Author Topic: Yakuza 6 to feature Virtua Fighter 5, Puyo Puyo and much more!  (Read 5675 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Yakuza 6 to feature Virtua Fighter 5, Puyo Puyo and much more!
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:40:57 am »
Awesome News! Yakuza 6 will feature the full version of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown and Puyo Puyo in it's ingame SEGA Arcade as well as classics Outrun, Super Hang-On, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone.
And many more activities, click the link to find out more:

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/yakuza-6-adds-live-chat-play-spot
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 07:53:28 pm by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Yakuza 6 to feature Virtua Fighter 5, Puyo Puyo and much more!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:25:59 pm »
VF5 is officially on PS4 now.
SEG4GES

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:50:02 pm »
Really bizarre they didn't simply just port Virtua Fighter 5 as a standalone title. Maybe staff at SEGA has no confidence that Virtua Fighter is a strong enough brand to hold on it's own and is using one of their flagship franchises as an excuse to push the game? Which is an uncanny view on things since Virtua Fighter for a long time was one of SEGA's key franchises.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 03:01:20 am »
It still is.
I would find it more likely to be a tease for a soon-to-be-announced VF6 than that
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 05:54:23 am »
Really bizarre they didn't simply just port Virtua Fighter 5 as a standalone title. Maybe staff at SEGA has no confidence that Virtua Fighter is a strong enough brand to hold on it's own and is using one of their flagship franchises as an excuse to push the game? Which is an uncanny view on things since Virtua Fighter for a long time was one of SEGA's key franchises.

I think it's more like free advertisment for the brand. VF5 is a decade old now, it's had multiple home releases and arcade versions. It had earned its money and many of the people who wanted it already have it. I think now, giving it free in a full price game is a better insentive for people to buy Yakuza and cross promote both series than releasing it alone.
It's almost like a disk with multiple games, people who want Yakuza will buy it for Yakuza, people who want VF5 on PS4 will buy it for VF5 and the only real sacrifice they have made are the niche market that would have baught both seporately at full price.

Plus the gaming landscape has changed in the decade since VF5s release. South East Asia has opened up as a potential massive market for SEGA. Yakuza titles are popular in S.E Aisa now, while I think VF probably hasn't earned that popularity yet.
If SEGA plans to eventually release VF6, putting VF5 in Yakuza 6 is free marketing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:57:31 am by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 06:22:32 am »
What do you think of the cam girls?
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 07:00:26 am »
Really bizarre they didn't simply just port Virtua Fighter 5 as a standalone title.

I would think a PSN port will come latter down the line, kind of like how Shenmue Arcade game latter came to the DC as a standalone game  . I already own all the Arcade games set for Yakuza 6.  I so love to see SEGA bring Arcade games that have never been ported to the home in Yakuza Arcade  . Race TV, R Tunned , Let's Go Jungle, Initial D Arcade Stage 4 would be better and worth getting Yakuza 6  for alone
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2016, 06:25:53 pm »
What do you think of the cam girls?

I think... It will cause a lot of shit when it's cut from the Western release but I also think it's super creepy and I wont be upset in the slightest.

I would think a PSN port will come latter down the line, kind of like how Shenmue Arcade game latter came to the DC as a standalone game.
Yep this happened with Yakuza 5, Virtua Fighter 2 came out for PSN as a stand alone release later.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 04:50:47 am »
I also have to say it's looking  impressive graphically in some aera;s  now and really hope it's true about using a new Battle system, rather than the moves that the team have used since like Yakzua II - Whuch was always a letdown to the game on the PS3 and PS4
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 06:36:43 am »
I also have to say it's looking  impressive graphically in some aera;s  now and really hope it's true about using a new Battle system, rather than the moves that the team have used since like Yakzua II - Whuch was always a letdown to the game on the PS3 and PS4

I dunno I felt that most games improved the battle system over the last and new characters had new styles and so on. It's a slow progress of improvments but going back to Yakuza 2 after Yakuza 5, for example, you can feel a big difference.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 06:54:27 am »
I dunno I felt that most games improved the battle system over the last and new characters had new styles and so on. It's a slow progress of improvments but going back to Yakuza 2 after Yakuza 5, for example, you can feel a big difference.

Its still using most of the old motion capture and move set . It really needs improving and hope it's true that the Team have totally reworked the move and motion capture now.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 06:38:18 am »
Its still using most of the old motion capture and move set . It really needs improving and hope it's true that the Team have totally reworked the move and motion capture now.

You can see its very different in the old gameplay demo.
Made by SEGA

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2018, 04:02:17 am »
English version is finally available in Southeast Asia.
With art book and poster bonus for early buyer.