Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431140 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2021, 06:14:11 pm »
Sonic Boom Season 1 Blu-Ray and Season 2 DVD now available for pre-order

We previously reported on Sonic Boom season 1 releasing to blu-ray and now we have pre-order listings and box art!
Season 1 will not only include 9 hours of episodes on 3 blu-ray discs, but there will also be a digital code to be redeemed on a service called movieSPREE.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/02/23/sonic-boom-season-1-blu-ray-and-season-2-dvd-now-available-for-pre-order/

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2021, 06:15:10 pm »

He wasn't my favourite voice for Sonic, but still glad we had him for this long.

I like all of them, even the Japanese voice actors (which make Sonic sounded like a Bishōnen).
It's really hard to pick who's my favorite, I really can't.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2021, 04:59:09 am »
That's an easy one for me. Ryan Drummond forever!

Offline Berto

« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2021, 12:46:16 am »
Industry Insiders Explain Why Video Game Movies Are Getting Better And More Popular

Dmitri Johnson, who co-produced Sonic under his company dj2 Entertainment, was involved in the movie's on-again-off-again production since 2012.
He said that "everyone thought it was a joke," during the early phases of production, but that attitudes changed following the film's highly successful release.
"Shortly after that, the incoming calls definitely increased from studios [and] networks saying, 'Hey, whaddya got next?'" 

Article : https://www.gamespot.com/articles/industry-insiders-explain-why-video-game-movies-are-getting-better-and-more-popular/1100-6488053/

Offline Mystic Monkey

So... what's this I've been hearing about a 30th Anniversary Concert? Or is it just rumours?
Not that it matters much to me given I can't go to America.

Offline Berto

So... what's this I've been hearing about a 30th Anniversary Concert? Or is it just rumours?
Not that it matters much to me given I can't go to America.

Yeah, that news was revealed in February’s issue of Total Licensing Australia magazine.
Since it's on the reputable magazine, most likely it's true.
It's just there isn't any detail about that information other than it probably will be virtual due to COVID-19.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Virtual! So i can use my Oculus Rift headset to attend it!? That be so cool!

Offline Berto

Virtual! So i can use my Oculus Rift headset to attend it!? That be so cool!

Lol.. That's different kind of "virtual".
This "virtual" here according to definitions from Oxford Languages means
"carried out, accessed, or stored by means of a computer, especially over a network."

Offline Mystic Monkey

Lol.. That's different kind of "virtual".
This "virtual" here according to definitions from Oxford Languages means
"carried out, accessed, or stored by means of a computer, especially over a network."
Aw.. It would be cool if Sega made a virtual convention hall or concert and VR players can attend the crowed. Maybe in VRChat which has become a rather public VR service.

Heck Lil X Nas held a concert in Roblox of all places. But I know sometimes Phantasy Star Online 2 have special guess characters non-canon to PSO2 lore, such as Hatsune Miku, so they can do it there as well I guess.

Offline Berto

Aw.. It would be cool if Sega made a virtual convention hall or concert and VR players can attend the crowed. Maybe in VRChat which has become a rather public VR service.

Heck Lil X Nas held a concert in Roblox of all places. But I know sometimes Phantasy Star Online 2 have special guess characters non-canon to PSO2 lore, such as Hatsune Miku, so they can do it there as well I guess.

It would be cool if happened but the target audience would be limited.
Not everyone has VR device, but everyone could always watch youtube stream.

Offline Berto

TOMY Partners with SEGA for Sonic Plushes

The Japanese toy company TOMY has signed a deal with SEGA of America to add Sonic the Hedgehog to their line of Club Mocchi- Mocchi- plushies.
This new line of plushies will represent the first non-Nintendo IP to be made into a TOMY plushie.

Article : https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/tomy-partners-with-sega-for-sonic-plushes

Offline Mystic Monkey

It would be cool if happened but the target audience would be limited.
Not everyone has VR device, but everyone could always watch youtube stream.
VRChat would be a good platform for it given you don't have to have VR to play it. Just a functioning microphone for chat.

Offline Berto

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie begins production with fancy chair photo announcement

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/15/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-movie-begins-production-with-fancy-chair-photo-announcement/

Offline Berto

IDW announces Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Celebration: The Deluxe Edition

Celebrate Sonic the Hedgehog’s way past cool 30th birthday! The classic character comes to life in all-new adventures inspired by the original 2D games and he’s not alone!
Join Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles “Tails” Prower, Knuckles the Echidna, Amy Rose, Mighty the Armadillo, Ray the Flying Squirrel, and even more special guests as they travel through zones inspired by the seasons in search of Chaos Emeralds!

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/03/17/idw-announces-sonic-the-hedgehog-30th-anniversary-celebration-the-deluxe-edition/

Offline Berto

VRChat would be a good platform for it given you don't have to have VR to play it. Just a functioning microphone for chat.

I read it in Steam page it's still in Early Access.
But it's been released years ago (1 Feb, 2017), why is it still in Early Access?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat/