Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431306 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #765 on: December 19, 2021, 07:34:17 pm »
Google is bringing Android games to Windows in 2022

“Starting in 2022, players will be able to experience their favorite Google Play games on more devices: seamlessly switching between a phone, tablet, Chromebook, and soon, Windows PCs,” says Greg Hartrell, Google’s product director of games on Android and Google Play, in a statement to The Verge.
“This Google built product brings the best of Google Play Games to more laptops and desktops, and we are thrilled to expand our platform for players to enjoy their favorite Android games even more.”

Article : https://www.theverge.com/2021/12/9/22827037/google-android-games-windows-pc-google-play-games/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, the one Olympic game based on the cancelled event. Honestly I haveonly played two... maybe three of these Mario & Sonic games.

It's not cancelled. Just delayed to 2021 (and it's already over now) but still retain the 2020 naming.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 03:38:26 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #766 on: December 19, 2021, 08:34:44 pm »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 03:38:54 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2021, 11:42:36 pm »
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 03:36:34 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #768 on: December 20, 2021, 12:11:29 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog for Commodore 64/128 + REU (PAL and NTSC) Released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGp4a00OeRs

This game is a direct port of the SEGA Master System 8-Bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog, with about 64 KB of code hand-translated from the Z80 to the 6502 architecture.
It requires a C64 or C128 (in C64 mode), a compatible REU of at least 256 KB, a compatible drive (.d64 and .d81 images will be provided) and any joystick or gamepad (no extra buttons required).
On NTSC, a C128 or other CPU accelerator is highly recommended.

Download Link : https://csdb.dk/release/index.php?id=212190

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #769 on: December 20, 2021, 10:51:35 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog for Commodore 64/128 + REU (PAL and NTSC) Released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGp4a00OeRs

Download Link : https://csdb.dk/release/index.php?id=212190
I wonder if the Green Hill ramp glitch is present.

Offline Berto

« Reply #770 on: December 22, 2021, 01:02:41 am »
I wonder if the Green Hill ramp glitch is present.

Doubt it since it's kinda simpler than SMS version.

Offline Berto

« Reply #771 on: December 22, 2021, 01:04:54 am »
LIVE: 24/7 Holiday Yule Log: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTqQOEaqJk

The FASTEST fireplace you've ever seen! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Sonic The Hedgehog 2 and Nickelodeon!
See how many Sonic decorations you can find - that is, if you don't get too distracted by the blue hedgehog himself!

►► Subscribe for More: https://at.nick.com/NickRewindSubscribe
►► Watch More from NickRewind: https://at.nick.com/NewRewindVideos
►► All That on YouTube: https://at.nick.com/AllThat
►► Nickelodeon on YouTube: https://at.nick.com/Nick
►► What’s On TV? : https://at.nick.com/TVSchedule

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #772 on: December 23, 2021, 09:32:48 am »
Saturn's Diamond Dust is made by Richard Jacques, right?
I think now the departement who in charged in Youtube videos tend to avoid using his song,
in order not to anger him again like he did with Tee Lopes.
If Sonic's channel make a Yule Log video they could still credit Richard Jacques, it's good manners after all. I may have only found out about Yule Log videos recently but I think Yule Log videos need at least these three things:
  • Obviously a fireplace with a crackling fire. The camera may concentrate either on the fireplace or display the living room that is decorated for Christmas. Such as visable Christmas tree, a window with a snowfall outside and even better if the light of the fire is visable on its surroundings. The camera may occasionally do both by moving towards and back from the fireplace. The fire itself can simply be a few-minute loop (around five minutes) to give the illusion of a continuing fire.
  • Casual, easy-to-listen to music. When it comes to winter stages in Sonic games, not all of them have such casual themes (and I know Sonic 3 music is a bit of a grey area for Sega's legal department, unless they straight up play Jetzons' Hard Times.) but they could probably find fan covers that they can ask to use and such. As long as Diamond Dust, Snowy Mountain, Limestone Cave and Holoska hub theme are used given they're the most chill Sonic stage themes I know. And if that's not enough they could probably pad out the length with music from Christmas NiGHTS and traditional carols. The music needs to be "easy-to-listen to" because it's for when you're relaxing by the fire, not for partying.
  • (Optional) the occasional animation. Instead of it just being a few-minute loop with music, the video could have the occasional surprise with tidbits of animation to keep the audience on it's toes.

For a good example, 2020's Doctor Who Yule Log. It has everything! It has music composed from the show, it has the Doctor (though that's not her actor Judy Whitaker), it has tidbits of animations (my fave being 27:32) and sometimes the camera pans from close up of the fireplace to it's surroundings. And more importantly it keeps to the aesthetic of the show by looking like a fireplace that belongs in the TARDIS.

To be honest, I find it hard to imagine how a Sonic Yule Log can work given Sonic has always been more of an outdoor person. Plus I always find it hard to identitfy the "Sonic aesthetic" that I dunno how such a fireplace work.
    (But if you asked me to do a Mario Yule Log, well that's easy. Princess Peach' castle from Super Mario 64 is so recognisable that might as well have the Yule Log somewhere in her castle. That's what annoys me between Mario and Sonic aesthetic, Marios aesthetic is more easy to recognise than Sonic's outside of Green Hill Zone.)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:46:31 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #773 on: December 23, 2021, 08:08:49 pm »
If Sonic's channel make a Yule Log video they could still credit Richard Jacques, it's good manners after all. I may have only found out about Yule Log videos recently but I think Yule Log videos need at least these three things:
  • Obviously a fireplace with a crackling fire. The camera may concentrate either on the fireplace or display the living room that is decorated for Christmas. Such as visable Christmas tree, a window with a snowfall outside and even better if the light of the fire is visable on its surroundings. The camera may occasionally do both by moving towards and back from the fireplace. The fire itself can simply be a few-minute loop (around five minutes) to give the illusion of a continuing fire.
  • Casual, easy-to-listen to music. When it comes to winter stages in Sonic games, not all of them have such casual themes (and I know Sonic 3 music is a bit of a grey area for Sega's legal department, unless they straight up play Jetzons' Hard Times.) but they could probably find fan covers that they can ask to use and such. As long as Diamond Dust, Snowy Mountain, Limestone Cave and Holoska hub theme are used given they're the most chill Sonic stage themes I know. And if that's not enough they could probably pad out the length with music from Christmas NiGHTS and traditional carols. The music needs to be "easy-to-listen to" because it's for when you're relaxing by the fire, not for partying.
  • (Optional) the occasional animation. Instead of it just being a few-minute loop with music, the video could have the occasional surprise with tidbits of animation to keep the audience on it's toes.

For a good example, 2020's Doctor Who Yule Log. It has everything! It has music composed from the show, it has the Doctor (though that's not her actor Judy Whitaker), it has tidbits of animations (my fave being 27:32) and sometimes the camera pans from close up of the fireplace to it's surroundings. And more importantly it keeps to the aesthetic of the show by looking like a fireplace that belongs in the TARDIS.

To be honest, I find it hard to imagine how a Sonic Yule Log can work given Sonic has always been more of an outdoor person. Plus I always find it hard to identitfy the "Sonic aesthetic" that I dunno how such a fireplace work.
    (But if you asked me to do a Mario Yule Log, well that's easy. Princess Peach' castle from Super Mario 64 is so recognisable that might as well have the Yule Log somewhere in her castle. That's what annoys me between Mario and Sonic aesthetic, Marios aesthetic is more easy to recognise than Sonic's outside of Green Hill Zone.)

Those are nice ideas.
I remember Jesse Pajamas could made relaxing christmas version of any Sonic songs,
too bad his channels are deleted now.
What I'm trying to say is that .. it is not have to be based on Sonic's snow levels.
It could just be Christmas remix version of any Sonic song.
But I guess Sonic official channel just adapt "it's got to be something perfect or nothing at all" and choose the later.

Offline Berto

« Reply #774 on: December 23, 2021, 08:57:31 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) - "Red Quill or Blue Quill"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8qRuGm2E_I

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #775 on: December 23, 2021, 09:30:33 pm »
Those are nice ideas.
I remember Jesse Pajamas could made relaxing christmas version of any Sonic songs,
too bad his channels are deleted now.
What I'm trying to say is that .. it is not have to be based on Sonic's snow levels.
It could just be Christmas remix version of any Sonic song.
But I guess Sonic official channel just adapt "it's got to be something perfect or nothing at all" and choose the later.
As long as they don't leave it last minute as Nintendo did. It's not like Christmas is just announced unexpectedly.
And yeah christmas remixed versions of other stage songs could work as well.

As for where Sonic's yule long should be I dunno. So far all I can think of is:
  • Professor Pickle's study, preferably the one at Spagonia University. Though I can't recall if his study had a fireplace or not. Problem is given his study was such a small and somewhat generic place I doubt it would be that recignisable to the Sonic franchise.
  • Somewhere in the Resistance HQ, though honestly we just seen a room of th HQ which consist of a main computer and some crates, nowhere that looks homely for Christmas let alone a fireplace.
  • Instead of a fireplace inside somewhere, instead the yule log could be placed on a campfire located in a zone. Maybe at Ice Cap, (either Sonic 3 or Adventure), White Park Zone, Holoska, Frozen Factory, Press Garden Zone or Glacierland. While Green Hill may seem the most Sonic-recognisable place, I always found Green Hill too tropical to believe it can snow there.
If I were to choose a place, my choice would be White Park Grand Chateau. However it depends how many people have read the IDW comics to know what that place is like or can even imagine it like Sonic at all.

EDIT: Decided to try and make my own Sonic Yule Log video. However given it's Christmas Eve now I doubt I'll have it finish by Christmas. But if it looks decent I'll post it next year. So far I made a fireplace using textures from Twinkle Park, including the red carpet texture. I just need a good wall texture. Will try to recreate Station Square christmas trees.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 12:46:24 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #776 on: December 24, 2021, 08:24:17 pm »
As long as they don't leave it last minute as Nintendo did. It's not like Christmas is just announced unexpectedly.
And yeah christmas remixed versions of other stage songs could work as well.

As for where Sonic's yule long should be I dunno. So far all I can think of is:
  • Professor Pickle's study, preferably the one at Spagonia University. Though I can't recall if his study had a fireplace or not. Problem is given his study was such a small and somewhat generic place I doubt it would be that recignisable to the Sonic franchise.
  • Somewhere in the Resistance HQ, though honestly we just seen a room of th HQ which consist of a main computer and some crates, nowhere that looks homely for Christmas let alone a fireplace.
  • Instead of a fireplace inside somewhere, instead the yule log could be placed on a campfire located in a zone. Maybe at Ice Cap, (either Sonic 3 or Adventure), White Park Zone, Holoska, Frozen Factory, Press Garden Zone or Glacierland. While Green Hill may seem the most Sonic-recognisable place, I always found Green Hill too tropical to believe it can snow there.
If I were to choose a place, my choice would be White Park Grand Chateau. However it depends how many people have read the IDW comics to know what that place is like or can even imagine it like Sonic at all.

EDIT: Decided to try and make my own Sonic Yule Log video. However given it's Christmas Eve now I doubt I'll have it finish by Christmas. But if it looks decent I'll post it next year. So far I made a fireplace using textures from Twinkle Park, including the red carpet texture. I just need a good wall texture. Will try to recreate Station Square christmas trees.

Nice to see more ideas are rolling...
Well.. if you got a whole year to prepare, I'm sure you can put those ideas into reality.

Offline Berto

« Reply #777 on: December 25, 2021, 07:24:33 am »
SEGA PlayStation Store Asia Winter Sale has Started! 📣📣
Up to 80% off on selected Sonic Titles! ✨✨ Don't miss out!🥳

💝 Sonic Titles:
・Sonic Mania: 80% off
・SONIC FORCES: 80% off
・Team Sonic Racing: 70% off

💝 Sale Period: Dec. 22, 2021(Wed.) - Jan. 7, 2022(Fri.)

Source : https://www.facebook.com/SonicOfficial.asia/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 03:34:56 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #779 on: December 25, 2021, 02:01:57 pm »
Nice to see more ideas are rolling...
Well.. if you got a whole year to prepare, I'm sure you can put those ideas into reality.
I'm sure it'll look good. I just need more Sonic Adventure textures to make it feel more homely. The fireplace itself looks great so far (albeit bare but I can add stuff in SFM, it just needs wallpaper. I'm thinking red because I plan for a moment during the video where the camera turns right to reveal an animated recreation of this, and later on in the video will turn right to show this (in which Tails may play Green Hill by Jon Batiste, unless Sonic's new movie will have an Emerald Hill piano piece).

I have a few other animated tidbits in mind for the video to keep it interesting but I won't spoil what I have in mind. I would post a picture, but I can't upload/post pictures straight from my harddrive.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 03:28:29 pm by Mystic Monkey »