Author Topic: NeoGAF user Grief.exe begins twitter campaign to push SEGA into PC ports.  (Read 12473 times)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
Thread is here. Thread is decently popular, weekends usually seem slower on Gaf but this thread hit 7 pages in just a few hours.

What do you think about this effort PC gamers of SEGABits/SEGA fans? If you support it, please toss in a tweet if you have a twitter account. Maybe nothing will come of it but this exact thing worked for Dark Souls and ever since then Namco has actually increased their PC focus, following Dark Souls positive PC reception Namco ported over more Japanese content going back to older releases for PC ports, Ace Combat Assault Horizon (2 years after the console versions), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 3 Full Burst, Enslaved (which they just released in October, 3 years after the console versions), and PacMan Championship Edition DX (also 3 years after the console versions).

Now Namco is even discussing Tekken PC ports when they once not only ignored the platform but Harada outright refused to consider it. Unfortunately Tekken sucks, so now it's time to work on SEGA and get VF5, among other things, on PC.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 07:56:00 am by tarpmada »

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: NeoGAF user Grief.exe begins twitter campaign to push SEGA into PC ports.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 07:36:47 pm »
Already tweeted near the beginning of the thread. Some of these games I'd definitely not mind port begging for.

All that really needs to be done at this point is to try and get a Sega rep on the line. More or less how dark souls made it over, and apparently the Ys games along Dark souls have been doing fairly decent in the sales category in that respect.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 08:38:43 pm »
We'll just have to wait and see at this point. Though I doubt we'll get much of anything from that backlog, they should still be worth aiming for, especially since the barrier to entry is incredibly low for the platform, with the only real expense involved being the re binding of controls and touching up on a few aspects(general porting).

Most of the demanded games already have western releases so. Supply would also not be an issue as Sega does not need to pay for steam keys directly(just split it 70/30 with Valve off every purchase on steam only, not anywhere else) in the event that these releases are merely digital anyway.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 09:08:30 am »
I'd buy Valkyria Chronicles again if it came out on PC :)

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 12:43:31 pm »
That thread is in the clear, a mod posted in it. so no angst over potential thread closing, which is good. Kudos to the movement.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »
That thread is in the clear, a mod posted in it. so no angst over potential thread closing, which is good. Kudos to the movement.

ha :P we wouldn't close this thread, even if no mod posted in it. It's not breaking any rules, and I don't see why anyone would get mad over such a thread. The more SEGA games on more platforms, the better. IMO

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 01:51:48 pm »
ha :P we wouldn't close this thread, even if no mod posted in it. It's not breaking any rules, and I don't see why anyone would get mad over such a thread. The more SEGA games on more platforms, the better. IMO
People feared that the thread would be closed because port begging usually isn't allowed. But because the topic is about port begging, rather than someone making a thread go off-topic by whining about ports it's not a problem. :V

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 03:15:21 pm »
People feared that the thread would be closed because port begging usually isn't allowed. But because the topic is about port begging, rather than someone making a thread go off-topic by whining about ports it's not a problem. :V

Oooh... you guys were talking about on neogaf. Now I understand! I thought inthesky was talking about here on segabits

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 05:06:37 pm »
my bad. thanks for the clear up Timmi.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Deefy

• SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 06:10:03 pm »
Done it's for a worthy cause  :D
SEGA STYLE

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 01:44:02 pm »
I'll support it, although it'd also mean more Transformed characters (hopefully...despite not owning the PC version).

Valkyria Chronicles NEEDS to be popular to garner attention.

So do the others of course. :P
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Pao

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2014, 03:36:22 am »
Shouldn't this be on the front page?

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 02:31:30 am »
Shouldn't this be on the front page?

It should but George is absent and he's the one I tried to get to post it. I haven't spoken to him in quite awhile. Guess he must be busy but I know he'd support an effort like this; he's mostly a PC gamer himself these days.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 12:43:46 pm »
if you guys want it posted on the front page make a short list summarizing what should be mentioned in the article, and if I don't get around to posting it myself I'll post in the writers forum for someone to make an article about it. I'm not technically a writer here but i do sometimes write stuff to help out.