Author Topic: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout  (Read 82886 times)

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Re: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 03:29:53 pm »
How is PSO2 a multimedia series?

I know the PSOE1+E2 was released on four consoles, including the PC. But only the GCN version and PC did well.

PSO Universe was basically an PS2 + 360 remake of PSOE1+E2, but downgraded and revamped into an new story.

I also know the current PSO2 is free but cost money for getting special items????

That is not part of the plan. The plan is to make something popular and likable enough, and then people are suppose to come in and pay royalties to you. That is just the idea of something being popular.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2014, 08:03:27 am »
Just remember that videogames in Japan are not only in the same market. If they are popular, they are corverted in multimedia franchises, for example PSO2.

Without counting games, much of the publicity comes from merchandising and other formats.

That's why an userbase of fans is going to buy all the stuff from that game even if only are minor things and digital games. That's a part of the plan.

I know that this can alienate some older fans of Sega but even the company tried to pleased them. Mostly all those digital re-releases and all the JP focus franchises like Yakuza and Phantasy  Star published in the West didn't sell well or the expected. So, they cut the lines and focus in what they sell well. Really, the only title that sells well as a digital re-release is Adventure 2 (4 times in a row in the Top 10 PSN/XBLA).

Now, with all the things going so well so far, they make those digital games based on franchises that many people played before like Crazy Taxi, Monkey Ball, Virtua Tennis, etc. Yes, they are made "on the cheap" but at least is something and many are free. So , if you donĀ“t like it, you can uninstalled from your phone.

Well that's the problem and its really down to how you understand Sega.
Ever since the company became fully Japanese, the management has always tried to expand Sega from being a games company to other markets. When Sega made their first console the SG1000 what a lot of people don't know is they made several toys and cards based on original and licensed properties around the same time. All Sega Sammy is,  Is the realization of a dream the Japanese management have been trying to turn Sega into for decades.
The difference now is that Sega isn't the driving force of this new Bandai type company, Sammy is. And while they will service Sega with games and such their motive is to have new content for their pachislot business. And buying Capcom would be perfect for them like buying Atlus because its further content to mine on a multimedia level and their Panchinko business.
Franchises like Crazy Taxi and all the DC game content are defunct. That's the bottom line. They're not money spinners like the CHAIN CHRONICLES or the YAKUZA's and the MIKU's. The message that the west has given to SegaSammy is that PC games from Sega sell in the bucketloads and not everything else. And they've adhered to that by giving Sega west the money to strengthen the divisions that are making the money. So people only have themselves to blame by not buying the games they wanted in droves. Sega is not going to throw good money after bad to appease an ungrateful western audience. I've been saying that for years when all the Xbox idiots were complaining why Sega wasn't supporting that format. Its only when they were confronted with the reality of the sales did half of them shut up but you still had certain people(still here unfortunately) spinning the nonsense and blaming SOJ for everything.

I'm not going to say SS is perfect because i don't like the sole focus on mobile/digital but they have kept to but they have kept to a pattern and supported Sega and their divisons when needed.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2014, 08:36:47 am »
Not to mention I stand by my comment, what has Capcom done recently that's worth getting excited about? Look at their fighting games, the only good ones to be released in recent years are re-releases and that's because they let Iron Galaxy do everything (original arcade graphics and settings, GGPO online) compared to Capcom's own efforts which are considered the worst fighting games on the market just about (SFIV being a game of option-selects and gimmicks, and Sleep Fighter X Tekken a nap being one of the poorest fighting games in memory). They've run Resident Evil into the toilet, RE6 being the single biggest dissapointment in gaming history for me. Dead Rising 3 looked horrible as well, although I haven't played it so I can't comment too much.

A bit more than SEGA Japan for sure . RE 6 isn't that bad,  the start of the game is brilliant even, it just goes down hill fast and is trying to do too many thing/genre's  at the same time, that said it still sold 6 million copies . Dragons Dogma is a very good tiltle so is Monster Hunter III (with sales to match ) too in the end Capcom have done more this gen than SEGA Japan and all this talk of Capcom being in trouble is just a bit silly

You don't invest 80 Million dollars in 2 new state of the art Buildings and look to take 1000 more staff if you're in serious money trouble. 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2014, 09:03:16 am »

RE 6 isn't that bad,  the start of the game is brilliant even,

Offline ROJM

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:14 am »

A bit more than SEGA Japan for sure . RE 6 isn't that bad,  the start of the game is brilliant even, it just goes down hill fast and is trying to do too many thing/genre's  at the same time, that said it still sold 6 million copies . Dragons Dogma is a very good tiltle so is Monster Hunter III (with sales to match ) too in the end Capcom have done more this gen than SEGA Japan and all this talk of Capcom being in trouble is just a bit silly

You don't invest 80 Million dollars in 2 new state of the art Buildings and look to take 1000 more staff if you're in serious money trouble. 

Capcom has been in trouble for years. I told you that last year and you kept trying to deny it. Capcom has all but said that they're  in trouble or they wouldn't have bothered to put their stocks in that position in the first place. You don't do that if you are stable. Just because they spent a lot of money doesn't mean anything. Lots of companies spend plenty of money before it becomes obvious that they shouldn't have. Hell even Sega threw money around during the DC era and than it became obvious that they shouldn't have and were years in the red. Get with the reality of the situation for gods sake and stop being silly. Capcom either next year or the next will be brought out by someone else.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 09:11:51 am »

RE6 was a terrible game. Even Mickey couldn't take it and gorged his eyes out...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 10:35:36 am »

He doesn't think the werehog or Sonic Unleashed was bad either.

I'm expecting you to rip out your nipples now.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:46 am »
He doesn't think the werehog or Sonic Unleashed was bad either.

I'm expecting you to rip out your nipples now.

Due to an unfortunate incident involving a power-sander, that won't be possible.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2014, 11:39:17 am »
RE 6 isn't that bad,  the start of the game is brilliant even,

The start of the game is classic RE and brings back the atmosphere and dark settings one wants to see in a RE game. The trouble is then starts to go down the action route and tries and fails to mix in action 3rd person shooting and horror all in one and fails.

Capcom has been in trouble for years. I told you that last year and you kept trying to deny it.

Capcom are not in trouble . You don't do this in you're in serious money troubles

Capcom announced it's spending approximately 8 billion yen, which converts to just under $79 million, on two new research and development buildings located near its head office in Osaka. The investment is part of Capcom's ongoing focus to make more of its development internal and centralized with the aim of making higher quality games at lower costs. Work on the smaller eight-floor building began in May 2013, shortly after Capcom announced a$73 million special loss on game cancellations following what the Japanese company called an "excessive" outsourcing of projects overseas.The two buildings will house a significant number of the 1000 further employees Capcom is bringing in as part of its 10-year plan to increase its workforce, and the aim remains to amass a total staff of 2,500 by 2022. Today the company noted the majority of these hires will be recent graduates."Capcom believes that these actions will give the company a competitive advantage due to the more powerful development capabilities in the rapidly growing mobile and PC online games markets," the company summarized in today's announcement.The 8-floor building will cost around 2.5 billion yen ($24.5 million) to build, and Capcom expects to complete construction in January 2015. Work on Its larger 16-floor sibling begins this month, with total costs of approximately 5.5 billion yen ($54 million) and a planned ETA of January 2016. As for what you'll find in the two new offices, Capcom notes a (probably very fancy) sound effect studio, a new motion capture room, and "multi-purpose" spaces that can hold 100-plus people.

In fact I only wished SEGA was showing that sign of forward thinking . and not only that Capcom already have a serious next gen engine ready to go and more IP that sells over a million copies

Hell even Sega threw money around during the DC era and than it became obvious that they shouldn't have and were years in the red

No they weren't . SEGA was slashing its work force . It Cut SEGA America to the bare bones and SEGA Japan not only had  rounds of residencies it also closed its Arcade manufacture plants and contracted it out to 3rd parties . 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

The start of the game is classic RE and brings back the atmosphere and dark
settings one wants to see in a RE game. The trouble is then starts to go down
the action route and tries and fails to mix in action 3rd person shooting and
horror all in one and fails.

No its rubbish. Most people here are saying it. So did everyone at the time.

Capcom are not in trouble .

Yes they are. But keep living in your little fantasy world. Keep quoting out of context without linking it up. This isn't even a debate. EVERYONE apart from you knows it. You really are desperate aren't you. ....

No they weren't . SEGA was slashing its work force . It Cut SEGA America to the
bare bones and SEGA Japan not only had  rounds of residencies it also
closed its Arcade manufacture plants and contracted it out to 3rd parties .

While spending over 100 mil on a stupid campaign that no one was intrested in. Spending millions to promote SHENMUE. Consildating their asets and opening various new arcade centres..the list goes on...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:20:55 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2014, 12:34:04 pm »
No its rubbish. Most people here are saying it

Like usual I doubt you've ever played it . All I will say is it's not rubbish but like Sonic and even COD its cool to bash those type of games of late .

Yes they are.

No they are not , but like every public copr they are open to take overs .

While spending over 100 mil on a stupid campaign that no one was intrested in. Spending millions to promote SHENMUE

300 hundred million dollars  to lauch a new console world wide is cheap sure Shenmue was bit crazy but that was a project that turned into something to sell a console rather than return an outright profit and faith in the man that more or less made SEGA and its millions in the 80's and early 90's .

Now for someone who's claims to be involved in the stock market , you should know that quite a lot of corps don't reduce  R&D spending if they are in trouble , but they're sure as hell will cut back on the work force (the biggest expense to any corp) that's a sure sign when a corp is in trouble is when they start to slash their work force and not take on new staff . Capcom isn't doing that at all

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2014, 01:39:22 pm »
Well that's the problem and its really down to how you understand Sega....

Yes, I'm mostly completly agree with you, Aki.
It's was obvious that SS was pushing forward to buy Atlus because 80% of the reason is they want a new brand of franchises for their pachinko business. The same with Relic (because they will expand what they sell in the West).

It can't be a surprise that, in the end, SS will buy Capcom because for the same reason with Atlus and also,  they already have made Monster Hunter pachinko machines (Capcom took part of the profit).  Imagine Ace Attorney,  Street Fighter, Darkstalkers pachinko machines...that's an idea that SS thinking right now, for sure.

The message that the west has given to SegaSammy is that PC games from Sega sell in the bucketloads and not everything else. And they've adhered to that by giving Sega west the money to strengthen the divisions that are making the money. So people only have themselves to blame by not buying the games they wanted in droves. Sega is not going to throw good money after bad to appease an ungrateful western audience.

I think that's resume all the problems. Sega West, when Mike Hayes was in the charge, published and pushed forward many games from JP to be delivered for western audience. They did exactly what people now are complaining to Sega.

5 Yakuzas, 5 Phantasy Star games, the Platinum deal, a least one game for every single console and device for that time. Many games that people and "fans" or should I say "internet anonymous fans" with poorman nicks and avatars didn't buy fpr what ever reason.

For ex:
When they published Yakuza 1 to 4 : Cool, a GTA style game...wait. (1); another? (2); c'mon Sega,  I want my GTA JP Style Game for next gen(3) ; The 4? Sure, Sega it's exploiting their franchises to dead like Sonic...(4)
When they refused to publish the 5: Why Sega..this franchise is awesome...you really don't want my money?

I see this in many, many webs to even being sick of that.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2014, 02:26:07 pm »
Like usual I doubt you've ever played it . All I will say is it's not rubbish but like Sonic and even COD its cool to bash those type of games of late .

Sonic is also consistently rubbish though. CoD to a lesser degree, it's good at what it tries to be, a cinematic, simple, shooting game with addictive multiplayer elements. Otherwise it's pretty uninspired stuff, at least I got tired of it after MW2. Prior to that I really enjoyed CoD4 & WaW though.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2014, 05:15:52 am »
Sonic is also consistently rubbish though.

Not they are not . Its just people on the bandwagon and bashing them . The last few Sonic games have been very very good imo. Sonic Colors was brilliant Sonic generations had some issues but was still a really well made and great game , Sonic Lost World is a step backwards but it's far from terrible and does have some great moments ,some great level design and touches and some lovely graphics and sound - It give me some hope for the next Sonic game

RE 6 isn't that bad a game and the 1st couple of hours are classic RE and brings back the atmosphere sorely lacking from RE 5 (also a very well made game) its just turns in to a bit of mess when it starts to try and play like Gears and goes for all out action , but its still a half decent game  . Its just people on the internet hype trail and love to bash anything that cools to bash and follow the sheep . 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2014, 05:45:04 am »

Everyone back at GR said the game was crap. People who have spoken about the game here have said it was crap. So i very much DOUBT that YOU have played  it.

No they are not , but like every public copr they are open to take overs .

No. A corporation will not be open to takeovers if they are doing well. they are only open to takeovers when they need the money and the company's future is at risk.

300 hundred million dollars  to lauch a new console .....

Than stop ARGUING with me that Sega didn't splash their money during that period. All you are doing is trolling me just for the sake of it.

Now for someone who's claims to be involved in the stock market , you should know that quite a lot of corps don't reduce  R&D spending if they are in trouble , but they're sure as hell will cut back on the work force (the biggest expense to any corp) that's a sure sign when a corp is in trouble is when they start to slash their work force and not take on new staff . Capcom isn't doing that at all
Again i mentionjed that  point and you started TROLLING again. No they don't spend any money when they are  in trouble. Fx sake you are worse than Regalsin...
Yawn the point is that Capcom Sega and many companies splash a lot of money even when they shouldn't. you can keep denying it all you want but its a fact.

Final point because i can't be assed to carry on your nonsense. Capcom has been in turbulance for years. Now another rumor yet again COMING directly from them are saying they going to sell stock instead of protecting themselves from a takeover. Why? if capcom is doing SO well then why put up something like that to begin with? Why did the stock holders reject  it in order for a takeover option? Why is the president busy investing in other options and making people know about it? That's not the behavior of a company not in trouble? i suggest you STOP being a fanboy and get your head out of your ass

later. I'm going to discuss this topic with people who actually have a sense and understanding of the topic and not intrested in trolling the topic in order to get more brownie points and attention.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:50:42 am by ROJM »