Author Topic: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west  (Read 64479 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: SEGA says PSO2 still coming to the west
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2015, 03:32:24 pm »
This is correct. SEGA is allowing Atlus to continue business as usual. Will this continue forever? Who knows, but as of now its business as usual for Atlus (probably as long as they continue to generate income).

I wouldn't mind if some Atlus higher ups have more of a investment into SEGA's publishing side. But who knows if that would be a good idea?

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2015, 03:35:17 pm »
It's still really weird to me.

Steering the thread back to the needle, PSO2 has never really held much interest to me. The last MMO I ever played was Spiral Knights, and that was mainly because it didn't feel like an MMO.  I've never been able to get into them, I think I tried getting into World of Warcraft twice and it just didn't work for me. I think it's kind of sad they won't bring it here, but I'm honestly jaded to the point where I assume any Japanese game isn't coming west until stated otherwise, so.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2015, 06:32:31 pm »
I'd imagine Atlus gets more levy at SEGA because they're successful. If SEGA America was a success story you'd probably be hearing rumours of Atlus USA closing down, as it is SEGA probably sees it in their best interest to keep Atlus open or they've spent over $100 million acquiring a lame duck.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2015, 03:56:30 am »
brought up was NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, and how Sega took a huge gamble on making it at all, especially considering how much bigger it was than the first game

[size=0pt]It wasn't a Huge risk at all. Nights: JOD dreams were done on the cheap and a total screw up on SEGA part for various reasons .. Not least there should have never have made a sequel in the 1st place , but to then limit the sequel to the Wii :thinking it would appeal more to children was just a total cock up - The 360 and PS3 would have been better able to realize a dream world and the fans of NiGHTS would now be adults and so would tend to be more owners of 360 or the PS3.[/size] [/color]Binary Domain was far more of a risk, but again that shows up SOJ inept management skills . Launching a major new IP so late in a system life is always a big risk and then to bring it out with next to no major PR push was just a joke
Shame too as BD was the last proper SEGA Japan game I played - where it looked and felt like a old classic SEGA Japan game and imo one of the best 3rd person shooters ever made
[/size] [/color]
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2015, 08:57:51 am »
SEGA owning Atlus is like Disney owning Marvel and Lucasfilm. You won't see Disney's name on most Marvel and Lucasfilm products, in fact both don't even tack the Disney logo onto the films.

Also Mademan is a weasel.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2017, 03:51:34 am »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2017, 11:58:09 pm »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2017, 03:22:44 am »
Congrats....

Phantasy Star Online 2 for PS4 tops 500,000 downloads
http://gematsu.com/2017/01/phantasy-star-online-2-ps4-tops-500000-downloads

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2017, 03:01:51 pm »
This is correct. SEGA is allowing Atlus to continue business as usual. Will this continue forever? Who knows, but as of now its business as usual for Atlus (probably as long as they continue to generate income).

I wouldn't mind if some Atlus higher ups have more of a investment into SEGA's publishing side. But who knows if that would be a good idea?

If Persona 5 exceeds expectations worldwide, I would hope that SEGA sees this as them just letting ATLUS do their thing.

I think ATLUS should have some say inside SEGA. Not a de facto role but an advisory one (suggesting how Yakuza or any small budget game is advertised for example). SEGA on the other hand should provide ATLUS some information on what the other teams are doing to create some healthy competition.

As for PSO2, I have given up on it entirely.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.