Author Topic: Sonic Generations General Discussion  (Read 162398 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: Sonic Generations Chemical Plant Zone / Metal Sonic
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 10:06:08 am »
Yeah, I would love to hear Sonic Boom or this sweet little piece of music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_SooYyd5Z0

Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 10:56:48 am »
That Sonic Boom remix is... what is a polite word for - actually nevermind!

If he just played that for the event, then fine, but if that is in the game, then wow. Setting new lows here, and this is a post Sonic 06 fandom.

And who even made Sonic Boom? Spender Nilsen? It is Sonic's 20th, surely they can get him to come in to remake it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:58:26 am by Waffle »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 11:02:01 am »
@cosmic

Yeah I prefer the US version of stardust to the japanese as well. The US stardust speedway tracks are the only ones i prefer to the jap OST/

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 08:44:40 pm »
I am entirely sure it will be Radical Highway so they can use assets from City Escape they already made. Plus, it is the most iconic stuff with him.

I do not know why it is so unlikely about Shadow's game being represented. It was Iizuka's game and quality is not an issue, as they are obviously going to have Sonic 06 stuff in here too.

Anyways, I am really expecting Metal Sonic's race (really better be a race...) to use this song. I am okay with how it sounds, but I know a lot of you will not like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8wxZsYcno
Sanus, I have a funny feeling that they'll include this piece for this boss fight....... Damn.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 04:23:16 am »
It's been confimed that the Song was just for the event.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »
So is Chemical Plant located at Fukushima now? The background is a bit iffy. It also looks awful with Modern Sonic. I am sort of disappointed.

Tails' classic model is also the wrong colour and too artificial looking (like a plastic figure). I would have preferred they included an in-game model with it, as Sonic looks a lot different in CGI compared to in-game. Though it is not like you actually use Tails in the game, so it is not very important, just another misleading advertising gimmick.

Overall the classic content is looking alright, just slightly flawed, which is a big improvement. It is too bad the game is 90% non-classic content. Even being optimistic, I cannot care for it. For Sonic's 20th anniversary they should have made a full classic game like everyone expected with Sonic 4, not some weird remix that looks like a fan game in concept.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:49:58 pm by Waffle »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 02:50:03 pm »
So is Chemical Plant located at Fukushima now? The background is a bit iffy. It also looks awful with Modern Sonic. I am sort of disappointed.

I think it may have been made that way to let Stardust Bad future let fit in better as a Rival Boss for Chemical Plant.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 03:08:55 pm »
I think it may have been made that way to let Stardust Bad future let fit in better as a Rival Boss for Chemical Plant.

That is what I am thinking too, but I would rather Chemical Plant's art design not suffer due to it.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 04:02:48 pm »
I think stardust speedway is just for the boss stage against metal sonic as well. I mean all the screens from stardust have been with Metal sonic in them so yeah

Sadly, I can't be excited for this game yet. Chemical plant zone promoted rolling more than any other zone. Rolling was chemical plants signature. If they fixed that seriously it would save the whole classic gameplay because ever since i've played the demo I feel like i might enjoy the modern sonic gameplay more
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:20:47 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2011, 11:24:24 pm »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 12:01:47 am »
Awesome ezo :). Loving the screens. THis is exactly why I think sonic generations needed more t han just 3 classic sonic zones. What a shame

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 04:14:46 am »
Chemical Plant for Modern Sonic looks sooo good. :)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 05:00:56 am »

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 06:46:32 pm »
I cannot say I am DIGGIN' IT.

The background is simply not as fitting as the original. Why did they have to change it? It seems all moody and industrial like Scrap Brain Zone now. It would be like setting Green Hill Zone on fire or making Marble Zone on a sunny beach.

Sonic also is way too tiny looking compared to those badniks. Just look how huge they are. And that spider badnik would not even work right now.

In theory I would like to see the whole game as classic zones, but if this is what they are going to do to them... Maybe I would rather not.

To be positive, some stuff does look precisely how it should, but this is essentially a grand example of copy/paste, so I cannot give too much credit for that. I can trace other people's work too.