Author Topic: Sonic 2013 Speculation Thread  (Read 103630 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sonic 2013 Speculation Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2013, 06:34:46 pm »
"Sonic Excursion"

Anyone else finds this a way too subtle way of dismissing that this is a new Sonic Adventure game?

All it needs is a chao garden. I'll save some hope that they just didn't show it yet.
SEG4GES

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2013, 06:36:16 pm »
I wouldn't mind it if that rumour was true. Still, Wentos hasn't really said anything so far that could have been confirmed and I think some stuff from him also got debunked. So we'll see, big retail Sonic games usually get announced in April/May anyway, so the reveal shouldn't be too far off.

EDIT: Oh, he leaked Sonic Generations before? Alright.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:29 pm »
"Sonic Excursion"

Anyone else finds this a way too subtle way of dismissing that this is a new Sonic Adventure game?

All it needs is a chao garden. I'll save some hope that they just didn't show it yet.
Sonic adventure was really nice in that you could walk/run freely and interact with things. Pick up stuff etc. I wonder how the generations controls would lend itself for the chao gardens. But they also managed to tweak/improve the controls from unleashed, to colors and finally to generations.

Not gonna lie that I wish they'd do something new. Reading that all characters will play with boost meters kind of took away that hope I initially had. It's time for Sonicteam to try out something that could lend itself for better gameplay

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2013, 06:45:29 pm »
Not gonna lie that I wish they'd do something new. Reading that all characters will play with boost meters kind of took away that hope I initially had. It's time for Sonicteam to try out something that could lend itself for better gameplay
Disagree. Trying out stuff is what made ST almost destroy Sonic. Gens' gameplay was good, I say stick with it.
Maybe put some optional side levels with different styles of gameplay and see how it goes, would be cool
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2013, 06:50:51 pm »
Disagree. Trying out stuff is what made ST almost destroy Sonic. Gens' gameplay was good, I say stick with it.
Maybe put some optional side levels with different styles of gameplay and see how it goes, would be cool
I expected to get a reaction like this. And while you're right, it's sad that we're afraid for Sonicteam to try out stuff cuz they'd likely ruin everything. I guess if we trusted them more it'd be a better suggestion, but realistically it may not be wise indeed.

They will have to eventually though

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2013, 06:54:32 pm »
They will have to eventually though
I guess.. But look at Nintendo for example. The Mario basis has been laid since Mario 64.
Maybe ST could just optimize the gameplay for now, latter try to incorporate new aspects and features, but slowly...not by putting a mandatory fishing game that's for sure.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2013, 07:10:51 pm »
I kind of think mario has a good basis for better variety in gameplay, but let's keep that topic in another thread.

If this all is true, this quote is pretty funny.

"Do not worry, it is not going to be Dimps. Sega has ended their relationship with them."

They're saying don't worry without anyone even mentioning or asking lol. Almost sounds like they've had enough of them themselves. For me they are known for terrible level design so them being aware of this problem would be a great thing

So far I really hope all this stuff is true. I am a big fan of gemerl

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2013, 07:12:58 pm »
It's a fine balance and not everyone is going to agree with. What some people see as "better" gameplay, others will just simply disagree. Sonic Colours gameplay was seen as better than Generations, but I do not like Sonic Colours much at all, granted I do not like the boost gameplay much either.

But what we have seen is that the boost gameplay, as bad as it has been for some, has done well to get Sonic back into the limelight for others. Not everyone is going to accept it, or may just think its a terrible gimmick altogether, but there is no denying that there are people that do like it.

I mean look at Phantasy Star Online 2, some people dislike where that game has gone whilst others are very much enjoying the title, so even if you try something new, it might not resonate with all fans and that is what happens with long running series. Even being a big Yakuza fan, I am not a fan of the PSP spinoff, even if it does contain all the ingredients to make it the best in the series (And to quite a few fans, it is) but it is just too different for me to like, whilst the more refined Yakuza 5 is my favourite in the series and probably my favourite game of all time now.

Back to Sonic, the series should be reinvented when the time comes and not before, so far the boost gameplay is yet to fall out with fans outside of the classic fans (I'm in that group) but take yourself back from what you perceive at being for the best and what is working currently or being enjoyed now rather.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2013, 07:15:18 pm »
CrazyTails, be sure to not get too much excited. It is very possible and probable that this rumor is false.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2013, 07:18:29 pm »
Yeah, thanks for the wake-up slap

Kind of let myself go for a minute.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2013, 07:29:02 pm »
I think the one thing they need to perfect is the slower sections. Unleashed was poopy when it came to moving slow as Sonic in the day stages, Colors was a little better, Generations improved on it a bit more but not entirely.

Offline celsowm

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »
May 21 is "D Day" !
This time SEGA can not make the same mistake of Sonic 2006 !

and about XBOX Infinite: http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-720-detail-leaks-suggest-xbox-infinity-as-new-name-28279672/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:36:40 pm by celsowm »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2013, 07:44:40 pm »
Well we certainly got a spike of visitors.

If only we could get this turnover for a non-Sonic SEGA game :(

But just incase you, yes you! The one of 80 guests! If you're felling guilty, fear not! For you can sign this Facebook campaign and all will be forgiven! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=483365031718403

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2013, 08:29:28 pm »
Hey we broke a guest record!

Offline Ravenfreak

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Haters gonna hate
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2013, 09:09:32 pm »
Well he has predicted the other sonic games in the past, so i'm about 50/50 that this is definitely legit. And finally we get to play as the main crew, sure other characters are said to make a cameo but you don't get to play as them. I really hope this isn't one huge joke, this could very much be the Sonic game i've been waiting for. :D