Author Topic: Shinobi 3DS - SEGA/Gryptonite Games  (Read 44549 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: Gryptonite Games making Shinobi 3DS?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, 08:40:12 pm »
I'm excited either way. I love the old Shinobi games as well as the PS2 style. (I actually only have Nightshade, I need to get Shinobi for the PS2!!!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, 08:42:10 pm »
^^
Shinobi was way better and much more challenging also it has better characters and Stage designs , go get it!

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, 08:57:26 pm »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
^^
Shinobi was way better and much more challenging also it has better characters and Stage designs , go get it!

I'm sure I would enjoy it as I love Nightshade. It's my favorite 3D ninja game. :mrgreen:
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2011, 12:07:41 am »
@ Aki: In The PS2 Shinobi, Joe still primarily uses Shurikens.
Hotsuma on the other hand uses Akujiki!

My excitement diminished as soon as I heard some random studio is making the game, but i'd still like a PS2 continuation.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2011, 12:16:55 am »
Wait, WHO THE FU*K IS Griptonite Games??!?!?
WHY IS MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE IS BEING REVIVED BY A MEDICORE TEAM?!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY

%#$@#$@#

Excuse me, but I cannot express my anger and disappointment properly ... Why do you outsource Shinobi to a western team to begin with?  And not just a western team, but one with a black track record? Don't they realize how long their fans have been waiting for a proper Shinobi game?

I'm pretty sure it will be garbage, even by the chance it plays good, it won't capture the style or essence of past Shinobi games.

I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Pao

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2011, 12:51:37 am »
I've calmed down, and took a look over their past projects, a lot of them look pretty terrible, but this one looks good.

[youtube:1wg6sgn7]EgqcaXGVCpI[/youtube:1wg6sgn7]

I'm still pretty pessimistic, but I'm going to wait till I see it before making a fuss.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011, 04:30:57 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
@ Aki: In The PS2 Shinobi, Joe still primarily uses Shurikens.
Hotsuma on the other hand uses Akujiki!

You act like I do not know anything about my favourite series.

You can use Joe, but it still does not rely on any sort of accuracy, as long as you know the direction the baddie is in, you will always hit them, this was not the case for the original Shinobi games thanks to no lock on.

Shinobi on the Playstation 2 is the Sonic Rush of the series, completely forgetting the core aspects that made the series big and as I said a complete bastardization of this great franchise.

Quote from: "Pao"
Wait, WHO THE FU*K IS Griptonite Games??!?!?
WHY IS MY FAVORITE FRANCHISE IS BEING REVIVED BY A MEDICORE TEAM?!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Because Simon still haunts us all!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011, 05:03:14 am »
They might surprise us yet. Fingers crossed.

Would also be nice to see a HD game, but if I'm to be realistic it'll be an action game like Bayonetta or something. I would still enjoy it, but it probably wouldn't be a 'true' shinobi game. I'm not all that well versed in the series to comment, but I can understand what Aki-at means.

I think we've had this discussion before where Sharky said Shinobi should have a deep combat system and Aki and Snaus was arguing it should be heavily weighted towards platforming and not combat.

Offline Pao

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011, 05:20:36 am »
I'm kind of hoping its like Sonic 4 situation where the art and music amongst other stuff was done in Sonic Team, while the actual development was outsourced to Dimps. (AFAIK)

EDIT: Part of the trailer was leaked, but it was cut before it shows anything:
[youtube:3vpcldj6]Ly200T_o41A[/youtube:3vpcldj6]

I don't like the word "re-imagined"  :|
Let's see...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2011, 05:35:56 am »
I am delighted to see the degeneration of the series from Shinobi 3 onwards continues! I am now fully expecting the main lead to be a cyborg ninja who has a slingshot in one hand that makes him swing around and shots rocket shurikens and battles aliens in an intergalatic space opera style setting.

Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I think we've had this discussion before where Sharky said Shinobi should have a deep combat system and Aki and Snaus was arguing it should be heavily weighted towards platforming and not combat.

Shinobi has been a run and gun platformer, so half right! Joe's preferred weapon of choice has always been a shuriken and not a sword (Infact impossible to get the good ending in one game without the use of a shuriken) so making a close combat engine will go completely against the core principles of the series, not that they did not start that with Shinobi on the Playstation 2.

As I say, do not bother to revive a series if you do not know what said series is about, as everyone has the same issue with Shining Force. Not that I expect many of our members to have played many Shinobi games (Or infact liked) outside of Shinobi 3.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 07:17:20 am »
The 2 Shinobi games I played on the MD didn't have run n gun.

A) You couldn't run in Revenge of Shinobi.
B) In Return of the Ninja Master, you couldn't throw a Shuriken when running as he would swing his sword instead.

So how are they run and gun?

Further more none of the games offered any aiming options, the old school games let you throw them in the direction you were looking and the recent games let you lock on.

A free aiming mode in my opinion isn't all that necessary.

I wish the official Shinobi website was still online, and I could've shown you comparison videos between ROS, Shinobi (2002).

This upcoming game is literally a bastardization of the series as his father is not making it. I am fine with the creators taking the series in a new direction, as long as it works and is true to the original spirit of the games and in my opinion they were true.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 07:19:47 am »
Sorry for the double post but how is the curse of Simon Jeffery still continuing, has this game been in development for 3 years or something cause he was sacked 2 years ago.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 07:23:19 am »
Foundation 9... same as Sumo.

LOL! I have seen the news and video. Not sure of what to expect, but I'm feeling it will be a cheap project, like Sega Allstars series developed by Sumo.

Recently, I have never seen any franchise from Sega doing good being made overseas. They always failed on ressurrecting every classic IP from Sega. Especially Sega of America. Completely FAIL!

-Samba de Amigo(Wii)
-Golden Axe(PS3)
-Altered Beast(GBA)
-Sega Rally(??)
-Alien Syndrome(PSP)
-After Burner(PSP)

Not sure about House of the Dead on Wii. Not sure also about Outrun and Crazy Taxi, but those ones were merely a port than a new title.

Sad to see they have ignored Kunoichi; this is my favorite title on the series AFTER Shinobi 2 on the Mega-Drive.

However I'm happy to see that Sega have not forget completely Shinobi series...

...and laughing a bit inside myself thinking about Sharky's and Aki's faces when it comes announced as a shit'n cheap game  :twisted: (my personal obscure and evil revenge about what Sega has done with the Shining series  :roll: )

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 07:26:36 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Sorry for the double post but how is the curse of Simon Jeffery still continuing, has this game been in development for 3 years or something cause he was sacked 2 years ago.

Well, if you count the Marvel licensed games, so yes, the deals made on Simon era still alive. Aliens games too.

Sega is probably continuing with the cheapest= fast money ones with new management.

Which site of Shinobi are you talking about? The PS2 one?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 07:35:22 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

My argument is that it can have both deep combat and platforming.  I stand by it...

At this point I want Sega to make great games that are profitable, when a Ninja game comes out people expect to use the Ninja to its fullest... That isn't just platforming and ninja stars... It's combat.
Made by SEGA