Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431135 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #780 on: December 25, 2021, 11:27:11 pm »
Sonic Boom's TV Animation Is Getting A 'Complete Series' Steelbook Blu-ray Release Next March

It's arriving on 8th March next year and will include Season 1 and Season 2 across a five-disc Blu-ray set.
This version also includes an updated cover and pre-orders are available now on Amazon for $59.99 or your regional equivalent.
Here's the official description: ...

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/sonic-booms-tv-animation-is-getting-a-complete-series-steelbook-blu-ray-release-next-march

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure it'll look good. I just need more Sonic Adventure textures to make it feel more homely. The fireplace itself looks great so far (albeit bare but I can add stuff in SFM, it just needs wallpaper. I'm thinking red because I plan for a moment during the video where the camera turns right to reveal an animated recreation of this, and later on in the video will turn right to show this (in which Tails may play Green Hill by Jon Batiste, unless Sonic's new movie will have an Emerald Hill piano piece).

I have a few other animated tidbits in mind for the video to keep it interesting but I won't spoil what I have in mind. I would post a picture, but I can't upload/post pictures straight from my harddrive.

Picture attachment in this forum is not working,
usually I uploaded them in IMGBB or Discord or Tumblr first,
then post the pic link here.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 03:35:49 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #781 on: December 25, 2021, 11:31:24 pm »
LEGO Ideas’ Sonic the Hedgehog set reportedly leaked ahead of official release

News tips to Tails’ Channel suggested that Latin American retailer Mercado Livre has listed the upcoming set in what gaming critic Jordan Middler described as a “leak” before the intended release.
The seller has not given more details about the set, but it was disclosed that the release was scheduled for 2022.
The claim has not been officially corroborated.

Article : https://tailschannel.com/sonic-the-hedgehog/merchandise/lego-ideas-sonic-the-hedgehog-set-reportedly-leaked-ahead-of-official-release/

Offline Berto

« Reply #782 on: December 25, 2021, 11:58:14 pm »
Nitrome Once Pitched A Sonic Mobile Game to SEGA, Here's A Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKh5Y8d5fjc

There's no proper name attached to this demo, but apparently, Nitrome's latest release Super Leap Day for Apple Arcade borrowed the demo's wall-running mechanic.
Unfortunately for Nitrome the pitch didn't appeal to the "Sega Gods" and so this Sonic mobile game never saw the light of day.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/random-nitrome-once-pitched-a-sonic-game-to-the-sega-gods-heres-a-look

Offline Berto

« Reply #783 on: December 26, 2021, 12:01:53 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K Bonus Stage Edition Steelbook releasing in time for the sequel

Paramount and SEGA’s 2020 Sonic the Hedgehog will be seeing a 4K + Blu-Ray + Digital re-release to coincide with the upcoming sequel.
Dubbed the Bonus Stage Edition, the boxed set will include the previously released comic book, as well as mini posters, what appears to be a collector card, and an outer box and a mini CD sized Steelbook case. The set will ....

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/12/23/sonic-the-hedgehog-4k-bonus-stage-edition-steelbook-releasing-in-time-for-the-sequel/

Offline Berto

« Reply #784 on: December 26, 2021, 12:08:06 am »
Check Out This Never-Before-Seen Intro To BioWare's Now-Decanonized Sonic Brotherhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jkkOtWn2fE

Now, video game animation expert and author Jonathan Cooper has shared something new relating to the game – an animated introduction sequence that was removed from the final product.
According to Cooper, Sega decided to cut the animation and used a montage of gameplay footage for the intro instead.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/check-out-this-never-before-seen-intro-to-biowares-now-decanonized-sonic-brotherhood

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #785 on: December 26, 2021, 12:13:27 pm »
Picture attachment in this forum is not working,
usually I uploaded them in IMGBB or Discord or Tumblr first,
then post the pic link here.
I might post a picture once I get more substance to it. So far I made a fireplace and dwelling. While at first glance it may look like a generic living room but it actually uses textures from Twinkle Park and Station Square hotel.
LEGO Ideas’ Sonic the Hedgehog set reportedly leaked ahead of official release

Article : https://tailschannel.com/sonic-the-hedgehog/merchandise/lego-ideas-sonic-the-hedgehog-set-reportedly-leaked-ahead-of-official-release/
With the acception of Lego Dimensions, I haven't played with Legos since I was a kid. But I might be tempted to get a Sonic Lego set.

But... I would not be that interested in it if it did not have an electronic minifigure just like what Mario had. I know it's unfair to compare Sonic's products to Mario's but given Mario's minifigure doubles as a game then shouldn't Sonic have something just as quality? Ever since I watched this video, I would love to do Lego-papercraft projects with a Sonic electronic minifigure.
Nitrome Once Pitched A Sonic Mobile Game to SEGA, Here's A Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKh5Y8d5fjc

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/random-nitrome-once-pitched-a-sonic-game-to-the-sega-gods-heres-a-look
I wonder if Sega are kicking themselves with the miss oppotunity, given how popular Super Leap Day became.
Check Out This Never-Before-Seen Intro To BioWare's Now-Decanonized Sonic Brotherhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jkkOtWn2fE

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/check-out-this-never-before-seen-intro-to-biowares-now-decanonized-sonic-brotherhood

I've already seen it. The animation reminds me of early 20'00-'10 Newgrounds animations. I can see why Sonic Team rejected them but they still look better than Chronicles cutscenes that look like they were animated with PowerPoint.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 12:28:00 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #786 on: December 26, 2021, 07:19:50 pm »
With the acception of Lego Dimensions, I haven't played with Legos since I was a kid. But I might be tempted to get a Sonic Lego set.

But... I would not be that interested in it if it did not have an electronic minifigure just like what Mario had. I know it's unfair to compare Sonic's products to Mario's but given Mario's minifigure doubles as a game then shouldn't Sonic have something just as quality? Ever since I watched this video, I would love to do Lego-papercraft projects with a Sonic electronic minifigure.

It's too simple indeed...
Even if compared to Sonic Mania Ideas

I wonder if Sega are kicking themselves with the miss oppotunity, given how popular Super Leap Day became.

May be SEGA was thinking the game is too slow for Sonic game.
But if it's fun to play, they should've considered

I've already seen it. The animation reminds me of early 20'00-'10 Newgrounds animations. I can see why Sonic Team rejected them but they still look better than Chronicles cutscenes that look like they were animated with PowerPoint.

What they have animated might be last minutes attempt before the game's wrapped up.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #787 on: December 26, 2021, 11:16:41 pm »
It's too simple indeed...
Even if compared to Sonic Mania Ideas

I hope it's not a matter of Nintendo have copyright ownership of "electronic minifigures" or something. As far as I'm aware, Mario#s minifigure is the only electronic minifigure LEGO has ever made.
May be SEGA was thinking the game is too slow for Sonic game.
But if it's fun to play, they should've considered

What they have animated might be last minutes attempt before the game's wrapped up.

True, but would it really been bad to stall release of Sonic Chronicles for further development? Ever since Sonic '06 there has been cases of Sega straight-up telling the audience "We decided to postpone the date for development, we're sorry" and I've seen the community welcome this warmly.

Offline Berto

« Reply #788 on: December 27, 2021, 12:01:41 am »
Otoshidama, Have You Prepared It?

"We have prepared a SEGA original pooch bag again this year.
You can download it for free, so please print it and feel free to use it.
It's also convenient when you return your borrowed change."

Link : https://sns.sega.jp/sp/

Offline Berto

« Reply #789 on: December 27, 2021, 12:04:08 am »
I hope it's not a matter of Nintendo have copyright ownership of "electronic minifigures" or something. As far as I'm aware, Mario#s minifigure is the only electronic minifigure LEGO has ever made.

May be it's mandate from Nintendo? They agree appearing in lego series but it has to be different.

True, but would it really been bad to stall release of Sonic Chronicles for further development? Ever since Sonic '06 there has been cases of Sega straight-up telling the audience "We decided to postpone the date for development, we're sorry" and I've seen the community welcome this warmly.

Yes, but only for the game they developed by themself.
For the game that developed by other developers (Sonic Boom, racing series), they rarely do that.
I don't know why.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #790 on: December 27, 2021, 07:39:12 am »
Hey! Look what I found!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwH1zbJ_lvM
May be it's mandate from Nintendo? They agree appearing in lego series but it has to be different.
I hope not, it be unfair that Sonic Lego ends up just a generic playset while Nintendo get's to have electronics in theres.

If that's the case it's why I think perhaps LEGO isn't the ideal major toy deal for Sonic. As in if Mario has Lego, what if Sonic has Hot Wheels? Imagine if Sonic had an "electronic" Hot Wheels figure.
Yes, but only for the game they developed by themself.
For the game that developed by other developers (Sonic Boom, racing series), they rarely do that.
I don't know why.
Well, kinda sucks they don't own their own songs. SOme of LEGO Dimensions replacement songs were a bit cringey.

Offline Berto

« Reply #791 on: December 27, 2021, 06:56:29 pm »
Hey! Look what I found!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwH1zbJ_lvMI

I think I ever heard this song in Roblox when my kids playing it.
I dunno which world/server/anything, not really familiar with Roblox,
but many popular songs are used without permission from the right holder.
Love it when hearing it.

hope not, it be unfair that Sonic Lego ends up just a generic playset while Nintendo get's to have electronics in theres.

If that's the case it's why I think perhaps LEGO isn't the ideal major toy deal for Sonic. As in if Mario has Lego, what if Sonic has Hot Wheels? Imagine if Sonic had an "electronic" Hot Wheels figure.

Used to collect Hot Wheels since my son loved them.
For SEGA related, I have that SEGA series : Shinobi, JSRF, Space Channel 5, HoTD 3, and Super Monkey Ball.
Never saw Sonic ones.
That would be cool if it exist, especially if it treated different than the rest.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2021, 07:40:49 pm »
I think I ever heard this song in Roblox when my kids playing it.
I dunno which world/server/anything, not really familiar with Roblox,
but many popular songs are used without permission from the right holder.
Love it when hearing it.

Used to collect Hot Wheels since my son loved them.
For SEGA related, I have that SEGA series : Shinobi, JSRF, Space Channel 5, HoTD 3, and Super Monkey Ball.
Never saw Sonic ones.
That would be cool if it exist, especially if it treated different than the rest.
I can imagine a Sonic Hot Wheel figure if done right, though I imagine ti be difficult to make it streamlined for it to work properly. But it would fit well with Sonic's theme of speed and loop-de-loops.
As for how the electronic part works, I dunno. Maybe an app?

Offline Berto

« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2021, 07:49:10 pm »
I can imagine a Sonic Hot Wheel figure if done right, though I imagine ti be difficult to make it streamlined for it to work properly. But it would fit well with Sonic's theme of speed and loop-de-loops.
As for how the electronic part works, I dunno. Maybe an app?

The road part is the one to modify with electronic parts,
not the cars.
But speed couldn't be too fast, they had safety issues to consider,
so may be more on loops than on speed.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2021, 07:53:48 pm »
The road part is the one to modify with electronic parts,
not the cars.
But speed couldn't be too fast, they had safety issues to consider,
so may be more on loops than on speed.
Well, as much as I think a Sonic LEGO set with electronic minifigure would be cool, I just can't see it happening if Nintendo has the licence for it. But SEGA could probably get away with making an electronic minifigure for another leading toy franchise. Hot Wheels was the first in mind given some of their playsets look like they were designed for rollercoasters and Sonic's zones have rollercoaster like formations.