Author Topic: Daredevil - Marvel Cinematic Universe gets brutal  (Read 12496 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Re: Daredevil - Marvel Cinematic Universe gets brutal
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 05:44:56 pm »
I do think that at times it could get too unrealistic or over the top with the gore. But I wouldn't call the amount of it needless. Fisk is supposed to be a terrifying person, especially to those working for him. Sugarcoating it is gonna give that less of an impact. But yeah, there are better ways of showing that than Fisk literally slamming someone's head off with a car door.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 06:48:39 pm »
It doesn't ruin it, just pulls you back at how silly it is. I think there would have been better ways to convince  us he was brutal. I think ordering the killing of the Mexican woman was better way of doing that.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 09:12:30 am »
Is Kingpin bullshit strong like in the comics because 'it's all actually muscle'? Or is he just a fat guy?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2015, 09:25:11 am »
Is Kingpin bullshit strong like in the comics because 'it's all actually muscle'? Or is he just a fat guy?

He's pretty tough but the series humanise him so well you'll end up feeling sorry for him rather than being terrified of him. Not my favourite portrayal but fine acting in the role.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2015, 02:36:12 pm »
I think it made him even more... crazy. Like when he charges at you, it still has the same 'holy shit' effect. Especially when its unexpected.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 02:59:52 pm »
It doesn't ruin it, just pulls you back at how silly it is. I think there would have been better ways to convince  us he was brutal. I think ordering the killing of the Mexican woman was better way of doing that.
That would show how much power Fisk has, yeah, but that doesn't show how terrifying he personally can be. As over the top as it was, the car door scene showed how brutal and strong he is.