Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431094 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #165 on: February 06, 2021, 04:33:35 pm »
I always thought the Archie comics had gall to claim there version of Sonic as the "Prime Sonic".
To me, that honour goes to Sega Sonic. The one from the games we're all familiar with.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #166 on: February 08, 2021, 05:24:42 am »
I always thought the Archie comics had gall to claim there version of Sonic as the "Prime Sonic".
To me, that honour goes to Sega Sonic. The one from the games we're all familiar with.

Well.. The honour now goes to Netflix Sonic.  ::)

Offline Berto

« Reply #167 on: February 08, 2021, 05:28:00 am »
Dr. Eggman Actor Mike Pollock to Continue Voicing Character

Despite the recent shakeups in the Sonic the Hedgehog voice cast, including the departure of Sonic voice actor Roger Craig Smith, and the previously unreported by us departures of Colleen O’Shaughnessey as Tails and Cindy Robinson as Amy Rose, one cast member has confirmed they are staying.
Mike Pollock announced via Twitter that he will remain in the role of Doctor Eggman, a role he has held since 2003. 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/06/dr-eggman-actor-mike-pollock-to-continue-voicing-character/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2021, 09:03:41 am »
He had it in the bag.

Offline Berto

« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2021, 06:35:54 pm »
Sonic the Movie 2 eyes Jason Momoa to voice Knuckles

According to the website ‘The Illuminerdi’ Paramount Pictures has officially offered the role of Knuckles in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 to Aquaman star Jason Momoa but the actor is ‘yet to accept it’.
I will say that in the past Jason Momoa has been ‘tagged’ in motion pictures that never happen

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/09/sonic-the-movie-2-eyes-jason-momoa-to-voice-knuckles/

Offline Berto

« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2021, 06:38:18 pm »
Ben Schwartz says he hasn’t been asked by SEGA to voice Sonic in other media

Do you guys think that Ben Schwartz is playing it cute and knows he is voicing Sonic but since SEGA hasn’t officially announced it he is pretending not knowing?
Also consider this interview isn’t to promote a upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog movie but to promote the Disney+ movie ‘Flora & Ulysses’ that he is in.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/09/ben-schwartz-says-he-hasnt-been-asked-by-sega-to-voice-sonic-in-other-media/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2021, 07:53:09 pm »
Sonic the Movie 2 eyes Jason Momoa to voice Knuckles

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/09/sonic-the-movie-2-eyes-jason-momoa-to-voice-knuckles/
My choice would of been Omar Benson Miller as an extremely subtle nod to Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
-----

Is this video legit?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qylH_E0OlUg
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 07:55:27 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2021, 09:46:22 pm »
My choice would of been Omar Benson Miller as an extremely subtle nod to Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
-----

Is this video legit?

That video is based from 4chan, so take it with a grain of salt.
Also here more the leaks that spread from 4chan :

1. SA1 and 2 ports (was supposed to be remakes, but stuff happened)
2. New Sonic game (Sonic Legend?) may get pushed past 30th anniversary. Combining Lost world and Forces. No old villains, aside from Eggman. New villain is introduced. Classic Sonic returns, but this time as an unlockable, as far as I can tell, not so much a part of the story.
3. Crush 40 was brought on to redo "Open Your Heart" and "Live and Learn", but this may just be added to the next CD, because remake got shafted for ports.
4. Chao Garden was a sh!t show for the remakes, as prior code was lost and coder could not be contacted, so be happy your pet sim did not have to shit the bed.
5. Chao garden will not return in new games, but Chao make cameos. Will get their own mobile game in time.
6. Music is on point, as per usual. Graphics are fine. Aesthetic is colorful, pops like cell shading. Cubic trees from Forces make a return, from stage I saw.
7. New VAs already cast for show. Might be in new game too
8. Few fan VAs have been contacted under NDA.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2021, 06:13:11 am »
That video is based from 4chan, so take it with a grain of salt.
Also here more the leaks that spread from 4chan :

1. SA1 and 2 ports (was supposed to be remakes, but stuff happened)
2. New Sonic game (Sonic Legend?) may get pushed past 30th anniversary. Combining Lost world and Forces. No old villains, aside from Eggman. New villain is introduced. Classic Sonic returns, but this time as an unlockable, as far as I can tell, not so much a part of the story.
3. Crush 40 was brought on to redo "Open Your Heart" and "Live and Learn", but this may just be added to the next CD, because remake got shafted for ports.
4. Chao Garden was a sh!t show for the remakes, as prior code was lost and coder could not be contacted, so be happy your pet sim did not have to shit the bed.
5. Chao garden will not return in new games, but Chao make cameos. Will get their own mobile game in time.
6. Music is on point, as per usual. Graphics are fine. Aesthetic is colorful, pops like cell shading. Cubic trees from Forces make a return, from stage I saw.
7. New VAs already cast for show. Might be in new game too
8. Few fan VAs have been contacted under NDA.
Ugh some of these supposed leaks are horrible and hope they are false.
Though if there will be a remake of the Adventure games I do agree how difficult it would be to revise the Chao Gardens. I have a few ideas and sollutions myself but I don't have a say in Sega.

Also, look what else I found! https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1359517479979134980
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:17:59 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2021, 06:13:28 pm »
Also, look what else I found! https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1359517479979134980
I like the logo.. Glad Tails is really given an exposure in the logo

--------------

Sonic movie sequel officially titled Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – releasing April 8, 2022

The Sonic movie twitter account shared the news that the Sonic the Hedgehog movie sequel, which we have all been calling Sonic the Hedgehog 2, will in fact be titled… Sonic the Hedgehog 2!
The animated logo reveal, which you can see after the break, features Emerald Hill Zone music and a stylized 2 featuring Tails’ tails. 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/10/sonic-movie-sequel-officially-titled-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-releasing-april-8-2022/

Offline Berto

« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2021, 06:05:07 am »
Sonic Revolution Announced for 2021 Online Event

Sonic the Hedgehog’s 30th anniversary keeps getting better with the announcement of Sonic Revolution, the 7th year that the event has been concurrently going and is the 2nd one to be online.
The event has been a Los Angeles-located Sonic convention but due to the Covid-19 virus, the event will be hosted online through the Sonic Revolution Discord servers.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/11/sonic-revolution-announced-for-2021-online-event/

Offline Berto

« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2021, 09:32:55 pm »
Microsoft’s Edge extensions store hosted illicit copies of Sonic 2
Also : Mario Kart 64, Super Mario Bros, Pac-Man, Tetris, Cut The Rope, even Minecraft

The developers listed on the titles weren’t Microsoft, Nintendo, or any other recognizable game developer, meaning that they almost certainly aren’t official copies of the games.
In the hours since we published this story, all but one game we found has been removed. 

Article : https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/12/22281033/microsoft-edge-extensions-mario-kart-64-sonic-minecraft-games

Offline Berto

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2021, 12:22:00 am »
Sonic series tops with 3.7 million units sold in latest financial report

According to SEGASammy, the quarter in the Consumer Entertainment segment has “significantly exceeded the previous forecast”, specifically thanks to free-to-play titles for mobile phones (Sonic Forces: Speed Battle, Sonic Dash, i.e.) and pre-orders from Persona 5 Strikers which will be launched in the West during the fourth fiscal quarter.
SEGASammy also confirmed that the quarterly performance from the Consumer Entertainment segment was the best they had since the pandemic started, with strong performances not only in the Full Game area, but in others as well.

Article : https://tailschannel.com/sonic-the-hedgehog/sega/sonic-series-tops-with-3-7-million-units-sold-in-latest-financial-report/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2021, 11:32:11 am »
That's good right? Means more good things for Sonic Team?

Offline Berto

« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2021, 06:05:51 pm »
That's good right? Means more good things for Sonic Team?

Yeah, not just Sonic Team but also SEGA Hardlight (Sonic mobile games) and SEGA Europe (Sonic ports on Steam).
And about the rise of the sales number ....
In October 2020 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was given away for free on Steam and those numbers are counted.
It seems like this was planned to boost Sonic's sales number for Sonic 30th Anniversary.