Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183538 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #570 on: November 11, 2016, 02:39:59 pm »
Like Bill Clinton was any better ?  Most of the French Presidents shag anything that moves and have countless affairs and the less said about Silvio Berlusconi the better .

Most of them make Trump look like a saint tbh

Ah, yes. Berlusconi. I remember him lol.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #571 on: November 11, 2016, 04:37:16 pm »
For you guys who live in States..
Is this all true?

https://twitter.com/i/moments/796417517157830656

I didn't see any of this on television, but it's going viral on Twitter & Facebook so I kinda wonder.
Donald Trump is not the president yet. He will be inaugurated on January 20th. There are plenty of ignorant Americans who think he's already in office though.

Offline Tad

« Reply #572 on: January 11, 2017, 02:10:58 am »
He's not even in yet and it's looking bad.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 02:18:37 am by Tad »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #573 on: January 11, 2017, 10:48:35 am »
Here's my two cents on the matter...

This post-election period has been frankly... weird.

Some people pestering the electoral college and congress to stop Trump from being sworn into office or confirm any of his nominations.
The whole "fake news" circus which could never accurately identify what was the fake news piece that somehow swayed the election in Trump's favor.
Several Trump-themed hate crimes have been pushed and many are of dubious origin / were fabricated.
In the same manner, the equally bizarre Neo Mcharty-ism that's blossomed within some members on the left, who genuiely beleive tooth and nail that Russia somehow played a hand in the elections, thus vindicading Hillary or something.
Just yesterday, this golden shower report that Buzzfeed got ahold of is comprised of mostly unconfirmed and unverifiable claims that somehow are being treated seriously.

It's been a mess.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #574 on: January 11, 2017, 12:06:44 pm »
America has a bigger issue than Trump, the fact that so many outlets and people only believe in democracy if they like the candidates.

Trump got elected through the same rules as Obama or whatever. Good or not, it's the way it is. Unless people want left totalitarianism..
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #575 on: January 11, 2017, 12:24:32 pm »
I'm going to guess he'll step down before his term is over. More and more will go on and he'll have no choice.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #576 on: January 11, 2017, 07:00:23 pm »
I don't think he will step down because the house and the senate are both controlled by Republicans.

It's not really long until the 2020 election. I don't think Donald Trump will win the next election. Don't know who the Democratic nominee will be though.

I'm guessing either George Clooney or Joe Biden.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:01:54 pm by pcm92 »

Offline Tad

« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2017, 03:20:21 am »
I'd say that's exactly why he'll step down personally. Like him or not, this has got to be having an effect on him and if he does step down, the republicans can just grab someone else in his place.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2017, 03:23:31 am »
Since the election is all but over, here's my final thoughts / rants on the matter:

I find it ironic that Democrats have been complaining non-stop about fears of interference from Russia during the elections because CNN, NBC, the NYT and much of the entertainment industry have done nothing but meddle in the elections to conceal one inconvinent truth, IMHO: Hillary Clinton was a terrible candidate for the Democrat Party.

Barack Obama had done more than enough damage to the Democrat Party but Clinton was pure poison for the brand. Even her most fanatical devotee's who prattled on and on about how Trump is basically the Anti-Christ couldn't come up with a good reason she'd make a good president over Trump. That alone showed complete lack of confidence and enthusiam from her base of supporters.

And going back to meddling in elections, was Clinton ever asked any tough questions? She and her cronies were almost always never questioned about her problems with the Clinton Foundation, her time as Secretary of State under Obama (which I'm sure he regrets), the multiple investigations pertaining to her and a couple of her cronies. I find it ironic as well that an unconfirmed intellenge document with multiple spelling errors and wrongly named organizations is being paraded around while the DNC and Clinton's emails that were leaked (not hacked, but leaked) were initially shunned, barely reported, deemed phony and many people on Twitter and such have decided to highlight meaningless comments from the e-mail dump rather than focus on the very serious problems such as:

- Clinton's collusion with the Electors to throw Bernie Sanders under the bus;
- Clinton's Pay for Play scam while Secretary of State;
- Clinton's collusion with the FBI;
- Clinton's paid speeches regarding borders;
- Clinton admiting that the Iran deal was horrible;
- Clinton campaign's collusion with several media outlets (again, genuine interference);
- Clinton's problematic email server (deleted emails and communicated with Obama himself through that private server);

The only time I could recall Clinton being asked about any of this was in the very last debate about her paid speech in Brazil. Cue election and Trump wins big by getting Pensylvania, Florida, Michigan and a few other swing states (by small margins in a few of those). Prompting shock and outrage from the very remaining blue areas that decide to riot and break stuff in their own cities(?).

The rest is what we've all witness thus far:

- Jill Stein's publicity stunt to demand a recount on three key states in which she got more money than her entire presidential run and ironically helped Trump;
- The whole ask the electoral college voters to not vote for Trump (again, should count as genuine interference);
- The supossed peaceful transition in which we've witness the EPA throwing a massive hissy fit, intelligence briefings being sparsely provided and other weird incidents;
- Russians hacked the elections has become a permament fixture (she won the popular vote,remember?) and Trump is Putin's puppet or something (because it's possible to hack paper ballots and offline voting machines)
- Fake news, according to Buzzfeed, were shared more often than some of the more genuine articles but nowhere in this debate was there a clear example that swayed the elections in Trump's favor.

Regardless of how you feel about Trump, the undeniable truth at the end of the day is this: Hillary was a terrible candidate.

My advice for the Democrat Party right now is this: admit defeat, take a deep breath and think about what went wrong. So you can bounce back and be credible, hopefully without resorting to media and entertainment stooges.

The first thing to fix is the "anyone who disagrees with me is a something-phobe" or the more recent "You are Putin's pawn" everytime someone expresses doubts about Russia's role in the elections, certainly did no favors to Hillary's campaign;

Update: One final thing...

Let me get this straight, Trump isn't allowed to diss CNN but Obama's was allowed to treat Fox News like an unwanted pregnancy for 8 consecutive years.

End of rant, for reals this time.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:33:36 am by max_cady »

Offline Tad

« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2017, 05:26:20 am »
I can't comment too much on it all as I don't live there, but it seems to me that it's not just democrats moaning. Even those in the republican party seemed a bit weary of Trump winning. Then when you move onto the person in question, you can't help but see why.

Offline Tad

« Reply #580 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:37 am »
Well, that's it. Trumps in.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #581 on: January 20, 2017, 12:21:40 pm »
Good. Is this the end of the media craze? I'm sick of american politics. Hell, it doesn't even affect us here
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #582 on: January 20, 2017, 02:59:18 pm »
Probably not. I dare say, European leaders are going to be a bit itchy with what he does now. Heck, a number of policies have already been changed. They've cancelled climate change initiatives.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #583 on: January 20, 2017, 04:01:29 pm »
I believe in global warming, but I also believe it is an overblown issue that is being used to force changes in the automotive industry. Changes that greatly benifit german and french car makers mainly.

I find that thought disgusting.

SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #584 on: January 20, 2017, 07:36:32 pm »
I don't understand why Americans DO drive Japanese cars and Japanese people DON'T drive American cars.