Author Topic: Binary Domain Official Thread of Nagoshi Nagoshter  (Read 45787 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Binary Domain Official Thread of Nagoshi Nagoshter
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52:41 pm »
Just some initial impressions so far.

Good interface, nice spin on the gameplay mechanic introduced by GOW.

Characters are good,like the western voice acting as it fits the various main characters...but

The japanese voice acting is more superior, you get the idea of the drama of the situation more. The western voices are full of character but they're more exclamations of drama rather than actually selling you the drama of the situation.

The story is tight and it also shows you can actually create a story for this type of genre instead of an outline of a story and just blast away. The ploy combined with the gameplay kept me engrossed in this game more than your average shooter has been able to do.

Its obvious some reviewers haven't played the game properly yet as the consequences system does affect gp and that's going through various situations. On both (play) copies i have.

Like VANQUISH before it with BINARY DOMAIN the japanese developers has issued a direct challenge to the western game makers holy grail on how to produce a shooter, or a different way to approch it. The game is not a GoW killer or a Halo killer but it is a step in the right direction because its a serious attempt by a japanese developer to do so. it is fitting that Sega was the company to do so.

To me the game's not finished. Its finished in the sense that its a complete game but to me it seems they have left a lot of things out so they could do or include these things in a sequel. A lot of things could have been expanded upon. It just felt we were getting a "demo" of the actual game rather then getting the whole game, but that's my opinion. Hopefully this will sell enough to see what's in stall down the line.

Like VANQUISH the game excels in boss battles straight from the arcade past and executed in a modern way. This has been missing for a very long time. A boss battle is supposed to heighten your senses and give you a sort of trepidation if it was a real good boss level. Like all the real good bosses are meant to do no matter how use to it you are as a player. it seems as far as  i'm concerned that Nagoshi and his team has managed to achieve that.

More games like this for the consumer market please Sega and not just from one studio.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 02:29:45 am »
It's so sad that on a so called SEGA site and when SEGA release a BIG and quite brilliant game no more people are talking about this gem .

I can't believe how good this game is or who good it looks too . This game is so much fun and way better than GOW III and the bosses battles are just the best and the graphics are nothing short of sensational . The Yakuza team have gone from poor animation and lacking with next gen shaders to now displaying some of the best animation and using almost every next gen shader there is with millions and millions of polygons on screen - The world just looks so solid, so real its amazing and I love the constant use of environment mapping and motion blur ect .

Sure there are issues, but its the team 1st go at a game like this and that what's a sequel is for . It just a shame that yet again SEGA inept PR dept have let the Team down - With no TV slots hardly any Magazine push and the most basic and cheap on-line push .

SEGA bits followers do your self a favour and buy this game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 03:57:38 am »
I was a bit on the fence on this one, but everything I've seen thus far has convinced me to get the title. When you think about it, Sega's Binary Domain is actually a good fit for early 2012, because there aren't many TPS in the horizon right now. Though it is true that interest in the game has only spiked due to the amount of footage that has been shown thus far.

Speaking of which, here's an awesome playthrough of Binary Domain done by Spill.com, they comment while playing, cracking a lot of jokes(spoiler warning though):
http://my.spill.com/profiles/blogs/the-loading-bar-presents-jeff-and-jason-play-binary-domain

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 12:42:54 pm »
It's so sad that on a so called SEGA site and when SEGA release a BIG and quite brilliant game no more people are talking about this gem .

I can't believe how good this game is or who good it looks too . This game is so much fun and way better than GOW III and the bosses battles are just the best and the graphics are nothing short of sensational . The Yakuza team have gone from poor animation and lacking with next gen shaders to now displaying some of the best animation and using almost every next gen shader there is with millions and millions of polygons on screen - The world just looks so solid, so real its amazing and I love the constant use of environment mapping and motion blur ect .

Sure there are issues, but its the team 1st go at a game like this and that what's a sequel is for . It just a shame that yet again SEGA inept PR dept have let the Team down - With no TV slots hardly any Magazine push and the most basic and cheap on-line push .

SEGA bits followers do your self a favour and buy this game
Segabit followers aren't enough. I know half of them will buy this game. What bothers me is these nitwits who go on how great a sega game is on numourous sites than don't buy it and then have the audacity to complain when Sega doesn't make a sequel. in the old days the old sega would have made another sequel of a game that didn't do great but under satomi's sega, that will never happen ever. And while that's a shame i kinda agree that Sega can't keep making games for the sake of it because of stupid nintendo owners screaming for one type of game and then not buying it or others going on how great asnd why no sequel to VANQUISH and VALKYRIE CHRONICLES Aae but didn't buy it in the first place. I'll pull my hair out if this happens again. There's enough gamers who know about this game that aren't particularly Sega afficiandos and they the ones who need to get of their fat arse and buy it. Sega's problem is letting the outside world know about the game, you know people who own a console but aren't living in a gamers world. Seganeeds to reach them. but don't. that's where Sega fux up. IMHO its a bit of both. false promises and inept advertising.

Remember that expression you wait all day for a bus than two come along at once. its funny how Sega kinda ends up with two shooters that are not only good but ends up or will end up influencing western shooters. Once again to be this good...

As for PR isn't Nagoshi in charge of that now? I think he shares the same problem you have with it at least the western department because of the position he's just been put in charge of, sega's image as it werer In japan weve seen how advertising can affect the sales of a shooter, the fact BD has gotten to number two is very good for a genre a lot of japanese game consumers have not taken to. But of course Sega west knows better....

Offline SEGA_Portuguese

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 01:06:59 pm »
Segabit followers aren't enough. I know half of them will buy this game. What bothers me is these nitwits who go on how great a sega game is on numourous sites than don't buy it and then have the audacity to complain when Sega doesn't make a sequel. 

I'm pretty much sure this gonna happen. People at internet are saying "darr, seems a good game, i'm waiting for bargain price". Those people will be THE SAME ones that will go one year later in Sonic videos and say: "hey SEGA, where's Binary Domain 2? Stop shitty Sonic games and give us Binary 2! You hate your fans, why dont you listen us?"

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »
BTW i just finished the "no mercy" difficulty and yeah the fate of the characters changes depends on how high the trust meter is with each squad mate.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 05:13:48 pm »
BTW i just finished the "no mercy" difficulty and yeah the fate of the characters changes depends on how high the trust meter is with each squad mate.
So, this means that there's multiple endings in this game? By the way, I officially hate [SPOILERS] after fighting the final boss. >:(
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:39:03 pm by Aki-at »

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 10:49:23 pm »

Yeap. Just completed the game a second time through for the best possible ending! Here are the four variations of the ending and what gets you them. Spoilers of course!

WARNING SPOILERS READ IF YOU WANT TO BE SPOILED

Ending 1: Low trust Bo, low trust Cain. Bo betrays the Rust Crew, Rachel sacrifices herself to save Faye. Bo dies due to injuries sustained fighting Dan and the Rust Crew

Ending 2: Low trust Bo, High trust Cain. Bo betrays the Rust Crew, Cain manages save Faye without anyone sacrificing themselves. Bo dies due to injuries sustained fighting Dan and the Rust Crew

Ending 3: High trust Bo, low trust Cain. Bo fights alongside the Rust Crew to take down Phillps, but sacrifices himself to save Faye. Dies of his injuries later on.

Ending 4 (Best Ending): High trust Bo, High trust Cain. Cain flies from the sky and crashes down in a hail of bullets to join the Rust Crew (Because he's that awesome) Bo fights alongside the Rust Crew to take down Phillps, Cain manages save Faye without anyone getting harmed. The whole of the Rust Crew lives.

SPOILERS END!

Such a shame though, really would love more Binary Domain, but highly unlikely at the moment unless it somehow manages to become a consistent seller, which is even more doubtful.

Should mention I was playing Invasion tonight and someone knew me from SEGAbits! I feel so famous now. But yeah, if anyone is willing to arrange a community mash up for Playstation 3 users, I'm completely for it!

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 02:15:08 am »
Segabit followers aren't enough. I know half of them will buy this game.

Yeah but I would expect this site more than most to be talking about this game, but even this site is a letdown about this brilliant game.

VANQUISH and VALKYRIE CHRONICLES Aae but didn't buy it in the first place.

Val Chronicles I can sort of understand - It wasn't multi platform and it was on the PS3 at the time when the system was really expensive , plus its it was a game in a really limited genre. Vanquished I know , but I really don't consider that to be A SEGA game (please lets not get into a debate about it, I just don't)

As for PR isn't Nagoshi in charge of that now?

Maybe in Japan, but I doubt SOJ have much say on PR for the West  Japan isn't the problem this game needs to sell well in the west . SEGA will spend millions and millions on pushing a game like Sonic (which don't really need a big push) and not spend anything on pushing a brand new IP (where it needs a big push) . I'm getting sick of this now, and this has been the case since the death of the DC , where SEGA's PR is totally and utterly inept.

Shame this game is a stunning achievement on almost every level and for me blows Gears III out of the water , can only imagine what the team could do with a sequel , shame then if this games bombs we'll never get to see it .I'm the 1st to have a pop at SEGA Japan and their next gen piple lines and games, but this game is just stunning and totally brilliant and the best SEGA Japan I've played since Orta  (well maybe Yakuza II) - Its harks back to the SEGA of old :- Stunning next gen gfx, brilliant sound and where SEGA take an established genre and puts their own unique spin on it .

This game deservers so much more .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 08:44:33 am »
What about non-ending variations?... For example:

SPOILER:

Can you prevent Shindo from dying? Or have more interactions with Kurosawa? What about Charlie and Rachel?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 08:47:57 am »
Yeah but I would expect this site more than most to be talking about this game, but even this site is a letdown about this brilliant game.

Dude, what the hell? Why are you going all emo on SEGAbits? We've reported on nearly EVERY trailer, every press release, most extended demo videos, the Japanese DLC, we had a weekly five, we had talked about it numerous times in the podcast, we had an interview with Nagoshi AND we'll have a review once George writes it up.

Calling SEGAbits a letdown when it comes to talking about Binary Domain is a bit insulting, given all the effort we put into all of the above.

CHeck it out, six pages of Binary Domain news: http://segabits.com/blog/tag/binary-domain/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:53:27 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:01 am »
Seriously, we've done more to support this game than any other site out there.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 10:24:16 am »
Dude, what the hell? Why are you going all emo on SEGAbits? We've reported on nearly EVERY trailer, every press release, most extended demo videos, the Japanese DLC, we had a weekly five, we had talked about it numerous times in the podcast, we had an interview with Nagoshi AND we'll have a review once George writes it up.

Calling SEGAbits a letdown when it comes to talking about Binary Domain is a bit insulting, given all the effort we put into all of the above.

CHeck it out, six pages of Binary Domain news: http://segabits.com/blog/tag/binary-domain/

I'm not having a go at the site, I'm on about the posters , one's who are meant to be SEGA fans and yet with a game like this (a gem) are strangely quite , its quite depressing really the lack of chat on this game on the forum
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 02:37:54 pm »
Maybe it's because everyone agrees with each other that it's an amazing game. No need to discuss or argue when that's the case.

I can't comment about the game yet though. Still haven't received it sigh. That's what you get when you go for the cheapest solution

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 03:58:04 pm »
I havent recieved my copy yet either... Channel Islands...
Made by SEGA