Author Topic: What if . . . Crazy Adventure?  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Dreampool

• Total Meseta: 0
What if . . . Crazy Adventure?
« on: December 16, 2016, 12:58:37 pm »
What if the next installment of Crazy Taxi included a "Story Mode", structured from the Sonic Adventure formula? This Story Mode (or Adventure Mode or Career Mode) would be structured with:

-Good cast of characters(varies)
-Different play styles(varies)
-The drivers would be tasked with different objectives; travel to different countries
-Each driver has their own point of view to tell the story, complete with an intro and outro.
-Their Stories intertwine
-End unlocked by clearing all other stories
- Their could a Light Side where you are a Taxi Driver and a Dark Side where you moonlight as a getaway driver for criminals
-Great music, courtesy of Jun Senoue/Crush 40

I'm curious to hear what you guys think on the matter: Would a "Story Mode" be a great addition to CT games or would it be a hindrance?

Personally, I think it would be a great addition to CT games. It will allow the fans a chance to get to know their cab drivers and as a result, expand the world of CT.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:17:38 pm by Dreampool »

Offline OriginalName

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What if . . . Crazy Adventure?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 08:55:09 pm »
No offense, but I think that as a concept the marketability and feasibility of a Crazy Taxi Adventure type of game expired around 2001. A family-friendly Grand Theft Auto-like from the franchise that served as a precursor to that type of open-world gameplay would've probably been a hit to the magnitude of Simpsons Hit & Run or something similar. If that planned Crazy Taxi movie had come out, especially, it might've had some legs.

At this point, gamers are far too removed from the memory of the franchise to be pulled in by a fleshing out of the world. Titles like Sonic Adventure, Super Mario RPG, Mega Man Legends, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and even in concept Shenmue/Virtua Fighter RPG, made sense at the time because the franchises were still firmly in the public mind.

The funny thing is that Toshihiro Nagoshi of Yakuza fame was a producer of Crazy Taxi, so the DNA of your idea is in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:57:33 pm by OriginalName »