Author Topic: Total war: WARHAMMER (official topic)  (Read 8814 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Total war: WARHAMMER (official topic)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 03:13:57 pm »
I too would have gone with Skaven... They're just a really unique race and I've always liked playing as bad guys. Lizardmen too.
As the for what is available I'll start with the Vampires, pretty overlooked race usually.

I'm very excited for this actually... I feel a new PC build coming on.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 03:27:34 pm »
I really like that the Lizardbros are modeled after the Aztecs. I think that's a cool design fusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U63HSevwck

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 11:20:00 am »
Don't think factions, think races. In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?687395-New-game-announced-Total-War-WARHAMMER&p=14479008&viewfull=1#post14479008

Umm, hmm.

This doesn't sound great actually. I was hoping they would have more factions available.  I would have at least thought the humans would be broken up into their factions.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 11:22:21 am »
On the upside, this sounds really cool:

The races in Warhammer are massively different in variation and content compared to factions we’ve depicted in our games before. Given the huge variety in creatures, characters and machines in the Warhammer world, we’ve decided to go deep rather than wide. We’ll be putting as much unit and content variation as we can into the main game to best represent the incredibly detailed races we’ve chosen first. To compare, ATTILA has 6 model skeletons underlying all the units used in the game (human, horse, elephant, dog,etc). In Total War: WARHAMMER, there’s 24 in the first game alone, each representing a different creature or machine type.

-Will CA

24 Skeleton types!? Gonna be lots of fantasy creatures it seems!

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 11:26:51 am »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 11:43:29 am »
I posted this info on the last page xD

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3546.msg76361#msg76361

Oops, don't know how I missed that. Was reading too much into the Chaos bit.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:28 am »
I don't blame you.

Not putting Chaos in a Warhammer game is the most baffling decision I've ever heard.

Chaos should be Pre-requisite for any Warhammer game with multiple factions.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 05:03:58 pm »
But Chaos clearly IS in the game, it's what the trailer was all about! I assume instead of making them a playable faction they are the bigbad in the game and in doing so they can do things that had they been a playable faction would make it unbalanced. Like giant boss battles and incredibly huge strongholds.

I assume each of the 3 games will add at least 4 new playable factions, which means at least 12 when all is said and done. I am hoping they all use the same base map, maybe expand on it each game. So by the end you have a full map of the world, full on incredibly deep playable factions.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »
Yeah if you think we have been shown everything in the game, you don't know how CA works. They will slowly reveal stuff until it gets closer to launch.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 06:20:42 pm »
As I expected:

In Total War: WARHAMMER you’ll have four races to choose from, Greenskins, The Empire, Dwarfs and Vampire Counts. Each race has a legendary lord character , who is the leader of a faction within your chosen race
Each legendary character has a quest arc, unique abilities, armour, weapons and in some cases, access to mounts. Each race will play very differently from each other; to master them all will require massive variation in campaign and battle strategy. Greenskins aren’t going to behave the same way as the Empire for example, and will have access to different playstyles and features.

Future instalments of the trilogy will expand the world-map, bringing unique new terrain and introducing new playable Lords and their races. We’re planning these to be massive standalone follow-ups to the main game (like ATTILA to ROME II).
You’ll be able to get just these and play them on their own if you like or, if you have the main game too, you’ll eventually be able to play across an expanded campaign map that includes all available areas of the Old World. These follow-ups combined with the main game will create the biggest single Total War experience ever.
Made by SEGA

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2015, 10:44:53 pm »
I can deal with this now.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 03:10:06 am »
By the way they talk about and put such focus on the Heroes, I'm thinking they're going to play a bigger part than usual TW Generals... Sounds like you might take more control of them in some form or another.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 10:34:14 am »
I have a feeling it'll be a bit like Kingdom Under Fire if anyone's familiar with those games. Not quite as much, but where hero units are extremely important and can cast magic or do lots of damage on their own.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 11:05:33 am »
Am also getting a bit of warcraft vibes as hell hero wise.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 06:31:14 pm »
Im not against that, so long as it doesn't take away from the epic scale of TW battles... I don't want none of that streamlined, bull.

I see no mention of naval battles, but I hope they are in there... Possibly far fetched hope, but there is an ocean in the lore called I think 'The Sea of Claws' because of the sheer number of sea monsters would be AWESOME to battle giant squid via naval battle or something. But I don't expect it.
Made by SEGA