Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 703382 times)

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2790 on: March 01, 2017, 10:32:09 pm »
Just beat Wonder Boy 2 (in Monster Land) last night.

Played it on Xbox 360. Jesus Christ that game is HARDCORE. The Dark Souls of its time and then some.

It has a forced "game over" if you die anywhere in the last stage. How the hell could anybody beat that game on the original arcades?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2791 on: March 09, 2017, 11:21:12 am »
Playing Phantasy Star (SMS) and Project X Zone 2 on the go, playing Zelda BotW (Wii U) and Yakuza 2 at home.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2792 on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:28 pm »
Finished Naruto: The Broken Bond. As a whole a very interesting experience. The original Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, was very much a sandbox-esque adventure that followed the very first major story arcs. Had cutscenes lifted from the anime. Solid controls, a ton of mini-games and the likes. The only major grip I had was with combat. The characters you fought were insanely difficult to beat.

Naruto: The Broken Bond has several hub-worlds that are seperated by tree jumping sequences. Characters like Shikamaru, Neji, Choji and Kiba play a much larger role. You can recruit them into your team, tagging them into a fight and use their unique skills for tons of quests. Speaking of quests, besides the main story quests, there are so many things to do: hunt down wanted ninjas, fishing mini-games, fetch quests, games that you'd find in carnivals and a couple of random encounters in the wild. Sadly, though, while everything was a major improvement, story was the only thing that was lacking even though it did touch upon two major story arcs: the search for Tsunade and Sasuke's Retrieval Arc, much of the plot in-between filler esque BS (one the main story missions with Choji is all about figuring out why his favorite potato chip maker was producing sub-par products).

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2793 on: March 10, 2017, 08:40:08 pm »
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords

Don't underestimate the game from the long title. It's a very fun and addicting console game.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2794 on: March 14, 2017, 11:42:51 am »
If that's the case, then is the Star Wars Motor series better than battlefront?

I have been playing Just Cause 3, but I have not had the chance to buy Just Cause 2 yet.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2795 on: March 15, 2017, 03:09:25 am »
I'm still playing Naruto: The Broken Bond. I'm trying to finish all the side activities to get just enough points to max out all of Naruto's stats. Strenght is the last one. And I need 1500 points. And since I completed most of the major side quests, I have to do a lot of these smaller side missions (namely fishing mini-games).

One of the last cards is the Sasuke Cursed Form fight and it's insanely hard to fight him. Even with 3 ninjas.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2796 on: March 15, 2017, 06:58:38 pm »
If that's the case, then is the Star Wars Motor series better than battlefront?

I have been playing Just Cause 3, but I have not had the chance to buy Just Cause 2 yet.

Which battlefront?

Battlefront 1 - there are more locations in kotor.

Battlefront 2 - there is no actual storyline, but this game is still tied with motor 2 as being the greatest star wars game ever.

Battlefront (2015) - worst star wars game ever.

Kotor 2 is better than kotor 1, but both are very good games and are extremely addicting.

P.S.
I have never played just cause, so I can't tell you if 2 or 3 is better. I'm sure Barry could though...

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2797 on: March 17, 2017, 03:32:26 am »
The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past on SNES.  It's fun to come back to it now n then.  Solid game, great story and music, lots of stuff to find. 
Be like water.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #2798 on: March 17, 2017, 03:33:15 am »
Finished Naruto: The Broken Bond. As a whole a very interesting experience. The original Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, was very much a sandbox-esque adventure that followed the very first major story arcs. Had cutscenes lifted from the anime. Solid controls, a ton of mini-games and the likes. The only major grip I had was with combat. The characters you fought were insanely difficult to beat.

Naruto: The Broken Bond has several hub-worlds that are seperated by tree jumping sequences. Characters like Shikamaru, Neji, Choji and Kiba play a much larger role. You can recruit them into your team, tagging them into a fight and use their unique skills for tons of quests. Speaking of quests, besides the main story quests, there are so many things to do: hunt down wanted ninjas, fishing mini-games, fetch quests, games that you'd find in carnivals and a couple of random encounters in the wild. Sadly, though, while everything was a major improvement, story was the only thing that was lacking even though it did touch upon two major story arcs: the search for Tsunade and Sasuke's Retrieval Arc, much of the plot in-between filler esque BS (one the main story missions with Choji is all about figuring out why his favorite potato chip maker was producing sub-par products).

Read about it in shonen jump, looked mindblowing
Be like water.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #2799 on: April 09, 2017, 03:20:13 pm »
I'm done with Naruto Shippudden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. One of my best buds lent me that game. Finished the story mode in three sitting which is all fine. The Adventure Mode, sadly is beyond dull. Apart from the midly enganing short story with Naruto, Hinata and Sakura, it gets dull very quickly. And here's an even sadder truth: When you've played one UNS game, you've basically played them all. The characters as far as I can tell, can be very predictable, they tend to get away from you, attack from a distance (Temari is basically broken) and will randomly dodge your all your attacks. The matches, can sometimes be fun, but they do tend to get stale.

Don't feel like playing anything atm, so I'm just having a little fun again with Gal Gun: Double Peace.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #2800 on: April 09, 2017, 06:03:52 pm »
I'm done with Naruto Shippudden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. One of my best buds lent me that game. Finished the story mode in three sitting which is all fine. The Adventure Mode, sadly is beyond dull. Apart from the midly enganing short story with Naruto, Hinata and Sakura, it gets dull very quickly. And here's an even sadder truth: When you've played one UNS game, you've basically played them all. The characters as far as I can tell, can be very predictable, they tend to get away from you, attack from a distance (Temari is basically broken) and will randomly dodge your all your attacks. The matches, can sometimes be fun, but they do tend to get stale.

Don't feel like playing anything atm, so I'm just having a little fun again with Gal Gun: Double Peace.

They literally repackaged the same game over again changing only the story and characters based on which arc the anime was at.  I figured I'd wait until the anime was over and get not only the full story, but all the characters as well. 
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2801 on: April 16, 2017, 12:46:37 pm »
I'm tempted to get the collection of all the Naruto games when it's out. I've not seen the show, but I'm told these games do a great job of cutting away all the fluff and keeping the important bits in.

At the moment, I'm replaying EHM16. Doing well so far.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #2802 on: April 17, 2017, 12:44:40 pm »
I'm tempted to get the collection of all the Naruto games when it's out. I've not seen the show, but I'm told these games do a great job of cutting away all the fluff and keeping the important bits in.

At the moment, I'm replaying EHM16. Doing well so far.

Playstation 2 series does a decent job, Gamecube is alright, but limited. PS3 and PS4 has the most characters to play as but I'm not so crazy about the story at that point.  Xbox 360 has some cool ones.  The anime is overblown with filler in Shippuden but the original series doesn't really go into filler until after the original story is finished, then it's like 100 episodes of filler nonstop.  No exaggeration.  Just a heads up.  The fight choreography is solid though, like a really cool martial arts flick.  I recommend watching the Rock Lee fights on youtube.
Be like water.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #2803 on: April 20, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »
I picked up Mad Max when it was on sale for $10. I remember it getting middling reviews but I think it's really cool. The car is very customizable and upgradable, and Max also levels up in various ways. The lore of the most recent film is fully realized but the game doesn't try to tell the same story as Fury Road, which I think makes for a better game. The only thing I'd like to change about it so far is to make the desert/wasteland even more vast and empty, with longer distances between points of interest... but it's about par for the course for how open worlds are arranged with several other destinations in sight fairly nearby.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #2804 on: April 21, 2017, 11:09:16 pm »
I've been playing alot of Final Fantasy VI lately.  Really Solid game with a fantastic story, cast of characters, and excellent music and gameplay.  Tons of spells to learn, summons to find, ect.  It really is the greatest RPG i have ever played in my entire life.
Be like water.