Author Topic: [Sonic Lost World] discussion topic  (Read 99666 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
[Sonic Lost World] discussion topic
« on: October 04, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »
Welcome to the new Sonic Lost World Discussion thread. This thread is for discussing Sonic Lost World related content and news. Any off topic posts will be deleted. Any personal insults will be deleted and the attacker will get a warning. We are normally pretty lax when it comes to rules, but the moderation team feels stricter enforcement is needed for this specific thread after what happened in the last thread. Of course you can still debate, we have nothing against debating. Just try to debate in a civilized matter while staying on topic without personal insults.

Thank you and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqWToy_FBhE

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: [Sonic Lost World] discussion topic
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:46 pm »
Thanks Will. It's finally october and the game is close to release. Can't wait!

Offline EzequielM

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:21 pm »
It [the game] doesn't looks good for me, I see the game as an alternative version of Sonic Generations.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
Can't wait to get the game!

What happened to the last thread anyway? Tried to find it before but it was gone.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 04:52:03 am »
I'm sure it'll be fun. Hope it isn't beatable in an hour.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 11:45:19 am »
Demo for both Wii U and 3DS is up on the eShop in Japan. The eShop updates on Thursdays in the US and europe, so expect it to be up tomorrow.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »
You know. It's been a long time since enemies have been anything but boost or homing fodders. From what i've seen i'm really liking how they finally are at least a liitle bit ofa threat. I know sonic games have never been hard after sonic 1, but  only being able to die from a lack of reflex into a botomless pit sucked major balls imo.

crossing my fingers for a demanding sonic game hopefully.

The game btw is really looking good. IGame close to release means reviews may be close. anyone know the embargo date? Would be really great to see a lot of 9s for a change

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »
You know. It's been a long time since enemies have been anything but boost or homing fodders. From what i've seen i'm really liking how they finally are at least a liitle bit ofa threat. I know sonic games have never been hard after sonic 1, but  only being able to die from a lack of reflex into a botomless pit sucked major balls imo.

crossing my fingers for a demanding sonic game hopefully.

The game btw is really looking good. IGame close to release means reviews may be close. anyone know the embargo date? Would be really great to see a lot of 9s for a change

Not sure what the embargo date is but Jim Sterling already tweeted that he hates the game.  The quote was something like "SLW swings wildly between solid fun and horrible messiness"  He removed the tweet, mentioning that he got a letter with the game that explained the embargo but that he didn't see it at first.  Keep in mind though that this is the guy who gave arguably the best sonic game since SA1, Colors, a 4.5/10

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 07:47:15 am »
Not sure what the embargo date is but Jim Sterling already tweeted that he hates the game.  The quote was something like "SLW swings wildly between solid fun and horrible messiness"
You just said two wildly different things in just two sentences.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 08:28:50 am »
Destructoid is my main gaming news page and jim sterling can sometimes be entertaining. Sadly when it comes to sonic, Jim sterling really doesn't know what he wants. His opinions never really seem that consistent. He gave sonic 4 episode 1 an 8.5, rediculing the fans a lot, and then giving episode 2 a very low score.

Of course I still gotta try out the game myself before I could say if the game deserves those 9's. But it'd still be great seeing my preorder being (more) worth it
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:37:27 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 10:33:34 am »
You just said two wildly different things in just two sentences.

Shrug.  It was an exaggeration.  He tweeted similar things about Colors and we all know how that ended up. 

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 11:02:53 am »
Shrug.  It was an exaggeration.  He tweeted similar things about Colors and we all know how that ended up. 
He gave it a bad review, fans called blasphemy cause all reviews for the game must be positive and any negative reviews are click baiting and Sega just sent him stupid stuff in response which further angered the fans. :V

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:28 pm »
He gave it a bad review, fans called blasphemy cause all reviews for the game must be positive and any negative reviews are click baiting and Sega just sent him stupid stuff in response which further angered the fans. :V

All I was referring to was the extremely low score but yes, I remember all of that going down.  Him reviewing this game similarly doesn't upset me too much given that I loved Colors but it is a shame that it's something guaranteed to drag down the meta score.

Anyway, it's also confusing as to why the JP demo was released while we're still sitting here demo-less in the west.     

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 04:58:43 pm »
I'm not a huge Sonic fan in general, but it seems like a lot of Jim Sterling's fame now comes from trashing Sonic games with an opinion that's contrary to the majority, so he probably doesn't want to give that up.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 05:16:11 pm »
it seems like a lot of Jim Sterling's fame now comes from trashing games with an opinion that's contrary to the majority, so he probably doesn't want to give that up.

fixed

He just gave beyond 2 souls a 5.0/10 which sent people ballistic.