Author Topic: Thought on HD SEGA  (Read 2411 times)

Offline tixex

• Total Meseta: 0
Thought on HD SEGA
« on: June 09, 2021, 09:03:49 pm »
This Shenmue 1 & 2 HD made me think that maybe SEGA could actually take advantage of this and reissue some other class and make it HD. I'd really like to see some HD classics and play on consoles and PCs. Also, the return of these great games will bring the younger generation back to support SEGA, and who knows, maybe they can create new games based on the old ones depending on how much effort they put into HDing and redesigning the game. Here are some games I'd like to see and rethink in HD,

- Fighters MegaMix (and I also want to make a SEGA fighting game with SEGA characters)
- Astal
- Golden axe: duel
- eternal champion
- Space barrier

What do you think and is there a game you would like to see and master in HD?
Hi team, thanks for creating such an active forum.

Online Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Thought on HD SEGA
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:10:32 am »
Agree. Shenmue 1 & 2 HD was developed by D3T btw, not SEGA themself.
The games were almost received a complete remake but cancelled likely due to budget constraints.

I'm also glad that SEGA let Forever Entertainment made HD ports of Panzer Dragoon and The House of The Dead too.

Hopefully the sales were good and it wouldn't stop there.
If SEGA wouldn't do it themself, at least let other developers do it.

As for me, here's some games I'd like to in HD :

- Sonic Adventure 1-2
- Space Harrier
- Ninja Princess
- Alien Syndrome
- Rhythm Thief & Emperor's Treasure

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Thought on HD SEGA
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 04:03:36 pm »
While some have criticised Sega for not remaking their own Saturn games, I for one appreciate that they allow it at all and hope for more Sega classics to be reintroduced to us.

I still believe a "Sega Renaissance" is still on the way and the remakes we've had so far are just the beginning.

Still, this is Sega we're on about so I doubt they will have much hand or budget in their own renaissance.