Author Topic: Sonic Generations General Discussion  (Read 162369 times)

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:46:00 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Re: Sonic Generations Demo - 23rd of June!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:02:46 am »
I take back what I said yesterday about metal sonic. Looking at it again now I can say he looks great.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 08:09:53 am »
Looking VERY awesome, and fanboys and breathe easy. Sonic CD has a stage featured. News'd it!

Now bring on the high quality screens!

Oh, and any Japanese readers able to get full page scans?

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:09:05 am »
Chemical Plant can't be more perfect!
and wow at Sonic CD level being in the game!

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:16:28 am »
Looking VERY awesome, and fanboys and breathe easy. Sonic CD has a stage featured. News'd it!

Now bring on the high quality screens!

Oh, and any Japanese readers able to get full page scans?

We need STORM!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 09:39:56 am »
Like I have been saying, I think Chemical Plant Zone is the level and then it leads into Stardust Speedway Zone for the race.

I am curious if both classic and modern variations will race Metal though? Honestly barely anything for Modern Sonic excites me except the thought of the race with Metal.

Also, can we only post links to the screenshots if possible? I really want to keep up with the discussion, but I do not want to see Chemical Plant Zone or the Sonic Adventure stuff until I get to actually play this game myself.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sonic Generations Chemical Plant Zone / Metal Sonic
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 10:20:49 am »
Like I have been saying, I think Chemical Plant Zone is the level and then it leads into Stardust Speedway Zone for the race.

I am curious if both classic and modern variations will race Metal though? Honestly barely anything for Modern Sonic excites me except the thought of the race with Metal.

Also, can we only post links to the screenshots if possible? I really want to keep up with the discussion, but I do not want to see Chemical Plant Zone or the Sonic Adventure stuff until I get to actually play this game myself.

From what I've read, Famitsu mentioned both Sonic's having a Metal Sonic fight, but I've yet to see that comment confirmed. If true, that'd be great as it means more Stardust Speedway.

I can't stop people from posting images, however perhaps we should hold off on posting the scans in the forums and only post images once SEGA releases the official ones. The Famitsu scans are cool, but are way too low in quality to do the game justice.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 10:23:38 am »
Looks very mixed quality. Not really impressed here.

If someone told me those Modern Sonic screenshots were from Sonic 06, I would believe them.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 02:07:48 pm »
I somehow figured that the bosses would take place in different levels, it wouldn't really make sense to recreate moments like the battles against Metal, Perfect Chaos, etc. in a completely different location. Although I wonder what they're going to do with Egg Dragoon...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »
If Silver is a rival fight, it's going to be very lame if that boring little square in Soleanna is the setting. At the very least, pick a visually interesting stage like Kingdom Valley or something.

Shadow would probably be that long stretch of road in space, which had great music! Though it is in desperate need of a Generations revamp. An endless road would be very boring. Needs some hills and platforms and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCzCbVn4Mo

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 03:35:09 pm »
Quote from: Barry the Nomad
Shadow would probably be that long stretch of road in space, which had great music! Though it is in desperate need of a Generations revamp. An endless road would be very boring. Needs some hills and platforms and stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydCzCbVn4Mo

I think that'll be the Shadow boss they might use, since it's probably the most notable fight between the two of them.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 06:31:14 pm »
I am honestly expecting either Radical Highway or something from Shadow's game to be for Shadow's fight, maybe both.

The only thing I can picture for a Silver fight would be classic Sonic jumping on platforms he lifts up. As for Modern... The physics just do not work when walking around slowly, unless Silver is riding something or is part of Iblis or something (rather just fight Iblis...) I cannot see him fighting modern Sonic.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:59 pm »
Yes, racing against Metal Sonic again in Sonic Generations made my day. Mr. Izukia and Sonic Team seem to know what there doing now.

I hope they use the Japanese track for Stardust Speedway Zone (The Bad Future version). It'll fit due to the *get get get down* vocals in it. Loved it since Virtua Fighter.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »
I am honestly expecting either Radical Highway or something from Shadow's game to be for Shadow's fight, maybe both.
For the Shadow fight, I would say that Green Forest, Final Rush/Final Chase or the linear road where they fought in the end of SA2 are way more likely than Radical Highway or a stage from Shadow's game.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 09:59:19 am »
For the Shadow fight, I would say that Green Forest, Final Rush/Final Chase or the linear road where they fought in the end of SA2 are way more likely than Radical Highway or a stage from Shadow's game.

I am entirely sure it will be Radical Highway so they can use assets from City Escape they already made. Plus, it is the most iconic stuff with him.

I do not know why it is so unlikely about Shadow's game being represented. It was Iizuka's game and quality is not an issue, as they are obviously going to have Sonic 06 stuff in here too.

Anyways, I am really expecting Metal Sonic's race (really better be a race...) to use this song. I am okay with how it sounds, but I know a lot of you will not like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb8wxZsYcno