Author Topic: Shinobi 3DS - SEGA/Gryptonite Games  (Read 44536 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Gryptonite Games making Shinobi 3DS?
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 07:49:29 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
The 2 Shinobi games I played on the MD didn't have run n gun.

A) You couldn't run in Revenge of Shinobi.

You do not run in Contra either, you do not have to run to fall in the run and gun genre.

B) In Return of the Ninja Master, you couldn't throw a Shuriken when running as he would swing his sword instead.

That was a powerup.

So how are they run and gun?

Because you see, you go in any direction and you shot things with shurikens. It is a platform / run and gun hybrid.

Further more none of the games offered any aiming options, the old school games let you throw them in the direction you were looking and the recent games let you lock on.

A free aiming mode in my opinion isn't all that necessary.

Challenge, do you not know what it is? It's a key aspect that me, Pao, probably Sanus and whoever likes Shinobi enjoyed, taken away and replaced with a pansy auto aim mode, oh and they were dumb down say they do not cause damage, great idea.

But the fact you hold this opinion already tells me you're not much of a fan of the original games or just a casual gamer.

I wish the official Shinobi website was still online, and I could've shown you comparison videos between ROS, Shinobi (2002).

Again, you act like I have no vested interest in my favourite series. I play Revenge of Shinobi and Shinobi 3 weekly and even with those videos, the games feel too different to even feel like Shinobi. I could get some classic vibes going with Sonic Unleashed and Sonic 2, that does not mean that it is found throughout the game.

This upcoming game is literally a bastardization of the series as his father is not making it.

He already screwed over his own series, they are just finishing off the job.

I am fine with the creators taking the series in a new direction, as long as it works and is true to the original spirit of the games and in my opinion they were true.

If you honestly think Shinobi on the Playstation 2 was true to the spirit of the original Shinobi games then you're not really much of a fan or even bothered to play any Shinobi games prior to the move to Sony platforms.

Sorry for the double post but how is the curse of Simon Jeffery still continuing, has this game been in development for 3 years or something cause he was sacked 2 years ago.

It was a joke.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 07:56:22 am »
Wait a moment!!

Father of Shinobi... I think that Sega has never revealed who is the father of the series.

At least, I have never seen or heard anything about him.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 08:16:36 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"
...and laughing a bit inside myself thinking about Sharky's and Aki's faces when it comes announced as a shit'n cheap game  :twisted: (my personal obscure and evil revenge about what Sega has done with the Shining series  :roll: )

What makes you think I cannot deal with stuff I like becoming terrible. Unlike most people I have this wonderful ability called IGNORE!

You could do well with it too young Padawan.

Quote from: "Sharky"
At this point I want Sega to make great games that are profitable, when a Ninja game comes out people expect to use the Ninja to its fullest... That isn't just platforming and ninja stars... It's combat.

You would be wrong to think a good Shinobi game will not be profitable. If the game is good and it has a good marketing and critical acclaim, it will sell regardless.

And people expect all racing games to be simulators, same with sports games, that would be terrible if SEGA followed through with stuff like Outrun, Afterburner and Virtua Tennis.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 08:25:39 am »
Sorry! I love Shining too much to ignore it :afroman:

About Shinobi, was not Shadow Dancer considered Shinobi 2 in USA/Europe? What is that Shinobi 2 on the video???

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 08:31:54 am »
About Shinobi, was not Shadow Dancer considered Shinobi 2 in USA/Europe? What is that Shinobi 2 on the video???

The Shinobi 2 in the video is the second Game Gear game.

The game that was considered Shinobi 2 over here was Revenge of Shinobi, as it should be.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 08:37:40 am »
I agree with what Ryan just said, there is no reason why you can't have platforming, combat and shooting in one game.

I feel like making a Sonic Adventure 2 ref but I won't.

Also Storm I don't think Sharky or Aki are optimistic about this game at all, no body is getting excited I think we are cautious and at this point we are in disagreement of how Shinobi should continue.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 08:49:33 am »
I agree with what Ryan just said, there is no reason why you can't have platforming, combat and shooting in one game.

No one said that, Bayonetta accomplished two of those and probably the third in a sequel if we ever get one.

But that was not my point, why change a series and still call it the same series? It is like the Shining Force situation, there is no need to call it Shining anymore, just call it something else. It could still even be linked to the Shinobi games (Notice how we still have Shadow Dancer and Nightshade) but I see no reason to call it Shinobi.

Ah well, whatever will be will be.

Offline STORM!

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 08:50:51 am »
Now you have to give a timeline, Aki! I'm really confused...

Oh, I see cube. I'm just making some fun on Aki and baka-Sharky 8-)  8-)

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 08:57:27 am »
Now you have to give a timeline, Aki! I'm really confused...

It goes original Shinobi > Revenge of Shinobi > Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master > Shadow Dancer

However I am following the Japanese timeline, in the Western versions, Hayate is actually Joe Musashi itself so yeah. Ignore the storyline, like all old SEGA games that are not RPGs.

Oh, I see cube. I'm just making some fun on Aki and baka-Sharky 8-)  8-)

Well whatever the case is, Shinobi 3DS > Shining Hearts *smugface*

[spoiler:2n4lkihv]PS You do know I am a Shining series fan too right? Bowie and Sarah should have gotten together, stupid princess![/spoiler:2n4lkihv]

Offline STORM!

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 09:08:48 am »
Bakachin  :P  :P

Whatever, Shining Hearts is worse than Shining Wisdom ;p

Can you put the Japanese titles on it? Which Shinobi is the original Shinobi? Mega-Drive's Shinobi was not just Shinobi?

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 09:21:18 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I think we've had this discussion before where Sharky said Shinobi should have a deep combat system and Aki and Snaus was arguing it should be heavily weighted towards platforming and not combat.

My argument is that it can have both deep combat and platforming.  I stand by it...

At this point I want Sega to make great games that are profitable, when a Ninja game comes out people expect to use the Ninja to its fullest... That isn't just platforming and ninja stars... It's combat.
i don't mind deep combat either but at the same time they should stick with what makes Shinobi special, great platfroming sections with challenging system.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:24:45 am by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2011, 09:22:48 am »
Bakachin  :P  :P

Whatever, Shining Hearts is worse than Shining Wisdom ;p

Can you put the Japanese titles on it? Which Shinobi is the original Shinobi? Mega-Drive's Shinobi was not just Shinobi?

E és um japonês estúpido!

[spoiler:1ntxbl4w]PS. I hate Shining Wisdom too[/spoiler:1ntxbl4w]

And the timeline goes;

Shinobi - The original game in the arcade starring Joe Musashi

Shadow Dancer - Sequel to the original Shinobi game, however, the Mega Drive port has you playing Hayate Musashi, Joe's son, and set some twenty years in the future. So not a direct sequel.

Revenge of Shinobi - Known in Japan as The Super Shinobi, direct sequel to the original Shinobi game and set three years after the original.

Shinobi 3: Return of the Ninja Master - Known in Japan as The Super Shinobi 2, the final game to star Joe Musashi.

The rest I'd imagine follow a seperate timeline or I have no idea how they are. Some of the handheld games also follow Joe, like the Cyber Shinobi.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2011, 10:22:14 am »
People who are expecting an HD Shinobi from PlatinumGames coming alongside the 3DS one: Its not happening.

Kamiya clearly stated that he has no interest to make a Shinobi game, and will "NEVER" make one. Seeing on how they are already busy with Anarchy Reigns and Kamiya's next game, I doubt another team is working on a Shinobi game. Especially with them constantly speaking about the importance of new IPs.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 10:41:37 am »
Quote from: "Pao"
People who are expecting an HD Shinobi from PlatinumGames coming alongside the 3DS one: Its not happening.

Kamiya clearly stated that he has no interest to make a Shinobi game, and will "NEVER" make one. Seeing on how they are already busy with Anarchy Reigns and Kamiya's next game, I doubt another team is working on a Shinobi game. Especially with them constantly speaking about the importance of new IPs.

Well thats a shame... Anarchy Reigns is going to be a complete and utter flop, a waste of development time and money.

They should have put that effort into making a Shinobi game instead...
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 12:48:11 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I think we've had this discussion before where Sharky said Shinobi should have a deep combat system and Aki and Snaus was arguing it should be heavily weighted towards platforming and not combat.

My argument is that it can have both deep combat and platforming.  I stand by it...

Ninjas were stealth killers who would run around quietly in the dark trying to quickly kill their usually sleeping victims. They were only skilled in basic combat and really only knew how to poison food at the end of the day.

So, not combat.

In any event. I said I am not fully against close range combat in the series, I just strongly prefer it not be there. The Shinobi series is a trailblazer, it even created the run n gun genre, they should not give up on these roots. This is much bigger than no rolling in a Sonic game, and I am sure anyone who has played the majority of the series can understand that.