Author Topic: Binary Domain Official Thread of Nagoshi Nagoshter  (Read 45960 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Binary Domain Official Thread of Nagoshi Nagoshter
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2012, 09:41:41 pm »
^ Did he just complain about the pacing and boss fights? the best elements in the game?

Also, they just reviewed it? Seems like they don't give a shit about the game to begin with.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2012, 02:22:08 am »
^ Did he just complain about the pacing and boss fights? the best elements in the game?

Also, they just reviewed it? Seems like they don't give a shit about the game to begin with.

Or, they weren't sent a Review copy until the last minute, a tactic publishers often take if they're afraid of low scores.

Offline Pao

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2012, 04:35:17 am »
Considering other, more critical, gaming outlets have reviewed the game in its first week or prior, I don't think that's the case.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2012, 05:00:48 am »
The pacing and boss battles is some of, if not, one of the best this generation.

Or, they weren't sent a Review copy until the last minute, a tactic publishers often take if they're afraid of low scores.

Considering Gametrailers were given the exclusive announcement trailer for Binary Domain, think its fair to say they must have had one sent prior.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2012, 05:09:56 am »

Not on about profits , more about a game SEGA it's self made. To me Van was just a game SEGA picked up and published, nothing more .

Actually, it was created to be published by Sega. Sega paid for its development. Sega owns the IP. Also the STG was involved in the development of this title in its final phrase.  So they hardly picked it up.You might as well say RANGER X isn't a sega game or GUARDIAN HEROES, a game you've been clamouring to get a sequel isn't a Sega game. Or even PANZER DRAGOON considering the team that made it wasn't exactly part of the main Sega studio infustruture. As i said its part of a great line of Sega second party games that while are not first party Sega titles tries to deliever the same depth of play innovation originality and excitement that the company who publishes it stands for, 

Well its worse now than ever . I've not seen one single add for BD or even a Magazine ad .
Yes something has gone wrong but i think its more easier for SOJ to excert their control than it was back in the nineties.

Oh its a close call with Yakuza II which was just SEGA at its very best . It's own spin and pushing the platform to its limits . Can only imagine what the same team could do with a sequel to Binary Domain , give how much they improved Yakuza II over Yakuza .
I'm talking about bringing fresh ideas to market. There wasn't anything like YAKUZA when it was first released in a stagnant PS2 market.

Shame SEGA inept PR have all but made sure we'll never find out
:'(

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2012, 09:22:26 pm »
Considering Gametrailers were given the exclusive announcement trailer for Binary Domain, think its fair to say they must have had one sent prior.

Well I know IGN had the Exclusive Review; theirs was I think the only one that went up before the day of the game's release.

Considering other, more critical, gaming outlets have reviewed the game in its first week or prior, I don't think that's the case.

Well it also depends on how quickly they played through it. :p

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2012, 08:34:09 pm »
I finally finished single player, and I seem to have gotten the lousy ending.  :'( It'd be easier to keep people trusting me if they didn't walk directly into my line of fire.  >:(

I expect to play again for better results, and still haven't tried multiplayer yet. With my stats maxed out, I was cleaning house with headshots, except against the Shinobi bots... ugh.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 10:10:27 am »
Just started this game on No Mercy, it really is brilliant in that mode since it takes forever to take down robots meaning you would probably see quite a few robots without their armour walking around!

Well I know IGN had the Exclusive Review; theirs was I think the only one that went up before the day of the game's release.

IGN probably did get the review copy before anyone else, but Gametrailers review came out before Destructoids, 1UPs, Gamespots, every major media outlet as far as I can tell.

Offline Pao

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2012, 01:36:05 pm »
Good news for the Master Race! Binary Domain is coming for PC (In both Digital and Retail form!)

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17126/sega-brings-binary-domain-to-the-pc-in-april

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2012, 04:02:13 pm »
Good news for the Master Race! Binary Domain is coming for PC (In both Digital and Retail form!)

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17126/sega-brings-binary-domain-to-the-pc-in-april
Awesome news, I'm definitely going to buy it.

Offline CovertVector

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2012, 05:20:23 pm »
D: Looks like I'm double-dipping! Hope the system requirements aren't too high...

edit: P.S., Team Fortress 2 hat, please! :<
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:28:35 pm by CovertVector »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2012, 05:54:26 pm »

What? How exactly did they pull off a PC version so quickly like that?

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2012, 05:56:06 pm »
What? How exactly did they pull off a PC version so quickly like that?
Most likely they've been working on the PC version for a while, but only announced it now.
According to the Steam store page, the studio that is handling the Binary Domain PC port is the same studio that ported Sonic Generations to the PC, and it's coming on April 6.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203750/

Offline DeSade

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2012, 03:41:48 am »
Finished two days ago and immediately started a new campaign!
Truly one hell of a game! I loved the characters' characterization and i really empathized with them...
Speakin' of gameplay, the game is solid and really fun to PLAY (in oppositon to, for example, a MGS 4 which was only graphic, cheesy dialogue and no fun... ONLY GRAPHIC AND NO FUN MAKE DE SADE A DULL BOY!)
Battle with bosses are epic and tear scrap heads to pieces is damn addicting!  ;D

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 06:15:41 am »
Playing Binary Domain on my third playthrough (Though to be fair I've been playing Dead Souls in between, oldschool arcade action!) on No Mercy with aim to get the best possible ending, Cain seriously is one of the best characters this generation. A spinoff (Even better, a sequel!) starring him would be the best thing, just hope the recent announcement of a PC version will ensure Binary Domain continues to sell well long into the future.