consoles, then you can comment that. It was just not intended as a console discussion whatsoever. I do not know why so many people thought it was.

lol toshiba makes better games? i never heard of that..
whatta ya expect. sega is a console and the sega of now is a semi software company that might become a console again.

sega sponsored laptops?
well uhm there are sega note pc,s atm. nothing new there

pls dont go overhyped dude

lemme give u some logic

toshiba : hardware
sega nowadays : software

sega en toshiba is  console
sega en toshiba is pc

those are possibilitys in your starting thread. and if u dont understand why we talk about that. then u should v been more clear. cause it is misguiding

u misguided us

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2013, 06:18:54 pm »
SEG4GES

3raser

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2013, 07:38:54 pm »
lol toshiba makes better games? i never heard of that..
whatta ya expect. sega is a console and the sega of now is a semi software company that might become a console again.

sega sponsored laptops?
well uhm there are sega note pc,s atm. nothing new there

pls dont go overhyped dude

lemme give u some logic

toshiba : hardware
sega nowadays : software

sega en toshiba is  console
sega en toshiba is pc

those are possibilitys in your starting thread. and if u dont understand why we talk about that. then u should v been more clear. cause it is misguiding

u misguided us

I mentioned before that this thread was not originally intended for console discussion. I also said those comments are welcome too. That means I just wanted to know your opinion of Toshiba buying or merging with Sega. I had no idea that people would mention a console, but it's ok because if Toshiba buys or merges with Sega, then it is possible. Toshiba is competing with Sony. Why not? As long as you keep the topic about Toshiba and Sega, then that is what the thread is for.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2013, 03:08:15 am »
I mentioned before that this thread was not originally intended for console discussion. I also said those comments are welcome too. That means I just wanted to know your opinion of Toshiba buying or merging with Sega. I had no idea that people would mention a console, but it's ok because if Toshiba buys or merges with Sega, then it is possible. Toshiba is competing with Sony. Why not? As long as you keep the topic about Toshiba and Sega, then that is what the thread is for.

It's happening!

Toshiba noticed this thread and decided to release their new console. Day one buy for me.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/848JwQ1WHZo

Offline DJaw

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2013, 04:12:53 am »
toshiba can suckk big weener